Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2022 10:28:23 PM EDT
It looks like the existing threads are very dated.

I want to install wifi security cameras/lights.  3 of my locations are cherry-picker height (22-24 FT) and I know a lot of motion detectors don't work well from those heights.  I've also heaerd sories of cameras frequently loosing wifi connection and needing to be reset with a button in the camera.  Obviously that would be a no-go for me!  Most of the locations (existing light boxes) are between 10 and 13 ft.

I've read others only work on the LAN with a mobile app and PC apps have been discontinued (you have to go to an external web page).

I want cameras fully accessable and lights fully controllable from the internet (Starlink in my case) and the the LAN with the internet down. I'd love a local backup option, and I'd like reasonable subscription fees that scale well with a large number of cameras (4300 square ft home with two wings).  Prob looking at at least 8 outdoor camerd/lights not counting 2 doorbell cams.

I really have no idea what to buy.

Mike
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top