Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2019 12:15:25 PM EDT
I recently got a Winchester 94AE Trapper in 44 MAG. The rifle groups very well, looks nice with the wood stock, but the trigger sucks!!!!!!!  What little research I have done, there appears to be not much that can be done to make the trigger any better.
Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
What's wrong with it? Gritty? Heavy? Excessive slop?

It's not at all hard to take apart a 94. Clean up the sear contact points with some fine grit sandpaper. If you want to go further you can clip the prongs to be rid of the rebound hammer feature and continue cleaning up the trigger from there.
Link Posted: 8/11/2019 1:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine polished up a treat

Read more online articles - an easy trigger to work on & well worth doing
Link Posted: 8/12/2019 4:18:25 PM EDT
[#3]
They are a pretty easy trigger to clean up and make comfortable to shoot, I have worked on all three of my 94's to smooth them out, just slow, easy and clean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top