User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let's not. Some of us want to see who wins the cat fight so we can make up our minds to buy now or later...Or both.
View Quote
This is ar15.com, the correct answer is always "both"
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's not. Some of us want to see who wins the cat fight so we can make up our minds to buy now or later...Or both.
I'm legit considering it. A 9CT now and a Z5PK later.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:32:00 PM EDT
[#3]
No rail for me, fortunately, I have original HK's
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You are in the very small majority and ptr knows that as well-hence why they don't offer it.

most people that get the clones will get one of them, and more than likely they will have a optic.

Very few HK purist left

that's not even close to true, a rail basically covers nothing
View Quote
I’m not sure you understand what a majority is.

The likely answer is that they want to see how it performs in the market before putting out new models. Especially if it’s selling very well since you wouldn’t want to disrupt a profitable line. They used to build only railed 91 clones too, but now you can get them both ways.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
In this great debate about rail over aesthetics, I decided to go ahead and order a 9CT.  Found one for $1435 shipped which is the lowest I found in all price history when I searched.  The rail doesn't bother me as I intend on running an optic on this particular clone.  I DO plan on ordering a Z5PK in addition should more come to shores (I am not going to pay a secondary market tax because they are currently in low supply) or an alternate K should someone produce one of similar quality and without rail.  One rail...one no rail for me, please.  True ARF fashion...Get both.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you order from Atlantic I wonder if they’d check the fit on one for you before shipping it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The biggest concern that keeps me from buying a PTR 9CT right now is it looks like the odds of getting one that a wide forearm will fit on is a total crap shoot.  Seems a good number of them have the cocking tube turned a bit too far to the left and it results in the charging handle getting in the way of the wide forearm fitting.
If you order from Atlantic I wonder if they’d check the fit on one for you before shipping it out.
Well, figured I'd roll the dice.  Just ordered a 9CT and a wide handguard from Atlantic.  In the order notes, I asked them to test fit the handguard because of all the 9CT's out there with the cocking tube installed wrong that prevent the wide handguard from fitting.  I don't think its an unreasonable request as they advertise the wide handguard on their site as a great upgrade for the PTRs.  We'll see what happens
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:18:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, figured I'd roll the dice.  Just ordered a 9CT and a wide handguard from Atlantic.  In the order notes, I asked them to test fit the handguard because of all the 9CT's out there with the cocking tube installed wrong that prevent the wide handguard from fitting.  I don't think its an unreasonable request as they advertise the wide handguard on their site as a great upgrade for the PTRs.  We'll see what happens
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The biggest concern that keeps me from buying a PTR 9CT right now is it looks like the odds of getting one that a wide forearm will fit on is a total crap shoot.  Seems a good number of them have the cocking tube turned a bit too far to the left and it results in the charging handle getting in the way of the wide forearm fitting.
Good luck. I received responses to a couple of emails and neither one addressed this question when I asked. I gave up. Maybe they didn't know what the hell i was talking about....

I am just going to order the wide grip forearm and hope for the best.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:59:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good luck. I received responses to a couple of emails and neither one addressed this question when I asked. I gave up. Maybe they didn't know what the hell i was talking about....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol nice.  Even the pics of the guns on Atlantic site show the alignment of the charging handle is all over the place on these guns.  They point anywhere from like 9-11 o'clock.

Hopefully we both get lucky.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 7:36:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 11:41:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
When I bought my Zenith Z-5RS from Atlantic it was part of a package deal that included a brace and they swapped out the skinny forearm and tossed a wide one in the box. The wide forearm didn't even fit the Zenith because it was so narrow. The POF one I ordered afterwards fit just fine, heh.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

down to the milled off iron sights?
View Quote
Absolutely. Make a correct ak4 clone with all the Swedish upgrades.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:07:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered a wide US made hand guard from hk parts and it fits my ptr 9ct perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I’m not sure you understand what a majority is.

The likely answer is that they want to see how it performs in the market before putting out new models. Especially if it’s selling very well since you wouldn’t want to disrupt a profitable line.
View Quote
I cannot understand how not adding a rail will disrupt anything.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered a wide US made hand guard from hk parts and it fits my ptr 9ct perfectly.
View Quote
I think the issue folks are running into is the improper indexing of the cocking tube before it’s welded to the receiver, causing the cocking handle to interfere with the wide handguard.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I think the issue folks are running into is the improper indexing of the cocking tube before it’s welded to the receiver, causing the cocking handle to interfere with the wide handguard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mine was indexed improperly.  I sent it back to PTR and they installed a new cocking tube.  The tube was perfectly centered in the front sight tower before, but it is a bit to one side now.  That was like the first ding on a new car for me, It doesn't get treated gently anymore.

Agree, it should be fixed by now though with any new production guns.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:29:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mine was indexed improperly.  I sent it back to PTR and they installed a new cocking tube.  The tube was perfectly centered in the front sight tower before, but it is a bit to one side now.  That was like the first ding on a new car for me, It doesn't get treated gently anymore.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know they will fix it. I figured if mine was indexed wrong PTR would just say they made it to fit the factory hand guard or something like that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:36:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Good to know they will fix it. I figured if mine was indexed wrong PTR would just say they made it to fit the factory hand guard or something like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.  I went the the PTR specifically because it was made by a reputable US company with a good warranty.  They were very responsive and paid shipment.  Couldn't ask for more as far as customer service.  It.is sear pack ready and simply works.  If they make a rail free GI version, it will be mine.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top