Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2022 8:24:17 AM EDT
the Mousqueton AMD is the French Mini-14 used by police and security forces.  European agencies seem to hold onto guns for longer than what we in the US might expect - With the French finally surplussing some of the revolvers acquired in the 70s - Do you think they will be upgrading and surplussing mini-14s at some point?

Link Posted: 2/18/2022 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
the Mousqueton AMD is the French Mini-14 used by police and security forces.  European agencies seem to hold onto guns for longer than what we in the US might expect - With the French finally surplussing some of the revolvers acquired in the 70s - Do you think they will be upgrading and surplussing mini-14s at some point?

https://i0.wp.com/www.forgottenweapons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/mini-1.jpg?w=800&ssl=1
View Quote

If they do it will be to a 3rd world shit hole military.  I see a selector switch in that picture.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:12:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Noticed one of the big box stores has some SIG 2022 French police turn ins.  Never expected to see those.  Wanted about a grand as I recall.  

The French will sell stuff over here.  There's been batches of Manurhin MR73, MR88, and Ruger SP101 showing up from time to time.  I've heard of MAC 1950 out there but I've never seen one.  An AMD would be cool, it's a bit of an odd duck.
Link Posted: 2/18/2022 11:12:13 PM EDT
[#5]
An interesting French rifle for sale -

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/nafrf2d
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 12:01:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Noticed one of the big box stores has some SIG 2022 French police turn ins.  Never expected to see those.  Wanted about a grand as I recall.  

The French will sell stuff over here.  There's been batches of Manurhin MR73, MR88, and Ruger SP101 showing up from time to time.  I've heard of MAC 1950 out there but I've never seen one.  An AMD would be cool, it's a bit of an odd duck.
View Quote

I actually was tempted ont he French 2022, I love my 2022, but over $1k for the French version is not looking like its worth it to me.

I see there are both semi and select fire versions of the AMD, Just interesting to see French weapons actually getting swapped out after decades now and thinking these are ripe for surplussing parts or otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top