Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 7:01:35 PM EDT
Will L210 10x12 shooters cut fit JPC 2.0 medium?

Also, are they quality plates? I understand they’re not rated for 7.62x51 but they’re decent for 5.56 m193, yes?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Also, are they quality plates? I understand they’re not rated for 7.62x51 but they’re decent for 5.56 m193, yes?
View Quote

Yes, Hesco L210's are well regarded budget plates made by a reputable manufacturer that will stop all the common AR15 and AK47/74 rounds in circulation.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they will fit
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes, Hesco L210's are well regarded budget plates made by a reputable manufacturer that will stop all the common AR15 and AK47/74 rounds in circulation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it worth the extra (and much greater) cost for 3810;s as far as weight and fit?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yes they will fit
View Quote

Will they fill out the pc armor pouches? Obviously there will be some slop/extra fabric but will it be substantial?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I have mine in a medium JPC 1.0 but the 2.0 plate bag is mostly the same and I'm sure they are both dimensioned to snugly fit a medium sapi. Left to right they fit nice and snug without the crazy stretching like most low cost thicc SAPI plates will do in the Crye PC's.. Top to bottom there is about 1/4"-1/2" of empty space in the top of the carrier but the plate doesn't shift around inside when worn
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is it worth the extra (and much greater) cost for 3810;s as far as weight and fit?
View Quote

That depends on what your financial situation is. The L210 will still save your life just as well as the 3810 from any rifle threat that you'll realistically need to worry about. So if the 3810s are giving you sticker shock, then maybe just get the L210s since they'll still do everything you'll need a plate to do.

But if you can justify the cost of 3810s, they're absolutely worth it. Shaving 1.6 pounds per plate and going from single curve to multicurve are serious improvements to the comfort of a plate, and you'll really feel that difference if you ever actually move around in your armor.

And that's not even accounting for the fact that the 3810 will stop some uncommon threats that the L210 doesn't like 30-06 softpoints or 308 ball.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Will they fill out the pc armor pouches? Obviously there will be some slop/extra fabric but will it be substantial?
View Quote

Crye actually makes a swimmers cut version of the JPC 2.0, which will be a closer fit to the shape of Hesco shooters cut.

(Unfortunately the term "shooters cut" is used by a lot of different companies to mean different things. But in the case of Hesco, their shooters cut is approximately equivalent to the SOCOM-standard swimmers cut size convention.)

Since Crye doesn't describe the plate pocket dimensions on their website and just says the word medium etc, you could email their customer service and ask which size swimmers cut most closely fits Hesco shooters cut 10x12 plates.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:29:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Crye actually makes a swimmers cut version of the JPC 2.0, which will be a closer fit to the shape of Hesco shooters cut.

(Unfortunately the term "shooters cut" is used by a lot of different companies to mean different things. But in the case of Hesco, their shooters cut is approximately equivalent to the SOCOM-standard swimmers cut size convention.)

Since Crye doesn't describe the plate pocket dimensions on their website and just says the word medium etc, you could email their customer service and ask which size swimmers cut most closely fits Hesco shooters cut 10x12 plates.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hesco shooter cut 10x12 fit perfectly in a medium jpc2 swimmer cut. I can’t speak to the thinner 210 plates but 3810 10x12 fit with no slop.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hesco shooter cut 10x12 fit perfectly in a medium jpc2 swimmer cut. I can’t speak to the thinner 210 plates but 3810 10x12 fit with no slop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered a medium JPC 2.0 regular (not swimmer).  Maybe I’ll spring for the more pricey 3800s in Sapi cut to fill out the bags.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a medium 3800's this morning, buy once cry once.

Now Ill have to just settle in for the long wait...
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:44:27 PM EDT
[#11]
3800 or 3810? I’m unfamiliar with the 3800 but if you have the money multicurve is a huge improvement.

Now get some soft armor in your cummerbund.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
3800 or 3810? I’m unfamiliar with the 3800 but if you have the money multicurve is a huge improvement.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:10:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

The 3800 is a pure polyethylene plate. Almost half the weight of a 3810, but it can't stop M855 green tip.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The 3800 is a pure polyethylene plate. Almost half the weight of a 3810, but it can't stop M855 green tip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang didn’t know. Just checkered their chart and confirmed.

Also emailed Saber and paid the difference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top