Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2022 6:47:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer]
Brand new Energizer lithium battery.  Am I missing a switch or setting somewhere?

I bought it from TNVC years ago, used it for a while with no problems.  I store it with the battery removed.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:14:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Cover up the connections where the j-arm meets the monocular with electrical tape or similar.
Or get a j-arm that doesn't have the electrical contacts on it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it doing it only when helmet mounted or is it doing it handheld too?
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 5:57:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Handheld.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 12:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By eracer:
Handheld.
View Quote

I'm thinking that your tube retainer ring might be loose, allowing the tube to slip past the power contact. If it shuts off point the unit objective down and wiggle it and see if it turns back on.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:53:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: eracer] [#5]
@akaf47
@Nobody69s

I played around with it a bit more.

Handheld (but still in the Norotos NVG) it shuts off after a minute.  Pointing the objective towards the ground didn't do anything.

When I affix the mount to the helmet and lower the tube it stays on.

Seems I was not aware that there's a circuit that turns the unit off after a while when it's not mounted.

I didn't test it by swinging the tube up, but I suspect it will shut it off if I do that - which makes sense.

Thanks all for the tips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top