Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/15/2020 4:41:02 PM EDT
Always. I've been trying to get stuff from them for over a year, check all the time. Have email notifications turned on. Follow on Instagram. Never in stock. I have a setup from them and want to get more but looking elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Because Internet celebrities something something.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Two reasons:

1: You're competing against autistics who "collect" this stuff. They have dedicated phones, tied to dedicated emails and FB/IGs for in stock notifications and all their little autistic friends have the same setups. I wish I was kidding but I'm not, they talk about it on one of the FB groups.

2: Small company making some of the best stuff out there. I've met several of them at classes. They're great guys. But there's only so many of them to sit around and sew. I think there's some supply chain problems too with both the popular colors and the rare ones.
View Quote

1) really? They need to get a life. Do they use it or just horde it?
2) ya bought their lv119 and chest rig for work and like it. Now want to get another one in a different camo and sold out
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 6:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:08:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1) really? They need to get a life. Do they use it or just horde it?
2) ya bought their lv119 and chest rig for work and like it. Now want to get another one in a different camo and sold out
View Quote

Have you not heard of GarandThumb?

There's a church dedicated to him. They buy it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I gave up a long time ago trying to snag an M81 or Multicam Tropic plate carrier.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully they expand. I think there would be demand enough. I'm looking at a HRT carrier but not sure if I like the non elastic cumberbunds though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hilarious but sadly true. These are the same people who buy out all the L210's from T-Rex Arms to flip on eBay for $500+ dollars.
View Quote

Sadly this is true. I got the email alert today actually for the L210s.... literally 42 minutes later exactly they were sold out.
And yea, I checked eBay and the average sales price for the L210s on there was about $500-$550 for a set. I was like “who the fuck is spending $550 on a set of L210s? But in the buying craze I realized that yea it’s just people who want plates and have no clue what they cost and they don’t really care they just want them”.

Kind of a bummer but that’s capitalism.
I’m not gonna lie, the thought had crossed my mind to do it like 5-6 times so I could afford a set of Hesco 3810s. Lol
But when push came to shove I wouldn’t have been able to do it. Plus it’s a pain in the butt. :)

As for looking for Spiritus stuff... honestly your best place to go is Reddit.
It’s actually got decent prices (people will get heckled there if they try and mark shit up way above retail) and I’ve seen more than a few spiritus setups on there for sale in various colors and sizes.

I actually just found out about Reddit about a month ago.
What’s crazy is there was actually more options there than on here.
The downside is that good quality stuff went FAST. And I mean like within minutes fast!!! It was really crazy.

I think you can setup alerts on there, but honestly I don’t know it very well and haven’t looked into it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 1:53:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 2:49:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Sign up for their email alerts.  As soon as you get the alert, you buy it.  You can't wait 30 minutes to think about it.  You either buy it or miss out.  It's pretty much the same with all of the gear websites.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sign up for their email alerts.  As soon as you get the alert, you buy it.  You can't wait 30 minutes to think about it.  You either buy it or miss out.  It's pretty much the same with all of the gear websites.
View Quote

Yep! This exactly. That’s what I did about a month ago. Saw the email and immediately went and made the purchase.

I just signed up for the notification again to see how frequently trex gets them in stock and then how long they last before being out of stock again.

Don’t know how many at a time they get, but I can say that both times they were sold out in under an hour.
The in stock frequency seems to be about once a month. Which isn’t too bad.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tons of people were happy that I was taking orders for L210's so they wouldn't have to worry about "drops" or having the ability to buy one plate at a time to budget. It was just getting super old when some individuals would place an L210 order as a placeholder only to get a pair from T-Rex Arms and ask for a cancellation. I could care less about the money but it was more of the fact that it was wasting time. Also some ass did a chargeback when he could've just asked for a cancellation and gotten a complete refund so that really soured me. He couldn't read the numerous times I mentioned plates were made to order or bother to respond to my email, that he has to take money on top of it lol.

Now that I don't sell the L210's in anything other than 6 plates + (w/ 10% discount), it has definitely weeded out the customers who weren't serious about waiting and a given me a lot more time to take care of existing customers or even just answer random armor questions I get from time to time.
View Quote

That would really bug me that someone did a chargeback. Cause that is just a headache from the CC company but get too many of those and it’s not good. Sorry to hear that man.

I agree, most people if they are patient can just go this route and it will work out for the best.
But people get impatient and start panicking.

I’ve waited 10 months for my stamps so a month or two for armor doesn’t feel bad at all. Lol

And to be honest Trex Arms is on the high end of the price scale at $370 for a set. But you know you are buying the availability. If you want the best deal then place an order and wait a little bit for the drop ship.

Glad to hear that the changes have weeded out some of the people who weren’t serious.
And thanks for being a good distributor!!!
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 10:08:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sadly this is true. I got the email alert today actually for the L210s.... literally 42 minutes later exactly they were sold out.
And yea, I checked eBay and the average sales price for the L210s on there was about $500-$550 for a set. I was like "who the fuck is spending $550 on a set of L210s? But in the buying craze I realized that yea it's just people who want plates and have no clue what they cost and they don't really care they just want them".

Kind of a bummer but that's capitalism.
I'm not gonna lie, the thought had crossed my mind to do it like 5-6 times so I could afford a set of Hesco 3810s. Lol
But when push came to shove I wouldn't have been able to do it. Plus it's a pain in the butt. :)

It's actually got decent prices (people will get heckled there if they try and mark shit up way above retail) and I've seen more than a few spiritus setups on there for sale in various colors and sizes.

What's crazy is there was actually more options there than on here.
The downside is that good quality stuff went FAST. And I mean like within minutes fast!!! It was really crazy.

I think you can setup alerts on there, but honestly I don't know it very well and haven't looked into it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hilarious but sadly true. These are the same people who buy out all the L210's from T-Rex Arms to flip on eBay for $500+ dollars.

And yea, I checked eBay and the average sales price for the L210s on there was about $500-$550 for a set. I was like "who the fuck is spending $550 on a set of L210s? But in the buying craze I realized that yea it's just people who want plates and have no clue what they cost and they don't really care they just want them".

Kind of a bummer but that's capitalism.
I'm not gonna lie, the thought had crossed my mind to do it like 5-6 times so I could afford a set of Hesco 3810s. Lol
But when push came to shove I wouldn't have been able to do it. Plus it's a pain in the butt. :)

It's actually got decent prices (people will get heckled there if they try and mark shit up way above retail) and I've seen more than a few spiritus setups on there for sale in various colors and sizes.

What's crazy is there was actually more options there than on here.

I think you can setup alerts on there, but honestly I don't know it very well and haven't looked into it.
I have had alerts for a while. I got the email alert while I was sitting at my desk, added the micro-fight to my cart, went to see if I could add a fat strap, went to check out and it was gone. Less than 5 minutes.

Same thing happened with Ferro Concepts.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought a dispay model before Spiritus became a household name and got a great deal. Now I don't think I would even try to buy their stuff used.
Link Posted: 10/17/2020 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#16]
The biggest issue with getting their stuff is the fact that "scalpers" will buy up most stuff when they do a gear drop and then flip it for stupid prices.  Pretty sure SS said that they are planning on doing something about it. They make good kit though.  One of their guys came out to one of my carbine courses earlier this year and spent some time showing off their product.  Ive been happy with the stuff that I have and have seen in use.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 11:20:11 AM EDT
[#17]
All of the above. I've been in on a few drops where I've caught them before they posted in-stock and as tempting as it was to buy shit just to resale on Ebay, I'm not a douche bag. I've been able to get a full Ranger Green setup minus the Overt rear. Hoping to finish that out this month.

Best advice I have is continue to follow their social media pages for drops.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#18]
You aren't the only one OP.

I've been looking for a pair of their Molle Tubes Cumberbunds in Multicam for months with no luck. Shit is seriously getting old.

I wasn't wanting to buy a different brand and wait months (considering I've already waited months with half of the other gear I've bought this year), but I'm probably going to be forced to do that instead.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have signed up for email alerts on haley site trying to get a chest rig. signed up for 2 different rigs in several colors each. that was 2-3 months ago and I have not received one email.
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
They’re good shit.

The problem is the demand is greater than supply. The same people that camp outside of Academy to buy and flip ammo are doing the same thing for Spiritus and Haley stuff.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 7:36:20 AM EDT
[#21]
I picked up a microfight back in April when things were only slightly crazy and even then stuff was selling out lightning fast.  Then making sure you can get the flaps and inserts.... ugh.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 4:15:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have signed up for email alerts on haley site trying to get a chest rig. signed up for 2 different rigs in several colors each. that was 2-3 months ago and I have not received one email.
View Quote
I lucked out and caught the Arid version in stock in early January before all the craziness started.  People unfortunately are panic buying everything in sight right now.  When ~$200 armor plates sell for $500~$550 on eBay, are we really surprised chest rings are in short supply?

Hoarders and resellers only make the problem worse IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 3:01:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!!  I waited 2 months got an email immediately placed order and within two weeks at the door!  Did not like over my HSP Dc3R Micro so I sold it for what I had in it on the EE.............. Don't be a procrastinator
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 6:02:23 AM EDT
[#24]
I got super lucky and snagged a MC tropic LV119 late last year. It was the covert when I wanted the overt, but I had to stay up til midnight to grab it and throw it in my cart as soon as they hit "in stock". I think they sold out in less than 5 mins. Crazy...
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:53:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Tons of people were happy that I was taking orders for L210's so they wouldn't have to worry about "drops" or having the ability to buy one plate at a time to budget. It was just getting super old when some individuals would place an L210 order as a placeholder only to get a pair from T-Rex Arms and ask for a cancellation. I could care less about the money but it was more of the fact that it was wasting time. Also some ass did a chargeback when he could've just asked for a cancellation and gotten a complete refund so that really soured me. He couldn't read the numerous times I mentioned plates were made to order or bother to respond to my email, that he has to take money on top of it lol.

Now that I don't sell the L210's in anything other than 6 plates + (w/ 10% discount), it has definitely weeded out the customers who weren't serious about waiting and a given me a lot more time to take care of existing customers or even just answer random armor questions I get from time to time.
View Quote

Charge backs are the worst. We rarely get the but every once in a while one comes it. We had so many people ordering then canceling within 48 hours that we had to post a 10% cancelation fee. Most people don't realize the time it takes or the transaction fees that the company eats without a cancelation fee.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:54:48 AM EDT
[#26]
I've been trying to get a chest rig for a month. Can't find a spiritus or a Haley. I'm seriously considering one of the airsoft brands like krydex to fill the roll. Sad state of affairs
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I've been trying to get a chest rig for a month. Can't find a spiritus or a Haley. I'm seriously considering one of the airsoft brands like krydex to fill the roll. Sad state of affairs
View Quote

That’s what I did to use my LV119 at a training course at the beginning of this month. I bought a krydex microfight to use until the real deal is back in stock.

It works fine but the buckles are not true nexus and they didn’t clip into my carrier all the way. 2 minutes with a file and it was gtg.

Worked for the class, Still waiting on the real deal to come back in stock though. The airsoft set let me try out pretty much all the parts without spending $300 on all the spiritus components that are never in stock. Helped me decide what I really want.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:01:15 PM EDT
[#28]
ranger green stuff has been restocked.
Link Posted: 10/24/2020 6:41:39 PM EDT
[#29]
It's always OOS because hypebeasts, not because it's super amazing. Not saying it's at all bad, but it's "trendy" for all of the LARPers who like to flaunt their super awesome kit and the WP DTNVGs that they use once a year and went $10K in debt to get. That's my take on it anyway. There are other quality options for slick carriers, and for overt there are even more and many better options.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
It's always OOS because hypebeasts, not because it's super amazing. Not saying it's at all bad, but it's "trendy" for all of the LARPers who like to flaunt their super awesome kit and the WP DTNVGs that they use once a year and went $10K in debt to get. That's my take on it anyway. There are other quality options for slick carriers, and for overt there are even more and many better options.
View Quote
A bit like trying to find a Crye JPC 2.0.  The hype around them from mommies basement to play video/Instagram games is overwhelming supply and demand.
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been around Spiritus stuff for several years and even before the hype of the IG larpers.

It really is well made stuff and the modularity is amazing.

I jumped on the OD green stuff as it's the color that blends in best where I am.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top