Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2018 11:31:23 AM EDT
I have a Sig MCX Virtus LEO version which doesn't have the SIG Matchlite Duo Trigger. Perhaps the SIG Matchlite Duo Trigger is good but the LEO version definitely isn't. Even at a discounted price the rifle is well over $1,000. Being a topshelf AR why doesn't the MCX at least have a decent trigger? Heck, even a SIG Matchlite Duo Trigger.

I'm looking for a replacement trigger but don't know what to get. I don't think Timney makes one for the MCX but they could have been a more value priced option than the Geissele.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:49:05 AM EDT
[#1]
They saw FN do it with a far more expensive scar rifle and figured what the hell?
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve heard the virtus is pretty good. I really wanted an MCX virtus until I saw the price tag. I’ve bought rifles in that category before but that is ridiculous. The MCX would sell if the prices was 400$ less.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:10:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Virtus should have Sig's updated trigger...do you not?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
He says he has the LEO version, which sounds like it’s different.  Wonder if it’s a specification for many LEOs that they have heavier triggers for liability or other reasons?  The military seems to want to keep the heavy mil-spec trigger in their M4s, even though there are plenty of lighter options out there, so maybe something similar?
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 10:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Most law enforcement agencies don’t authorize 2 stage triggers. I know mine does not.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:52:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He says he has the LEO version, which sounds like it’s different.  Wonder if it’s a specification for many LEOs that they have heavier triggers for liability or other reasons?  The military seems to want to keep the heavy mil-spec trigger in their M4s, even though there are plenty of lighter options out there, so maybe something similar?
View Quote
I believe this is what it is, they have to a specific trigger pull weight. But it doesn’t have to be gritty and crappy like the Virtus’s is.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:19:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok yup. If it is LE...it will have the heavier trigger
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok yup. If it is LE...it will have the heavier trigger
View Quote
Heavy is fine but it’s gritty as hell too.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not a bad trigger,  unless you're spoiled for great triggers.

You can order the Duo trigger from Sig. part number is KIT-TRIGGER-AR-DUO.  A lot more reasonable ($110 or so) than the Geissele Super MCX SSA.  Having tried all three, the SSA trigger is what I run in my MCX.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 5:25:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is exactly the reasoning.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They saw FN do it with a far more expensive scar rifle and figured what the hell?
View Quote
lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top