Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2021 10:42:51 PM EDT
Why is there a pin right behind the takedown pin on the stock photo on FN's website (and every other SCAR17, seemingly) but not on mine?!?  I bought it brand new today, and the fact that there's a different lower on this gun seems odd. I'm worried that since it's a one-off camo factory thing that it's somehow not a standard 17s.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks the exact same to me
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks the exact same to me
View Quote

Look directly above my index finger, where the front takedown pin would be on an AR15.   There's 2 pins on the stock photo, and 1 pin on mine.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
That's the pin which initially limits the rifle to single-stack mags, when it's imported from Belgium. They mill it out internally once in the US, and prepare it for sale.
Yours was manufactured in the US, so it never needed a pin to render it importable.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's the pin which initially limits the rifle to single-stack mags, when it's imported from Belgium. They mill it out internally once in the US, and prepare it for sale.
Yours was manufactured in the US, so it never needed a pin to render it importable.
View Quote

Perfect! Reassures me that all is well, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 12:59:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Or, that’s where you put the pin to limit the rifle to 10 round mags when the next assault weapons ban hits!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top