BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 8/23/2019 9:52:26 PM EDT
See title.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 11:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
examples?

Not that you're wrong, I see IWB and pocket kydex holsters for .380's in Amazon for 19.99 and up. A kydex for a Swamp Rat cost me double ten years ago.

I had to ship the knife for them to make it - more $$ - they had no form, it was custom one at a time work. And there is the rub, you can buy plastic guns for forming kydex, but not knives. So a kydex maker can make ten, twenty, a hundred and it will all be good work if that's his standard.

Make sure the mag catch is fully extended . . .

But a knife, no. It's still custom, as there are hundreds of new knife designs being done every year. Guns, not so much. Resin knife forms don't suffer a lot of hot kydex forming, either. Too flexible.

So, with knives, you shop and buy a kydex sheath with it as that is the one mass produced sheath available at a cheaper price. That is one of those hard to justify things for some knifemakers, too. No sheath at all is their preference. Hence one of the attractions with ESEE, you get a sheath with it and they are well made.
Link Posted: 8/23/2019 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Volume
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top