Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 7:35:17 AM EDT
I mean some seem to get them in 80 days then others 180.

All form 1s

Is it new people, depends on agent doing check, o what?

And ya i know, efile is like 10 days.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know why but I've had 3 earlier this year that only took a little over 3 months from check being cashed and now I've been waiting on one for over 4 months. I called and was told it was pending...go figure.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a lot of variables at play: individual examiners and their workload, whether everything goes smoothly (no corrections, nothing gets lost, misplaced or accidently shuffled to the bottom of the pile etc.) and so on. One thing that can make a big difference is whether you get an instant approval on the NICS check or not. Getting a delay can quickly tack on 4-6 months or more (as many of us have discovered). It's not like with a Title I NICS delay where you're looking at 3 days... with a Title II NICS delay, the timeline is more "whenever we decide to get around to it." Getting stuck in the "background check blackhole" can, in and of itself, almost be like restarting the wait from the beginning - just as you're approaching the end of the "normal wait."
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Last call that I put in to check on some 7+ month submissions for customers, the ATF agent/examiner that answered the phone said simply "Once we send it off for the background check, it's on the FBI." Probably just scapegoating it but with Form 1 E-submissions taking 2-3 weeks, who knows....
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#4]
E file is not taking 10 days currently. Waits are getting longer and longer. I am at 33 days right now.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/1/2018 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
E file is not taking 10 days currently. Waits are getting longer and longer. I am at 33 days right now.
View Quote
I just submitted two and got them both back within 14 days. Both were during holidays too.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 11:03:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just submitted two and got them both back within 14 days. Both were during holidays too.
View Quote
Did you submit as an individual because I’m wanting to submit for my first sbr
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 1:25:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Then you have a different issue. Something along the lines of the background check hell mentioned in another thread. The EForms are still consistently coming back in ~15 days.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then you have a different issue. Something along the lines of the background check hell mentioned in another thread. The EForms are still consistently coming back in ~15 days.
Yep, something else is going on.  I've got an e-file Form 1 at 32 days today.  I've been seeing people who filed 2 weeks after me getting approved.  Corresponded with Heather Huff this morning and was told "waiting on FBI background check".

No idea why I'd get flagged/delayed as I was always instant on NICS checks for purchases.  Haven't done one in years since I have an LTC.  I've passed two other FBI checks for other stuff so I'm at a loss as to why my check is in limbo.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Did you submit as an individual because I’m wanting to submit for my first sbr
View Quote
Individual.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yep, something else is going on.  I've got an e-file Form 1 at 32 days today.  I've been seeing people who filed 2 weeks after me getting approved.  Corresponded with Heather Huff this morning and was told "waiting on FBI background check".

No idea why I'd get flagged/delayed as I was always instant on NICS checks for purchases.  Haven't done one in years since I have an LTC.  I've passed two other FBI checks for other stuff so I'm at a loss as to why my check is in limbo.
View Quote
These numbers are completely made up, but this is the gist of it: 10 forms are submitted, and the ATF requests 10 BG checks from the FBI. 9 of those BG requests the FBI runs through through an automated system. 1 of those 10 is pulled aside and goes into a pile to processed hands on by the FBI examiners for audit and tracking purposes.

It has nothing do do with you or anything you've done. You're simply a winner of the shit lottery that gets to be processed by a meat brain instead of a computer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 12:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

These numbers are completely made up, but this is the gist of it: 10 forms are submitted, and the ATF requests 10 BG checks from the FBI. 9 of those BG requests the FBI runs through through an automated system. 1 of those 10 is pulled aside and goes into a pile to processed hands on by the FBI examiners for audit and tracking purposes.

It has nothing do do with you or anything you've done. You're simply a winner of the shit lottery that gets to be processed by a meat brain instead of a computer.
View Quote
I Guess I'm an unlucky person, my last paper form 1 and 4 got stuck, now I have an efile stuck.

have 2 form 4s I haven't checked on and efiled another 3 days ago.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 3:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I Guess I'm an unlucky person, my last paper form 1 and 4 got stuck, now I have an efile stuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, I think it’s more to it than just random checking. I have 3 efile form 1s that were submitted different days and fingerprint arrived different days. I’m over 30 days on all 3. I also have several Form 4s that have taken well over 8 months. But, nobody will tell me anything other than the FBI is doing the background check....
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

All form 1s

View Quote
They hate us

Link Posted: 12/12/2018 9:48:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

All form 1s

View Quote
Is this a serious question?   Your dealing with the government.  They can’t manage to purchase a toilet seat without over paying.  There has never been and there never will be any government agency that can ever do anything efficiently.  They have the opposite of the Midas touch.  Anything they touch turns to shit and they don’t care.  Besides if they did get their crap together and automate the system correctly I.e. instant NICS check on a NFA item they would loose their jobs and they don’t want that to happen.

But to answer your question the only thing I can think of is that they don’t really seem to have a formal way on how they process anything.  Also you need to remember that part of the wait is the ATF waiting on another government agency (FBI) to complete background checks.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got my stamp yesterday.  Took almost exactly 5 months.  Individual, paper filing.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just got my stamp yesterday.  Took almost exactly 5 months.  Individual, paper filing.
View Quote
Far cry from "weeks" many have seen.  Ugh
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Efile is amazing these days.  Took 5 days from time they got my prints delivered (post office took 5 days on a 2 day priority package).  10 days total.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:53:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Efile is amazing these days.  Took 5 days from time they got my prints delivered (post office took 5 days on a 2 day priority package).  10 days total.
View Quote
Pardon the ignorance. Is efile the same as the site reference online for the atf?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 4:09:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Pardon the ignorance. Is efile the same as the site reference online for the atf?
View Quote
Efile is here: eforms.atf.gov
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I have bookmarked, thanks.  And to tie it all together for my dense brain, efile is still taking a matter of weeks, "sporadic" is for a mail in(?), and Silencer Shop is trying to catch up and also currently taking longer than efile
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There are also people that filed their own EForms that are 6+ weeks into it. Apparently the BGC issue may extend to EForms for some people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I have bookmarked, thanks.  And to tie it all together for my dense brain, efile is still taking a matter of weeks, "sporadic" is for a mail in(?), and Silencer Shop is trying to catch up and also currently taking longer than efile
There are also people that filed their own EForms that are 6+ weeks into it. Apparently the BGC issue may extend to EForms for some people.
Appears to be the case for me... I'm 20 days in and still no stamp. Guess the BGC nonsense followed me over from paper forms, heh.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 4:54:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
I filed some Form 1s through them middle to end of November.  I've heard people talking about it on here, but they're still all screwed up.   No direct word from them.    So much for the idea of doing it the quick/easy way.  It wasn't quick, and it sure as hell hasn't been easy w/ the way it blew up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:41:24 PM EDT
[#24]
I got a paper Form 1 I filed in August back in 90 days.  Went ahead and did an efile Form 1.  Over two weeks on that one now and still waiting..
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Yea I called and both of my efiles are "waiting on the fbi bgc"

11/01/18
12/06/18
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 6:17:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Stamp finally came. Almost exactly 4 months.

Does having a carry permit shorten the time at all?
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:41:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Far cry from "weeks" many have seen.  Ugh
View Quote
I filed an individual paper form 1 back in June and am still waiting.  Is there a number to call to ask about the status and what information do you need to provide them?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yea I called and both of my efiles are "waiting on the fbi bgc"

11/01/18
12/06/18
View Quote
Well this government shutdown isn't gonna make anything move anywhere thats non essential
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

NFA Division
304-616-4500

You’ll need the registrants (you or the entity you filed as) name and the serial number.
View Quote
Appreciate it.... still waiting on FBI approval.  The person who answered the phone sounded super happy to be there (*sarcasm*) haha
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 2:52:28 PM EDT
[#32]
My first stamp form 1 took 11 months , the second form 1 took 3 months,  and my third  form 1 took 6 months.

All of my form 1's where done thru the Silencer Shop.

My where all over the place time wise.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:36:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Do we know if approvals are still happening during the whole gov shutdown thing??
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:11:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Hey guys, hoping could help me with this. First time doing a from 1.

I send in a trust based eform 1 on November 1st. I saw that when I logged on November 15th on the website under “my form” is says APPROVED with my form 1 listed below.  So now what? Am I supposed to get a stamp and paperwork in the mail, do I need to print something or still waiting on more fbi approval?

Not sure what to do.  Thanks for the help.

J
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 11:19:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Hey guys, hoping could help me with this. First time doing a from 1.

I send in a trust based eform 1 on November 1st. I saw that when I logged on November 15th on the website under “my form” is says APPROVED with my form 1 listed below.  So now what? Am I supposed to get a stamp and paperwork in the mail, do I need to print something or still waiting on more fbi approval?

Not sure what to do.  Thanks for the help.

J
View Quote
Negative J, that's all you will receive.

You are good to go.

Save a .pdf copy (print one out yourself of course).
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yes, we do. And no, they’re not.

F2s and F3s are, but F1s and F4s are not.
View Quote
I'm guessing that means .20s for traveling aren't either?
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#40]
The government shut down sucks...I got 3 individual paper form 1"s back this year in 3 months and 1 in 4. Filed through the Silencer shop. Still waiting on a form 4.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Been waiting 64 days and counting for my efile form 1.  Hope my next suppressor purchases go smoother than this.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 11:55:15 AM EDT
[#42]
We'll be waiting longer now. The nfa stamp approval department has been hit by the shutdown.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 12:19:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The government shut down sucks...I got 3 individual paper form 1"s back this year in 3 months and 1 in 4. Filed through the Silencer shop. Still waiting on a form 4.
View Quote
I'm at just over 7 months right now on an individual paper form 1.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top