Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2018 9:09:58 AM EDT
Im about to start gearing up for another MP5 build.

I had my 53 engraved locally at a jewelry store. They got the sides swapped up, but I guess it looks okay. They charged me a whopping $120 however

I just figure if Im going to be in it that much then Id like to find a guy in the industry that specializes in this sort of thing, and especially a HK guy if I can find one.

What say you guys?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
TSC is the best HK engraver IMO, but he doesnt do non HK stuff. Maybe call him and ask if he'll do a flat
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:41:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I am not sure if Mike does this kind of engraving or not but, it is worth asking. He did my SBR engraving and it came out great.

TSC Machine
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TSC is the best HK engraver IMO, but he doesnt do non HK stuff. Maybe call him and ask if he'll do a flat
View Quote
He did my SBR engraving on a HK clone. I believe he does not do gunsmithing on non HK's. Mike and I spoke while his assistant was setting up the engraver. He was telling me that working on clones is a can of worms and he does not want to deal with. He was looking over my clone after the engraving was done and he mentioned to me it has the "wrong" paddle mag release and to fix that he might find other things along the way that work but, are "not right". My paddle release apparently is for one of the other HK guns and not the MP5. It works fine so I have not messed it with. Based on what he found with my gun and our conversation, i don't blame him for sticking to HK guns for smithing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Emails sent to TSC
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:38:07 AM EDT
[#5]
TSC stated he only works on HK stuff and to shop around
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:30:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Laser engraving: Molonlabe.com

Doug does excellent work with quick turn times.  I don't know if laser will work for your application, but this guy knows how to use a laser.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:34:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Laser engraving: Molonlabe.com

Doug does excellent work with quick turn times.  I don't know if laser will work for your application, but this guy knows how to use a laser.
View Quote
Laser is fine

I was just hoping to find a guy specializing in HK roller guns for the correct look

But I mean its not that huge of a deal honestly
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Ident does the engraving for TPM.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like I'll be giving them a holler then

Appreciate it
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 11:34:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Sounds like I'll be giving them a holler then

Appreciate it
View Quote
They are cool guys. They engraved my mp5k flat and made sure it looked authentic. Even convinced me to add the “warning” label on the mag well because it’s more authentic.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ident did some engraving for me on an AR magwell. We went back and forth on the mockup until I was happy with it and the turn around was fast. I would not hesitate to use them again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 8:31:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Talk to Jeff forbush AR 4bush weapon refinishing systems. 4bush

I sent him some pics of various HKs and told him where to put the engravings. His laser guy did a mock up and he emailed it to me to make sure it was g2g. Here's my MP5 flat. Think it was around $130~ less than 2 week turnaround.  More than deep enough so cerakote wouldn't fill it in.

Here's a couple pics of a Cetme LC flat he lasered for me. Just sent him pics of what I wanted.

Link Posted: 10/22/2018 8:16:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Very cool! Where did you get your flats?
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:51:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Very cool! Where did you get your flats?
View Quote
MP5 flat is a LSC flat from RTG and the Cetme LC flat is from HMG.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:50:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Ident never responded
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 6:50:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Talk to Jeff forbush AR 4bush weapon refinishing systems. 4bush

I sent him some pics of various HKs and told him where to put the engravings. His laser guy did a mock up and he emailed it to me to make sure it was g2g. Here's my MP5 flat. Think it was around $130~ less than 2 week turnaround.  More than deep enough so cerakote wouldn't fill it in.

http://i.imgur.com/BVPezUm.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PCKaox8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sIPG58O.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/YGj2aX3.jpg

Here's a couple pics of a Cetme LC flat he lasered for me. Just sent him pics of what I wanted.

http://i.imgur.com/dA8q9fC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QLgQGqg.jpg
View Quote
Damn those look fantastic

I have now messaged this guy
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Ident never responded
View Quote
They usually take a few days to respond, or give them a call.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They usually take a few days to respond, or give them a call.
View Quote
I emailed whenever I made this thread

The other guy responded though, the one listed above

Hes getting my business since he responded promptly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top