Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2017 8:14:38 PM EDT
Surprised no one has posted this yet....probably b/c all you deplorables are on the FB group when it was shown...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/4/2017 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It hasn't been shown here because this forum is not friendly to the small businesses like Nexus Tactical.

Looks real good though. I'm not particularly interested in changing my pistol grip, so it's not worth it to me. Now if they get versions of it for other calibers, such as 7.62x39, like they're planning, I would be interested.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested, have they posted a price yet?
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#3]
No on price and yes on x39, that would sweet.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 9:08:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It hasn't been shown here because this forum is not friendly to the small businesses like Nexus Tactical.

Looks real good though. I'm not particularly interested in changing my pistol grip, so it's not worth it to me. Now if they get versions of it for other calibers, such as 7.62x39, like they're planning, I would be interested.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was referring to the forum not liking the small guys having accounts on here. There have been instances in the past of the large companies who sponsor the forum getting them to not allow the little guys to post and advertise their products. I don't think the forum allows companies to post here if they're not sponsors.
Link Posted: 11/6/2017 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks awesome! Loving the ACR growth lately. This could/should be the AR replacement.
Link Posted: 11/7/2017 5:05:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Depending on price, I would definitely get one for a x39 build.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I'd love to see a breakdown of features on this thing.

My interest is piqued... but other than the ability to use other AR grips (which is a GOOD feature)... why should I replace my original lower?

(Not trying to come across as a dick... I am legitimately interested).
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#9]
The major upgrade on it is that it will be lighter than the factory lower and use an ar pistol grip.  It does have a flared magwell as well.  Thats most of what I know on it.  Hell I don’t even know the estimated price on it yet.

There will be other variations and calibers as well.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The major upgrade on it is that it will be lighter than the factory lower and use an ar pistol grip.  It does have a flared magwell as well.  Thats most of what I know on it.  Hell I don’t even know the estimated price on it yet.

There will be other variations and calibers as well.
View Quote
Any plans for coyote or just black?  I'd settle for an urban gray.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any plans for coyote or just black?  I'd settle for an urban gray.  
View Quote
I'm sure they will; all of Nexus' carbon fiber products are offered in coyote brown.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Considering their hand guards are $450+.  I would assume their lowers are twice that price.  Most of us are not going to spend $1000 for a lower. There are a couple guys close to making CNC lowers for the ACR.  Ive read the CNC lowers will be around $500 from what I’ve read on other forums.
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]
woops, replied in the wrong tab. ignore.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:37:33 AM EDT
[#14]
its up for purchase now, 600 bucks.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ouch.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Okay, interest piqued. How much would it be to get an upper and build a complete
rifle ? Or is this a replacement lower ?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#17]
replacement lower. The upper is the gun.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 12:02:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ouch...does it at least come with the fire control group?  So a complete lower?
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Website says it's sold as a stripped lower and can use an ACR parts kit to complete....

LINK

So to make the rifle as pictured here, will probaly be $2-3K. Handguard alone is $450-$557.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Website says it's sold as a stripped lower and can use an ACR parts kit to complete....

LINK

So to make the rifle as pictured here, will probaly be $2-3K
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/f0ac5e_efc7fa530f4143bf989daeb4a974802e.jpg/v1/fill/w_405,h_296,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/f0ac5e_efc7fa530f4143bf989daeb4a974802e.webp
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LINK

So to make the rifle as pictured here, will probaly be $2-3K
https://static.wixstatic.com/media/f0ac5e_efc7fa530f4143bf989daeb4a974802e.jpg/v1/fill/w_405,h_296,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/f0ac5e_efc7fa530f4143bf989daeb4a974802e.webp
Double ouch
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Double ouch
View Quote
Yep I feel the same way, if it came outfitted with all the upgraded doo dads, and all I had to do was drop in my trigger pack, it might be worth it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm interested in anything that takes an AR grip and has a magwell - until I heard the price.  For $600, I can almost build 2 ARs - oh, wait, I am building 2 for that price.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Meanwhile the handl defense replacement lower for the scar is 200 bucks less. Hard to justify Nexus.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah... hopefully that price will smooth out a little...

I'd order one for $400 right now...
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Well cheaper then I thought, but still a crazy price for a stripped lower.

Their hand guards have stayed right around asking price since they came out so I doubt their lower will come down in price. They make beautiful stuff, but I just can't justify the cost.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Meanwhile the handl defense replacement lower for the scar is 200 bucks less. Hard to justify Nexus.
View Quote
No, it's not hard to justify. The Handl lower isn't carbon fiber; the Nexus is. Yes it's pricey, but we're not talking about an entry level product. Nexus is top of the line. The real value in this lower receiver comes in the fact that this is just the first lower they are releasing; this is to be the gateway for other lowers like a 7.62x39 or 5.45x.39 lower that takes AK magazines.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 9:12:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, it's not hard to justify. The Handl lower isn't carbon fiber; the Nexus is. Yes it's pricey, but we're not talking about an entry level product. Nexus is top of the line. The real value in this lower receiver comes in the fact that this is just the first lower they are releasing; this is to be the gateway for other lowers like a 7.62x39 or 5.45x.39 lower that takes AK magazines.
View Quote
Most of the polymer lowers on the market are carbon fiber reinforced and are in the ballpark of 50$ This is nothing special in that regard and way overpriced like their handguards.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Most of the polymer lowers on the market are carbon fiber reinforced and are in the ballpark of 50$ This is nothing special in that regard and way overpriced like their handguards.
View Quote
This. CF-reinforced polymer has been around for decades.  It's cheap, easily injection-molded, and is a good gain in strength/weight ratio.  No new magic here.
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#29]
I'd like to see the price drop but unfortunately I know the real numbers now and unless Tom's manufacturer would drop their prices, it's not gonna move.  The issue is that it's not injection molded, it's printed.  The price on a mold alone isn't worth producing a lower unless it's full production.  I was quoted 20+k for a mold on the Acr lower and Magpul themselves said the molds were ridiculously expensive and most likely not worth it.  With a limited market it makes it hard to justify doing a molded lower for the rifle, especially when you have to sell over 100-200 lowers before you see the first dollar of profit.  

As far as machining a lower, you will most likely end up with high manufacturing costs and a heavier lower as well.   You could cast a lower, but then you would need to have a mold made up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 6:56:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd like to see the price drop but unfortunately I know the real numbers now and unless Tom's manufacturer would drop their prices, it's not gonna move.  The issue is that it's not injection molded, it's printed.  The price on a mold alone isn't worth producing a lower unless it's full production.  I was quoted 20+k for a mold on the Acr lower and Magpul themselves said the molds were ridiculously expensive and most likely not worth it.  With a limited market it makes it hard to justify doing a molded lower for the rifle, especially when you have to sell over 100-200 lowers before you see the first dollar of profit.  

As far as machining a lower, you will most likely end up with high manufacturing costs and a heavier lower as well.   You could cast a lower, but then you would need to have a mold made up.
View Quote
Thank you for the explanation Dana!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Looks like they are doing a sale on these right now for Thanksgiving!
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 6:15:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Looks like they are doing a sale on these right now for Thanksgiving!
View Quote
Yep $150 off guys.  Now would be the time to get one, I'm debating.  Honestly my factory lower works just fine.  If it was an AK lower, I would be $450 lighter in the wallet...
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 8:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
+1....,....
Link Posted: 11/26/2017 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Everyone wants a lighter ACR but these prices are stupid. I'm not paying even $450, let alone $600, to shave a few ounces. At $600 I can build an entire lightweight AR that'll still be 2lb lighter than my ACR.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Everyone wants a lighter ACR but these prices are stupid. I'm not paying even $450, let alone $600, to shave a few ounces. At $600 I can build an entire lightweight AR that'll still be 2lb lighter than my ACR.
View Quote
What he Said ^ , Dude at Nexus Is off his rocker with the  prices. The Handguards prices are straight stupid too!
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 12:31:14 AM EDT
[#36]
To be fair, the material it’s printed from isn’t cheap to print in small volumes, so when you look at the prices, the margin isn’t crazy high. On top of that, I’m sure there is a large amount of finishing work after it comes out of the printer. 450 was probably close to cost with man hours. Then to compound it even more, the acr is still on the small side of the market, the more of anything that is produced will reduce the price. Its one of the best rifles out there at the price point now that they sorted out that barrel profile tomfoolery..

For car lovers out there.. the acr isn’t a mustang or camaro with a half dozen model levels with tons of aftermarket parts ranging from eBay Chinese garbage exhaust systems to hand made titanium akrapovic harmonic magic. The ACR only has the hand made high end stuff available from limited manufacturers, and the prices reflect that.

That being said; I’m really excited for my lower, mostly because it’s the closest thing to a Remington ACR Lower readily available... and not 2000+ dollars..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top