Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » M-16
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2021 9:28:21 AM EDT
I know if I can get a Colt or FN or similar that’s the way to go. All I’ve seen available second hand are $300-$400 used and worn. The Double Star M16 LPK has a bad reputation it seems (and is sold under a bunch of brands).

What’s a good ~100 aftermarket LPK with that in mind?
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 9:35:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Personally I use Colt M16 parts.

You can get them brand new from Ken Elmore at Specialized Armament Warehouse for reasonable pricing.

The complete Colt Full Auto lower parts kit isn't on his website anymore, but you can still buy them you just need to email him and ask.

I just bought a complete Colt M16 LPK a month or so ago, $250 plus $15 in shipping.

They are a bit behind the times in terms of their website, how you order, as well as it takes a couple weeks to ship.

However, if you want genuine, brand new, Colt full auto parts Ken is the way to go.

https://www.specializedarmament.com/

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Double Star M16 LPK has a bad reputation it seems
View Quote

What's wrong with Double Star?  Serious question.  I'm using one in my transferable A1, and I've had no issues.  It's also the LPK used in Battlefield Vegas M16s.  Exceptional value in salad days for ~$70.

FWIW, before I shot my "new" M16 the first time, I removed *every* piece of the LPK and put in the Double Star LPK.  No issues, looks and runs great.  I did swap DS's A2 grip for an early fat Colt A2, and I'm really happy with that change.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Define “best”? I get mine from M16 FCG and have been happy. I don’t need a “nice” M16 trigger. I just need them to work in the rental guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GTO Guns here in Florida - their M16 parts are mfg by Schmid Tool and Engineering.
View Quote

FYI. Their two shipping options are

1) Pickup in store
2) UPS NEXT DAY AIR

LOL GLWS
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:46:32 PM EDT
[#6]
For the price of the "premium" options I'd rather go to a Geissele SSF, and a good AR-15 parts kit.  You can get a USGI autosear and selector to round it out.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:00:51 AM EDT
[#7]
A used LPK is $400? Wow. Never seen that before.

Personally I would go with Geissele SSF. Super clean trigger.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:18:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I did too, and they're great.
(2-stage in SA and single-stage in FA)

USSOCOM buys them as well (instead of the older KAC 2-stage they used to get).
They're about $350.

I was looking hard at JP's adjustable single stage prior to that, and an experienced shooter here (@MGtoney) recommended them. They're about $100 but it's just a trigger and disconnector (+ lighter springs). They need the set screws adjusted properly and need to have LocTite (or similar) to secure them, which is generally fine, but I wanted FCGs for service weapons and preferred no adjustable parts. (I also generally prefer 2-stage triggers.)

Here's an explanation of the JP in this old thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Which_full_auto_trigger_/23-439835/?page=1#i4254974

They will either sell them with their (specially fitted?) M16 disconnector if you call and ask, or you can substitute your own M16 disconnector. They work with a standard (M16) hammer which is not included.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 4:57:45 AM EDT
[#9]
No idea how good the JP one would be. I just know the Geissele and the original trigger and it has a crisp break like all their other triggers.
I would not want to do adjustments to a FA trigger.. unless I really have to. If they tell you you have to modify it.. I think I wouldn't want to mess with that.

There might be another one to look into, but I haven't done much research into it but heard about it.
Hiperfire makes a auto trigger. I believe it is in one unit piece so you don't have to deal with putting the trigger and hammer in separately.
https://www.hiperfire.com/product/hipertouch-auto/
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:19:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Schmid/Colt as above and I highly recommend KAC Select Fire Trigger
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I have used Bushmaster, DPMS, Colt and a few who knows with no issues. It is an FCG, dont overthink it. If you want better than GI, get a Geissele.
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 6:00:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A used LPK is $400? Wow. Never seen that before.

View Quote

Bingo, I've got tens of thousands of rounds thru SSFs triggers.

CD
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Can someone verify Rock River made these?
I have 8 of these lower parts kit in a box. No receipt.

These were made by Rock River. That much I could figure out.

Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:33:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Colt from sawsales Ken Elmore.I would never put a gizzle trigger near my Colt M-16.
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 8:58:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a SSF in a RR and a Hiperfire trigger in another lower (semi auto trigger).  

Both triggers are fantastic in their own function.  

I’ve always wanted to try this Hiperfire.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Page Armory » M-16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top