Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2018 5:21:28 PM EDT
I am picking up an MKE clone with 16" barrel and need to have the barrel replaced with a 3-lug or threaded to take a can. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 5:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#2]
No experience, but since it's an MKE maybe The Zenith Custom Shop could help since they import MKE guns? Barrel replacement is listed as an available service.

HKPro's Clone Section is pretty active and should also have some answers for you.

Teufelshund Tactical's is owned by well known HK Armorer and Zenith's COO James Williamson. He's active on facespace and as Zenith's COO and as an experience HK Armoer he may be able to answer your question if not service your weapon yourself.

Teufelshund Tactical website

My own question: Does your gun barrel end with bare muzzle without threads like the original HK94? The 16" guns on Zenith's page all seem to indicate they have threading/3-lug.

Do you plan on chopping to an SBR or keeping it 16"?
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:02:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I want to SBR it. The barrel looks unthreaded.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 10:54:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to SBR it. The barrel looks unthreaded.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/357261/IMG_0884_jpg-717376.JPG
View Quote
Low cost solution is to thread it and put 3 lug on it rather than replace it.

I would go to any of the usual recommended threaders
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 6:51:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if he does this type of work or not but he is a HK guy so he might be worth contacting - Phil Flack at PF Customs in Asheville NC.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Might take a look Class 3 Machine.  There’s a very long thread in the EE with all the different barrels he’s done.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys. Very excited for my first mp5*

*clone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top