Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2018 12:08:26 PM EDT
I emailed tnvc about getting some gen 3 tubes put into a mod 3 housing or another unit thats similar and will accept them but havent gotten a response. Any othe reputable company recomendations. I will need optics as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Robert at HEAT Inc does great work and is a great guy as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Yeah, Ryan Hoover, of Nightlong Industries, is solid as well.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:47:29 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to tack on to this.  I just got a set of MX10160 tubes from the EE, and I'm looking for the best place to build them into a MOD3 for me.  I was hoping to get nightlong to do it for me, but haven't been able to get in touch with him.  Any suggestions would be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd like to tack on to this.  I just got a set of MX10160 tubes from the EE, and I'm looking for the best place to build them into a MOD3 for me.  I was hoping to get nightlong to do it for me, but haven't been able to get in touch with him.  Any suggestions would be awesome.
View Quote
Robert's number is 9182100651
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Ed Wilcox is solid.
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:08:55 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 for HEAT
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:28:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Glynn at https://www.nvincorporated.com/
Link Posted: 6/8/2018 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I would just like to confirm that TNVC is in fact pretty damn good about returning emails. They've never missed one of mine. And I'm an idiot.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got an email back from tnvc and they said they dont offer that service (as in installing your tubes into a housing), i thought a lot of guys have done that
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The build team is pretty heavily engaged right now.

We do not and have not ever advertised the service, however, depending on the build team's work load, they are sometimes able to take on "conversion" or "upgrade" work for individual customers. This is why we usually ask that you contact us direct, never hurts to ask, right?

The biggest caveats are that there is some work that is logistically impractical for us to take on, such as trying to convert MX-11769s to MX-10160-format tubes, unknown/unknown source/potentially damaged or abused tubes that may become our problem in terms of warranty and product support if we build them into a housing, etc., and finally, it any upgrade or conversion work cannot be allowed to interfere with getting new units out the door and/or repair/warranty work.

Again, if you're looking for this type of service, it's best to contact us directly via e-mail, as it's often a case-by-case basis thing, but while we've done it occasionally in the past, there's a reason it's not a service that we advertise or do business on. It is what it is--but you probably wouldn't call up KAC or another manufacturer and say "hey, I've got a used BCG and barrel that I picked up, can you build it into a complete factory rifle for me with your parts?" Difference is, sometimes we can and will. But again, it's best to contact us direct by e-mail for that to make sure the inquiry goes direct to the build team. As has already been pointed out, there are some good builders/repairers out there that can do this kind of work as well if we're unable to take on the work at the time moment.

~Augee
View Quote
Oh I totally understand and im not upset or anything like that, I was just under the impression thats what most guys did. I sent an email over to glenn and i think im going to have im do it. Now im debating whether or not to do mod 3s or the rnvg. If i do the rnvg though id like to run a remote battery pack as a counterweight, any idea if this will be an upgrade you can buy?
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m doing RNVG build myself once my guy gets them in. I say mod 3 if you ever want to split them and or RNVG if you think you’ll never split them. The weight savings is worth it to not split plus I have a 14 already.

From what I hear it will be an option on the RNVG for battery pack but it’s more of a when than if I think.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Augee you can convert those tubes easily.

Step one:

Remove pigtail

Step two:

Determine which form factor it is. If it's nanoplugs, pour superglue inside the nanoplug holes and set it on fire. Replace tube tube with a potato.

Step three:

Profit
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#16]
As an update, I sent my tubes off to Ed Wilcox to be installed in a MOD3 housing.  I just got it back today and I'm over the moon excited.  I know everyone here loves Ed, and I'm really glad that I took everyone's advice and had him do the work for me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 9:21:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 4:08:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What FOM are you getting on your potatoes? You using Russet or Yukon Gold?

I never said they couldn't convert tubes, I said we didn't, hahaha.

~Augee
View Quote
Cant talk about it. Sent the potato nod to ATN who made sweet promotional material from it with the instagram potato filter and they are now calling it gen 5.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Cant talk about it. Sent the potato nod to ATN who made sweet promotional material from it with the instagram potato filter and they are now calling it gen 5.
View Quote
Expect six new threads on ARFCOM about Yukon Gold vs Russet phosphors and how Russet gives less eye strain and better contrast.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top