Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/9/2020 2:27:24 PM EDT
Im curious what kind of reputation they have.

Ive heard of places listing stuff as being in stock when it isn't because they expect it to be, which results in super delayed shipping because the company didn't get the inventory in when they expected... does OpticsPlanet do that kind of bullshit?  

Because Im starting to think I ordered something from them that they dont actually have in their inventory.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:30:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Lord we do this every day here
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
You're not the only one that thinks that. My experience is they said it was in stock, and 6 weeks later I waited for it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#3]
They mostly drop ship. Don't buy anything unless its in stock. Even then, it could be backordered. Most people on here avoid them entirely
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought an aimpoint T2 from them about a month ago. It arrived in a week. While I was waiting I read reviews stating long wait times, no responses, and no way to cancel order, but that was not my experience. I think I also bought an ariaska in line scout mount from them with no issue.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Roll of the dice.

The consensus in GD is to look elsewhere before you place the order button.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Buying from OpticsPlanet is like getting an NFA item. You pay for it, forget about it, and then you get a surprise Christmas present 18 months later.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:04:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I always had a good experience with Optics Planet.  Their phone customer service was always great and I received my items quick (not sure why I was the lucky one apparently)  It changed when they went to their email only customer service.  It sucks and sucks bad!  I have been buying other places I have not used in years because of the email CS.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Am I an anomaly? I've used them 3 times in the last 12 months and all three things arrived within 7 days. Most recent was I bought a set of binos on 11/1 and they were at the door on 11/5.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Guess I've been lucky so far, 3 orders from them over several years and no issues with any of them. Everything I ordered showed as in-stock at the time.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Last 5 orders in the last 16 months have been perfect and in before muh discount code...
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Iver order from them a half dozen times. I've never had an issue or long wait time. I guess I'm an odd ball.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I've ordered several items over the years with no problems.

This seems to be occurring more often.

I ordered a couple items from GG&G late October that stated "In Stock". Called a couple days ago and one the items won't be to their place until December  

Truth has become an endangered species  
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#13]
For the most part, they aren't too bad outside of misrepresenting items as in stock when they really aren't.  If you order and you do find out they are out of stock after the fact, it may be months before you get your order.  When contacting them they will tell you repeatedly "oh, it's right around the corner" with possible ship dates to keep you on the hook.  No issues about cancelling if you wish to though..
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Over the last few years I probably have about 20 orders from them.  Mixed bag.  Some things arrive very quickly, some "in stock" items took 4-6 weeks.  If it doesn't say in stock with a quick ship date, avoid it all together.  If it does say in stock, its about 80% change you are G2G, 20% you better not be in a hurry.  Pricing is all over the place as well - some things like a V7 upper reciever I picked up, was like $40 cheaper than any place else.  Some things are just way over what they should be.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I just looked up what I have spent with them so after $4000 worth I think I do lol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#16]
I dont have a ton of experience with them.  Over the last 4-5 years Ive ordered something like 5 items from them.  I don't remember ever being all that impressed by their shipping speed but I never had to wait a really long time for anything, just longer than other places.  

I was keeping an eye on some of my go-to places to get the scope in stock but they never did.  I got it from OpticsPlanet because they said it was in stock and even had an inventory count.  I also thought they were more trustworthy.  At the time it said there were like 14-15 left and they ship in 1-5 days.  A week later I was checking the order and the shipping estimate lowered to 1-4 days so I emailed them asking what was up with my order.  I got an auto-response talking about how they expanded their operations to address delays, so now in stock stuff usually ships in 1-3 days.  

Their actual response was the usual canned apology and excuses telling me that they've gotten a lot of orders recently so they're behind in fulfillment, even though they just told me they expanded their operations to address the delays.

Ive been ordering stuff on a consistent basis since the beginning of the pandemic/political panics from several places ranging from 1 man operations to the biggest operations and NONE of them have taken weeks to send me anything Ive ordered.  At most stuff was delayed a few days more than usual when things were at their worst and places had to go through an adjustment period.

From what Im hearing this isnt all that unusual.  So lesson learned.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I have bought a handful of things from them over the years and have had good luck.

Customer service was good the one time I needed it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I buy from a lot of different on-line firearms and outdoor companies, including Optics Planet.  

I buy from them only a few times a year, but find their delivery times about the same as everyone else, no worse, no better.

Things they said were in stock were in stock.  Popular items with good prices sell out quickly, though.  Their coupon additional discounts are good.

One time, several years ago, they advertised a particular duty grade red dot sight as including the mount.  I ordered.  It arrived promptly but without the mount.  They made it good.

No complaints.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I will only buy from them if I absolutely can't find it anywhere else.  Last resort and even then, if I don't really need it, I'll wait until it comes in elsewhere.  I can't stand Optics Planet.  They always say in stock and it rarely ever is.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#20]
i go in expecting things to take a while to ship, but they also offer the "optics bucks" on items and there are always 10% off coupons available online.  if im not in a rush for the item i can generally put an order in and get a solid deal.    if i find it in stock elsewhere theyre good on order cancellation.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 7:55:19 PM EDT
[#21]
their prices are good so is their selection... never had a problem.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I bought a FAB defense pistol grip from them and it took about a week and a half to ship. It could have been worse.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#23]
I was looking through my order history and realized that out of the few things I bought from them, everything shipped within a fairly normal time frame with the exception of the one other time I bought a scope from them... which took about a month and a half.

The one thing Id think they'd specialize in selling and shipping is the one thing I would never want to order from them again lol.
Link Posted: 11/9/2020 8:31:58 PM EDT
[#24]
You have to exercise a great deal of patience with their shipping times, but I’ve always received what I’ve ordered.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 4:50:42 AM EDT
[#25]
I've used them at least 15 to 20 times and never had a problem.  I've always had fast shipping.  My sister has used them at least as many times as me, also with no issues.  These were all during normal times (aka no shortages) so maybe that had something to do with it.  All I can say is I've never had problems with them and have no reason to disparage them.
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Every single time I've ordered with them they showed an item "in stock" & it turned into a 6+ weeks wait. Fuck them & fuck their system.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:20:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a little different experience than some. I ordered an Aimpoint from Optics Planet it was out of stock when I placed the order and I received it some time later. They had the best price on this optic and I was not in a hurry. If you are patient and *IF* they have the best price I would do it again. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:41:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I placed an order August 30th and everything was 'in stock' on the website.  I am still waiting for it to arrive.  I would not recommend them to anyone.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:56:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
their prices are good so is their selection... never had a problem.
View Quote

Same here. I have an OP order inbound right now. GTG.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:33:22 AM EDT
[#30]
In stock waited for 3 months.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 1:48:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I have made about a half dozen purchases, always items that were listed as being in stock. No trouble whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#32]
How is this a thread in 2020?
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#33]
What annoyed me about Optics Planet is that they removed items that the manufacturer included from the package they sent me.  Those items, which were necessary, were listed elsewhere on their site for $$

That was my one experience with them.

ONCE.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:07:10 AM EDT
[#34]
optics planet sells off amazon. you can buy there and then have amazon step in if you have issues.

They are consumed with fees and charging tax -
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#35]
I order from them every now and then.  Yes, sometimes it's slow but I get the stuff.  They e-mail me to let me know when they expect to ship it and then e-mail me again to let me know it has been shipped.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:38:10 PM EDT
[#36]
They have good deals but their inventory and shipping system is horrendous. Expect to wait weeks or even months for an order to clear. One time they shipped me the wrong order after I waited over a month and it took a couple more weeks to make it right. Huge PITA all around. I wouldn't use them unless you find an insane deal, like when they were blowing out Blackhawk holsters for under $5. In any case, expect to wait if you order from them.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#37]
I’ll never order from them again after two bad experiences with crap that was supposed to be in stock but wasn’t.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:51:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Saw my 9mm ammo pre-order fulfillment date go from November to January 27, 2021
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I've purchased a ton from them.  Always gotten what I ordered in a reasonable time frame and it's usually cheaper than anywhere else.

I did backorder a bunch of 9mm in Sept and the arrival date keeps getting pushed back, but I didn't expect to get that fast or possibly ever.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:49:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Saw my 9mm ammo pre-order fulfillment date go from November to January 27, 2021
View Quote
Same, except mine went from Nov, to Dec to Jan to March.

But I don't put that on OpticsPlanet.  Anyone pre-ordering 9mm ammo right now needs to be realistic.  You are likely not getting it, it's just covering your bases.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#41]
I buy from their competitor euro optic. I bought a $6,700 rifle that shipped next day. After I placed the order they even called my cell phone to say hi and give me the shipping date and confirm I typed in my shipping info correctly.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:36:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Infinitely better than Botach but also not my go-to.  Have bought a dozen things from them and only one issue of delays.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I placed an order 12/9 for 2000 bullets.  We'll see how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:18:57 PM EDT
[#44]
O goodie another one of these threads

I have had no issues ordering from them numerous times as I’ve said before. Just made another order with them and I had my Christmas gifts within a week... I’ll go shrug my shoulders in the corner.
Link Posted: 12/14/2020 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I placed an order 12/9 for 2000 bullets.  We'll see how it goes.
View Quote

My order shipped today.

Great deal too in the current market.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Over the last few years I probably have about 20 orders from them.  Mixed bag.  Some things arrive very quickly, some "in stock" items took 4-6 weeks.  If it doesn't say in stock with a quick ship date, avoid it all together.  If it does say in stock, its about 80% change you are G2G, 20% you better not be in a hurry.  Pricing is all over the place as well - some things like a V7 upper reciever I picked up, was like $40 cheaper than any place else.  Some things are just way over what they should be.
View Quote

This I just got noticed after 6 weeks that an item was not in stock....
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Just placed an order with them last Thursday. I got the shipping notification this morning

So far I've had good results in the 5 or so orders I placed with them. I had an order get split into 2 shipments a couple months back, one arriving in 2 days and the other in about 2 weeks but that's the worst I've had it with them
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 12:06:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Friend of mine ordered an optic from OP. It arrived he did not like the reticle and returned it. Never mounted and new in the box. OP refused his return and claimed it was mounted. He sold it here in the EE.
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You're not the only one that thinks that. My experience is they said it was in stock, and 6 weeks later I waited for it.
View Quote

Yup, there's "in stock", and then there's Optics Planet's "not really in stock, but we might get it sometime, in stock".
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just placed an order with them last Thursday. I got the shipping notification this morning

So far I've had good results in the 5 or so orders I placed with them. I had an order get split into 2 shipments a couple months back, one arriving in 2 days and the other in about 2 weeks but that's the worst I've had it with them
View Quote

Same.  I just got a factory Steyr optic for my AUG and it shipped within two days of ordering.  I've only ordered a couple things from them but each time I've gotten it pretty quickly.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top