Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 9:05:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got my Alpine green TP9 before the Flugaloo kicked off. Been thinking of setting it up a few different ways. Super excited I finally picked one up.
View Quote

Congrats. Now Form 1 and buy the suppressor. It’s the only real way to enjoy the TP9
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 7:02:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah that's up next gotta pick up another surefire can first. Going to shoot it for the first time today. Probably gonna be a little lame with no brace but that's okay.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I got mine in yesterday, shot it today. Ran perfect ??. Fit and finish are very good. If you have a TP9 brass catcher make sure you mention that when you order it, the first one I got wasn't compatible with the brass catcher, he redesigned the right side pic rail and sent me the new one and it now works fine. Not sure if all the ones he is sending out now are the redesigned one or not, but thought I'd mention it.
View Quote

Less gas to the face with this design?
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:33:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Are there still issues with the mag feedlips cracking or was that just a bad batch/ rare occurrence? I'm thinking a TP9 will by my next purchase once things get back to normal around here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
What’s a good price to look for when purchasing a TP9 these days? Was about to pull the trigger on the APC 300 but I’ve been strangely drawn to theTP9.

I’m seeing roughly 2k at most stores.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#6]
There have been a couple of TP9Ns on Gunborker going unsold at $1700 opening bids.
Link Posted: 4/11/2020 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Are there still issues with the mag feedlips cracking or was that just a bad batch/ rare occurrence? I'm thinking a TP9 will by my next purchase once things get back to normal around here.
View Quote

They are still breaking.

Link Posted: 4/12/2020 12:24:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They are still breaking.

View Quote

Are they breaking when used specifically with the TP9?  There was some speculation that the mag cracking issue was related to reusing these mags in other B&T platforms.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 6:41:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Are they breaking when used specifically with the TP9?  There was some speculation that the mag cracking issue was related to reusing these mags in other B&T platforms.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are still breaking.

Yes.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why hasn’t B&t put some kind of reinforcement on the lips of their newer mags? i.e. Glock mag. Seems like a no brainer with all the feedback out there these days.

I really want to buy a tp9 but there’s a few things I’m questioning, one being the magazine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 8:45:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why hasn’t B&t put some kind of reinforcement on the lips of their newer mags? i.e. Glock mag. Seems like a no brainer with all the feedback out there these days.

I really want to buy a tp9 but there’s a few things I’m questioning, one being the magazine.
View Quote

No justification for the cost. There are not many guns that take the mag in the wild and not many people willing to pay the price to stack $45+ mags deep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No justification for the cost. There are not many guns that take the mag in the wild and not many people willing to pay the price to stack $45+ mags deep.
View Quote

These are the same mags used in the APC9K.  That’s the gun that won the Army contract after extensive testing.  I wonder why non of this showed up during that?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

These are the same mags used in the APC9K.  That’s the gun that won the Army contract after extensive testing.  I wonder why non of this showed up during that?
View Quote

I'm curious how much of the testing was with the factory mags.  One of the key selling features was compatibility with Glock and 320 magazines.  I know Miami Beach just picked up the APC9 to use with 320 magazines.
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 12:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm curious how much of the testing was with the factory mags.  One of the key selling features was compatibility with Glock and 320 magazines.  I know Miami Beach just picked up the APC9 to use with 320 magazines.
View Quote

Possibly.  But it’s not like B&T hasn’t sold a lot of product in Europe.  If there was a terrible problem you  would think they would have fixed the issue.  They have several firearms that use that mag.
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 6:43:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I picked up a lightly used TP9 with 6 mags, B&T telescoping brace, tailhook mod 1, custom Smith afg, and custom smith charging handle.  It will be here this weekend.

I need to get this suppressor wait started.  Bad.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow it's all coming together.  Just got notification from Tarheel State Firearms.  They have the suppressors coming next week and you can order on the website.

I ordered one.  Done buying stuff for a while now
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#17]
G&R Tactical has the TP9 suppressor in stock at the moment.  If anyone is still looking?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#18]
What red dot is everyone running?
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 8:26:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By big_aug:
What red dot is everyone running?
View Quote

I started with an MRO, switched to an SRO, now a holosun 507c, it’s the most compact option and the reticle choices are nice. Put the circle over something and fire.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By M0244:

I started with an MRO, switched to an SRO, now a holosun 507c, it’s the most compact option and the reticle choices are nice. Put the circle over something and fire.
View Quote

I might get something cheap just to test at first like a Sig Romeo.  The B&T brace doesn't let me get my head too far down.  I just got my TP9 and put about 150 RDS through it.  The irons are WAY too low for me.  I definitely need something sitting higher and it'll be freaking awesome.  I like the look of of the tubular red dots on the TP9.  The MRO looks nice on there.

A year wait for the suppressor now sucks
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#21]
I had a red dot on mine. I thought it was the perfect height with the lower 1/3 mount.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 4:42:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Rothperson87:
I had a red dot on mine. I thought it was the perfect height with the lower 1/3 mount. 
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462226/AC34F103-9B04-48E5-87FB-5D3D01EBAF92_jpe-1397588.JPG
View Quote

That looks perfect.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Has anyone seen damaged TP9 frames for sale?
I saw a smith who was repairing stripped/broken stock blocks.
I really want to build this .22 TP9
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:34:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
Has anyone seen damaged TP9 frames for sale?
I saw a smith who was repairing stripped/broken stock blocks. 
I really want to build this .22 TP9
View Quote

Airsoft host maybe?  What are you going to use for guts?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:59:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By rsolomon:

Airsoft host maybe?  What are you going to use for guts?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By rsolomon:
Originally Posted By FADALdude:
Has anyone seen damaged TP9 frames for sale?
I saw a smith who was repairing stripped/broken stock blocks. 
I really want to build this .22 TP9

Airsoft host maybe?  What are you going to use for guts?

I have everything but the FCG and lower receiver for a regular TP9.
I had two upper receiver groups but sold the threaded one. I was thinking about the Keltec CP33 but the mags aren’t going to work
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 6:23:00 AM EDT
[#26]
TP9 Suppressor appears to be in stock here

https://www.bauer-precision.com/b-t-tp9-qd-suppressor/
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 3:35:26 PM EDT
[#27]
The wait officially begins.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By big_aug:
The wait officially begins.

https://i.ibb.co/r4RHqcc/20200510-153322.jpg
View Quote

What a nice setup!
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 2:12:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bruecken:
Are there still issues with the mag feedlips cracking or was that just a bad batch/ rare occurrence? I'm thinking a TP9 will by my next purchase once things get back to normal around here.
View Quote

I just bought my TP9 in march this year, late 2019 manufacture alpine green and it broke the feed lips on the mag it came with.

The mags I ordered from brownells appear to be different. Slightly darker, don't have a cut in the rear rib, and have numbers on the magazine that appear to be stamped rather than etched. I don't know if these are older or newer, but I've got about 500 rounds through each of the Brownells ordered mags and about 600 through the factory shipped mag. Brownell's mags also seem to feed better with 150gr flatnose. The one that shipped with the gun hated the stuff.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:06:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Has anyone done business with Black Ops Defense?

They offer a “stock hinge relief service” and stock block repair on broken TP9s. Link to their TP9 gunsmithing services

From their site:

“We also relieve some of the tightness and tension from the factory that causes the over exertion and eventually braking, of the factory TP9/MP9 hinge. When completed and refinished the work looks almost factory.”

I didn’t know there was a stock issue. Their plastic welding looks clean.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#31]
I just picked up a new (black) TP9-N with the HK style safety and the VFG hole. Would anyone be interested in swapping TP9s? I am interested in the older style with the push pin safety and the picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position. Please email me if so.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I just picked up a new (black) TP9-N with the AR style safety and the VFG hole. Would anyone be interested in swapping lowers? I am interested in the older style with the push pin safety and the picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position. Please email me if so.
View Quote

If you're really after the lower rail, take a look at the CustomSmith offering:
https://customsmithmfg.com/shop/ols/products/custom-smith-tp9-n-picatinny-rail

I'd be a little surprised if you found someone willing to split their gun given the upper has parts serialized to the lower, so you're probably best posting a WTT ad and trying to swap your whole TP9N for an old TP9...
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'd be a little surprised if you found someone willing to split their gun given the upper has parts serialized to the lower, so you're probably best posting a WTT ad and trying to swap your whole TP9N for an old TP9...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just picked up a new (black) TP9-N with the AR style safety and the VFG hole. Would anyone be interested in swapping lowers? I am interested in the older style with the push pin safety and the picatinny rail at the 12 o’clock position. Please email me if so.

Not really a fan of the way CSM’s pic rails look with the holes. I enjoy the aesthetic of the older gen TP9. Perhaps you’re correct that I should try to trade the entire firearm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Not really a fan of the way CSM’s pic rails look with the holes. I enjoy the aesthetic of the older gen TP9. Perhaps you’re correct that I should try to trade the entire firearm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be able to make more parting it out.
Let me know if you sell the lower. I’ve got everything but a lower.
Link Posted: 8/4/2020 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#35]
30 Rounders with bumper for $45.50.

Best deal out there right now.

Anybody else pick up a CP33 as an understudy?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
30 Rounders with bumper for $45.50.

Best deal out there right now.

Anybody else pick up a CP33 as an understudy?
View Quote

Thank you this is very helpful!
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm looking to buy my third gun, I have a Glock 19 and a Daniel Defense AR-15 and now really want something a little more unusual and fun.  I think the TP9 is perfect for that.

There is one on the marketplace for what seems like a fair price: https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/BandT-TP9-N-Black/88-2032760/

Is this a fair price?  Is there anything I should look for?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Looking for the correct information to form 1 a new TP9.  

Model: TP9-N

Length of barrel: 5.1

Overall length: 20.6

Manufacturer: B&T USA LLC, United States.

Is all that correct?  Is the model TP9-N, or just TP9?
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Model: TP9-N Does it say N on your gun?  If not, and you don't plan to remark that's not correct.

Length of barrel: 5.1 Correct

Overall length: 20.6 Correct for the standard stock

Manufacturer: B&T USA LLC, United States. No that's the importer, the Manufacturer is: B&T AG, Switzerland.  Might still get approved but it's not technically correct.

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Model: TP9-N Does it say N on your gun?  If not, and you don't plan to remark that's not correct.

Yes, I found this out the hard way - ATF doesn't care what model the gun is, they care what passes for a model name MARKING that's actually on the gun.  I suppose you could try to tell them you're going to mark it that way yourself, but in my (very limited) experience, they MAY ask you to correct the application (luckily my case) or they may outright reject it.  (It turns out PTR doesn't mark model names on their guns and ATF wants "N/A" or something similar there.) I've also seen plenty of approvals for the "wrong" model name (some examiners accept "MPX" while others insist on "SIG MPX") so YMMV but I would go with freeride1's advice and match what's actually marked on YOUR gun.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Length of barrel: 5.1 Correct

Overall length: 20.6 Correct for the standard stock

Manufacturer: B&T USA LLC, United States. No that's the importer, the Manufacturer is: B&T AG, Switzerland.  Might still get approved but it's not technically correct.

It actually says TP9-US.  I thought I read someplace that using TP9-US caused a form 1 to be denied?  I can't seem to find that post.  I guess the form 1 says manufacturer or importer so either would work?  Thanks for the help!

Link Posted: 8/18/2020 1:01:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm looking to buy my third gun, I have a Glock 19 and a Daniel Defense AR-15 and now really want something a little more unusual and fun.  I think the TP9 is perfect for that.

There is one on the marketplace for what seems like a fair price: https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/BandT-TP9-N-Black/88-2032760/

Is this a fair price?  Is there anything I should look for?
View Quote

That’s fair in today’s climate.
I would ask why it was being sold and to see how much carbon on the ID of the guide.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yes, I found this out the hard way - ATF doesn't care what model the gun is, they care what passes for a model name MARKING that's actually on the gun.  I suppose you could try to tell them you're going to mark it that way yourself, but in my (very limited) experience, they MAY ask you to correct the application (luckily my case) or they may outright reject it.  (It turns out PTR doesn't mark model names on their guns and ATF wants "N/A" or something similar there.) I've also seen plenty of approvals for the "wrong" model name (some examiners accept "MPX" while others insist on "SIG MPX") so YMMV but I would go with freeride1's advice and match what's actually marked on YOUR gun.
View Quote
I have even had the ATF ask to see a picture of the model name marking.  Happened on an HK94 I was form 1'ing into a MP5-N this year.  Had to call my smith and have him remark the gun fast so I could send a picture.

FWIW, a lot of this depends on the examiner.  I've had form 1's kicked back for things like saying 5.45x39 instead of just 5.45, but then I've also got an approved form 1 that says 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It actually says TP9-US.  I thought I read someplace that using TP9-US caused a form 1 to be denied?  I can't seem to find that post.  I guess the form 1 says manufacturer or importer so either would work?  Thanks for the help!

View Quote

I took a look at my approved form and the model is listed as TP9-US.
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 12:52:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I took a look at my approved form and the model is listed as TP9-US.
View Quote

That is so weird.  I went through all 28 pages.  On page 19 of this thread it says that TP9-US was denied.  They had to use TP9.  I guess it's the luck of the draw?
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That is so weird.  I went through all 28 pages.  On page 19 of this thread it says that TP9-US was denied.  They had to use TP9.  I guess it's the luck of the draw?
View Quote

You can include photographs with the filing, perhaps head off problems and do that...
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#47]
BTW;
Armorer's manual:
https://testhostingbucket987654.s3.amazonaws.com/Armorer's+Manual+(1)+(3).pdf
Some other documentation.
https://testhostingbucket987654.s3.amazonaws.com/SARDec07-82to86+(1)+(2).pdf
I'm not sure how much B+T would like me sharing these links so I can remove if need be.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:19:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
BTW;
Armorer's manual:
I'm not sure how much B+T would like me sharing these links so I can remove if need be.
View Quote

Thats awesome, thank you. Has anyone every seen the Suppressor Manual mentioned? manufacturer’s manual TM-95127
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 4:21:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Thats awesome, thank you. Has any one every seen the Suppressor Manual mentioned? manufacturer’s manual TM-95127
View Quote

Nah I haven't seen anything with suppressors.
I was actually sent these links by someone in this thread a few years back. Apparently he lost them so I was the last keeper of the links, lol.
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
BTW;
Armorer's manual:
View Quote

Thanks for posting those. I lost my copy of both when a hard drive crashed.

I had pulled both off the MP9 promotional website (long since gone) so Karl can’t get too mad!
Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top