Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 33
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet setup! I love the compactness of the TP9. I have a TP9 suppressor and Octane 9 on the way from Scott right now. As soon as the GHM9 Compact hits, I'm all in. There's no such thing as too many PCC's. IMO an over abundance of PCC's is a good problem to have.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 7:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well the SBR tax stamp finally came back for my B&T TP9-N. I put on the factory vertical grip and swapped out the B&T folding stock with tail hook for a B&T sliding stock with tail hook. The tax stamp for the TP9 suppressor ought to be coming in any day now so I am pretty excited that my wait is almost over. I really like the TP9 sliding stock... I know my opinion is not shared by some the postings above but I think most of the negative comments are a little off base. I purchased everything including the sliding stock from Scott at THSF... as far as I am concerned he is the best in the business and I invite everyone to give him a try... you won't regret it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_TP9-N_sliding_stock_Tail_Hook-608877.jpg
View Quote
Good looking setup. I like the brace a lot better than the folder as well. While it does add extra length, it's still the same length as an MP5K with a folder.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Good looking setup. I like the brace a lot better than the folder as well. While it does add extra length, it's still the same length as an MP5K with a folder.
View Quote
Yea... IDK. You sure about that?

Link Posted: 7/16/2018 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe, Top_Secret is referring to the overall length of TP9 collapsible brace in the collapsed position compared to the MP5K folding stock in the folded position.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe, Top_Secret is referring to the overall length of TP9 collapsible brace in the collapsed position compared to the MP5K folding stock in the folded position.
View Quote
Ah, words matter. "With a folder" doesn't mean the same thing as "when folded".
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My bad, yes that's what I meant. Posts made before 9am subject to me not being fully awake.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well the SBR tax stamp finally came back for my B&T TP9-N. I put on the factory vertical grip and swapped out the B&T folding stock with tail hook for a B&T sliding stock with tail hook. The tax stamp for the TP9 suppressor ought to be coming in any day now so I am pretty excited that my wait is almost over. I really like the TP9 sliding stock... I know my opinion is not shared by some the postings above but I think most of the negative comments are a little off base. I purchased everything including the sliding stock from Scott at THSF... as far as I am concerned he is the best in the business and I invite everyone to give him a try... you won't regret it.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/B_T_TP9-N_sliding_stock_Tail_Hook-608877.jpg
View Quote
Is THSF an abbreviation for Tar Heel State Firearms? Also, that is a fantastic looking gun. I have always wanted one but was always put off that you couldnt get the original style grip. Now that is solved i may one day pick one up.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Is THSF an abbreviation for Tar Heel State Firearms? Also, that is a fantastic looking gun. I have always wanted one but was always put off that you couldnt get the original style grip. Now that is solved i may one day pick one up.
View Quote
Yes... that is Tar Heel State Firearms.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:39:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Cell phone double tap.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#11]
TP9 silencer finally cleared.  Can’t wait.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
TP9 silencer finally cleared.  Can’t wait.
View Quote
Congrats.

What was your rough date it went to ATF? Still waiting on mine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Late December I believe. Still too long.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:41:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Late December I believe. Still too long.
View Quote
You you still have your meter? Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test it against your APC9 or MP5 at muzzle and ear? Using the same ammo preferably.

There are ZERO numbers on the TP9 silencer anywhere. You'd be doing the internet a great service.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#15]
My dealer just got my TP9 suppressor, haven't even sent the Form 4 in yet It's going  to to be a long year.
Link Posted: 7/19/2018 4:57:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You you still have your meter? Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test it against your APC9 or MP5 at muzzle and ear? Using the same ammo preferably.

There are ZERO numbers on the TP9 silencer anywhere. You'd be doing the internet a great service.
View Quote
Yup. First thing I do when I get home.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:23:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Could someone with a TP9 please take some measurments of the stock attachment area?  I think that rear end mounting system would be great on other platforms, now that there's TP9 brace adapters afoot.  It also looks pretty simple to replicate.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Could someone with a TP9 please take some measurments of the stock attachment area?  I think that rear end mounting system would be great on other platforms, now that there's TP9 brace adapters afoot.  It also looks pretty simple to replicate.
View Quote
The actual attachment platform shelf is identical on the TP9, KH9, GHM9, GHM9 Compact, and P26. The receiver bodies vary of course, obviously with the TP9 and P26 but the attachment shelf dimensions are the same on all the above mentioned platforms
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 3:20:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The actual attachment platform shelf is identical on the TP9, KH9, GHM9, GHM9 Compact, and P26. The receiver bodies vary of course, obviously with the TP9 and P26 but the attachment shelf dimensions are the same on all the above mentioned platforms
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Alas I have none of those, merely a Steyr SPP which is naked (but may one day not be)

If they're all the same, all the more reason to get those specs drawn up & made public.  More demand for B&T stuff can only be a good thing (so maybe someone will make B&T pattern SMG mags for less than 40$)
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:31:39 PM EDT
[#20]
TP9 Silencer on both the TP9-N and APC9. You guys are getting the first data.

147gr  Ranger JHP

82 78% Humidity

B&T TP9 N

MILSTD Muzzle

130+

130+
127.5 bolt hold open

Rt Ear

130+

Lt Ear

APC9

MILSTD Muzzle

130+
130+

Rt Ear

130+

Lt Ear

Link Posted: 7/25/2018 7:53:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My dealer just got my TP9 suppressor, haven't even sent the Form 4 in yet It's going  to to be a long year.
View Quote
Well you might have it by Christmas according to current numbers.

Thanks goloud for getting decibel numbers! Looking forward to the full post this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 11:36:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Thanks goloud for getting decibel numbers! Looking forward to the full post this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be an awesome Christmas gift. I can't make sense of the Form 4 turnaround times right now. Form 1s seem to be trending down, a lot of 120 day range times. I sent a Hk53 Form 4 in early March and would be ecstatic if I had it in September.
Thanks for the data goloud,
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That would be an awesome Christmas gift. I can't make sense of the Form 4 turnaround times right now. Form 1s seem to be trending down, a lot of 120 day range times. I sent a Hk53 Form 4 in early March and would be ecstatic if I had it in September.
Thanks for the data goloud,
View Quote
My HK53 was sent on Feb 2... I hope it will come back any day now...

Link Posted: 7/26/2018 8:51:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I really dig the collapsible brace with tail hook. The tail hook is in a much better location and actually works well one handed in the collapsed position.   The side folder forced the muzzle to point up when I used it as it was designed.

The collapsible brace also fits better in my case better than the side folder brace. It has a bit slimmer width than the side folder in it's folded configuration.
View Quote
I do as well................I put one on my GHM9 and like it alot
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 2:44:40 AM EDT
[#27]
How's the blowback on the suppressor?  Any discernible gas in the face?

I've seen a ton of people say the TP9 suppresses poorly and blasts gas back at you - but I'm guessing that's because they don't use the dedicated TP9 can?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:26:54 AM EDT
[#28]
wouldn't a micro uzi be smaller?
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup. The Uzi Pro isn't nearly as refined.

I'm biased and need a reason not to buy the Pro. But, YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 6:19:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here’s something to mess up your day - I have a bunch of 9mm sub guns, most are SBRs: 2x TP9s, Scorpion, APC9, GHM9 compact, KH9, P26, Uzi Model A, Mp5k, MPA930DG, 2x MPXs, and 4 AR-9 variants. I also own two Uzi Pros - one is a pistol with a folding Tailhook brace and one is an SBR.

The truth is it’s “lunchbox” small, suppresses nicely and is build like a tank - you can hammer nails with it. It is heavy and has a stapler-like trigger, but the Pros are my typical backpack gun. They have integrated rails, cheap and sturdy mags and a completely reliable (my pistol has over 3000 rounds of trash ammo through it and to never failed or been cleaned). My only complaint is that I had to get the barrels threaded to suppress them. If you can get one with the factory folder, the Tailhook fits right on - looks factory slick and is rock solid.

ETA: if it’s not clear, I have a particular fondness for the Uzi. It’s heavy, but it is surdier than basically any sub-gun I own. As much as I love my TP9s (I’ve owned them since the DSA import days), the Uzi is simply a tougher weapon and one I am am unconcerned about when lugging it around in a backpack or even a briefcase. The TP9, which is unusually complex, is still composed of more fragile parts and prone to breakage (I’ve had to replace rear sights and one charging handle). The Uzi would probably survive being run over or dropped off the roof of a house into pavement.
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Here’s something to mess up your day - I have a bunch of 9mm sub guns, most are SBRs: 2x TP9s, Scorpion, APC9, GHM9 compact, KH9, P26, Uzi Model A, Mp5k, MPA930DG, 2x MPXs, and 4 AR-9 variants. I also own two Uzi Pros - one is a pistol with a folding Tailhook brace and one is an SBR.

The truth is it’s “lunchbox” small, suppresses nicely and is build like a tank - you can hammer nails with it. It is heavy and has a stapler-like trigger, but the Pros are my typical backpack gun. They have integrated rails, cheap and sturdy mags and a completely reliable (my pistol has over 3000 rounds of trash ammo through it and to never failed or been cleaned). My only complaint is that I had to get the barrels threaded to suppress them. If you can get one with the factory folder, the Tailhook fits right on - looks factory slick and is rock solid.

ETA: if it’s not clear, I have a particular fondness for the Uzi. It’s heavy, but it is surdier than basically any sub-gun I own. As much as I love my TP9s (I’ve owned them since the DSA import days), the Uzi is simply a tougher weapon and one I am am unconcerned about when lugging it around in a backpack or even a briefcase. The TP9, which is unusually complex, is still composed of more fragile parts and prone to breakage (I’ve had to replace rear sights and one charging handle). The Uzi would probably survive being run over or dropped off the roof of a house into pavement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You did mess up my day.  To the tune of a little over $1000.00.  I was going to get a P26 locally and now a Pro is on its way.  I'm going to have to get a lunchbox to put it in.

I agree that the Uzi is more robust.  The stock and charging handle on the MP9/TP9 is ridiculously weak.  If you haven't, the second gen handle is a nice replacement.  
I have a complete top end for my TP9 and all the consumables that the armorers manual recommends for the 5000 round service interval, twice over.  I was a bit panicked when DS Arms ceased importation.  Worth the peace of mind IMHO.

It is interesting how the MP9 and Uzi Pro fill the same niche and size envelope in very different ways......
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You did mess up my day.  To the tune of a little over $1000.00.  I was going to get a P26 locally and now a Pro is on its way.  I'm going to have to get a lunchbox to put it in.

I agree that the Uzi is more robust.  The stock and charging handle on the MP9/TP9 is ridiculously weak.  If you haven't, the second gen handle is a nice replacement.  
I have a complete top end for my TP9 and all the consumables that the armorers manual recommends for the 5000 round service interval, twice over.  I was a bit panicked when DS Arms ceased importation.  Worth the peace of mind IMHO.

It is interesting how the MP9 and Uzi Pro fill the same niche and size envelope in very different ways......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Congrats on the purchase - do some wrist curls! You went down the same route I did with my TP9s. I ordered all consumables from Wolverine Supply in Canada - they were the only ones that had parts kits at the time. Also replaced my SBR upper with an Mp9 marked upper and rail. I have a second gen charging handle on the way and have added the awesome Techsmith foregrip to the SBR. The TP9s are still favorites of mine, but I just love the rough perfection of the Uzi. Congrats again!
Link Posted: 8/3/2018 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Congrats on the purchase - do some wrist curls! You went down the same route I did with my TP9s. I ordered all consumables from Wolverine Supply in Canada - they were the only ones that had parts kits at the time. Also replaced my SBR upper with an Mp9 marked upper and rail. I have a second gen charging handle on the way and have added the awesome Techsmith foregrip to the SBR. The TP9s are still favorites of mine, but I just love the rough perfection of the Uzi. Congrats again!
View Quote
I cheaped out and got parts instead of the proper MP9 upper they offered during the DSA days. Now they are all TP9 labeled
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 12:49:22 PM EDT
[#34]
Any word on when the sliding stocks are coming?
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:10:06 PM EDT
[#35]

I think I finally have it the way I like it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 4:20:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Very nice setup!
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:12:46 PM EDT
[#37]
I feel like my Form 1 is taking forever...
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:19:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I feel like my Form 1 is taking forever...
View Quote
They’re getting many down to the 100 day range which is a vast improvement, but I feel your pain, I’m waiting on few as well.
Form 4s are another story, there’s an obvious bottle neck in the Form 4 system, though it’s amazing how lightening fast they cash the $200 checks, no bottle neck in that department.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 6:38:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

They’re getting many down to the 100 day range which is a vast improvement, but I feel your pain, I’m waiting on few as well.
Form 4s are another story, there’s an obvious bottle neck in the Form 4 system, though it’s amazing how lightening fast they cash the $200 checks, no bottle neck in that department.
View Quote
I just got a form 1 back that was submitted a month before the B&T...

Same here on the Form 4s. I have two from January outstanding.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:09:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/p45fQWa.jpg

I think I finally have it the way I like it.
View Quote
That looks fantastic. A very nice CA compliant blaster.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

That looks fantastic. A very nice CA compliant blaster.
View Quote
Yes sir. No lugs for me!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got my form 1 in the mail for my TP9-N. Check was cashed on April 15th, approved August 10th, recieved in mail August 22nd. It was an individual not a trust. Hope this helps with timelines.
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 7:49:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just got my form 1 in the mail for my TP9-N. Check was cashed on April 15th, approved August 10th, recieved in mail August 22nd. It was an individual not a trust. Hope this helps with timelines.
View Quote
Still makes me a bit sad I don't have my can yet, but congrats!
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 8:56:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im still waiting on my TP9 can, check was cashed for that on February 18th and as of yesterday was still pending.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve been periodically watching for these to be in stock. I noticed THSF had them listed today and just ordered one. Wondering if anyone has one of these and what they think about it? The gun with suppressor can apparently be mounted inside and fired from inside the bag and/or “quickly deployed from the bag.”
Kind of a novelty I know, but appeals to a B&T geek like me. Always wanted an MP5 briefcase.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:30:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I’ve been periodically watching for these to be in stock. I noticed THSF had them listed today and just ordered one. Wondering if anyone has one of these and what they think about it? The gun with suppressor can apparently be mounted inside and fired from inside the bag and/or “quickly deployed from the bag.”
Kind of a novelty I know, but appeals to a B&T geek like me. Always wanted an MP5 briefcase.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/D86903AF-B5A7-410A-B2CB-E7902D35B015-649896.JPG
View Quote
That is super tempting.  I have absolutely no need for it.  I really don't have much of a need for a TP9 either....

There was a good video on YouYube from Mixflip that briefly showed the bag, but it looks like he took it down.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:42:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/59839/D86903AF-B5A7-410A-B2CB-E7902D35B015-649896.JPG
View Quote
Already paid for mine... just waiting for it to be shipped to me... will give a report after it arrives.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:52:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Dirtyharriett, I’ll be waiting for your report. I’ll likely have mine the middle of next week, unfortunately I have no idea when I will have my TP9 suppressor at the current snails pace of Form 4s .but when I do, I’ll be ready to go full B&T clandestine op
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Already paid for mine... just waiting for it to be shipped to me... will give a report after it arrives.
View Quote
I am also curious how it fits without a suppressor...
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#50]
I have one. It’s definitely cool. I love it. I’m going to meter the setup and see how quiet it gets.

Page / 33
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top