Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2022 2:00:12 PM EDT
If I were to cut the barrel to minimum length and pin a suppressor mount/flash suppressor to meet the 16" oal requirement.....

Who should I have cut the barrel and which suppressor mounting system should I use?  Who is the best to do the work?  

Currently everything I have is direct thread so my mount knowledge is quite narrow.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:08:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Depending on the barrel, I'd just buy the barrel you want vs having one cut.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:39:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, FN scar 16s
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 6:42:10 PM EDT
[#3]
What silencer are you mounting?
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 9:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I had class 3 machining cut my Scar 17 barrel a few years ago, did an excellent job and I had it back in maybe a week. I don’t know how his P&W jobs are, but I imagine they’re just a good.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:11:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What silencer are you mounting?
View Quote

I haven't made the final decision yet.  Yhm or surefire probably.  I'm going to go for light weight over absolute decibel reduction
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I haven't made the final decision yet.  Yhm or surefire probably.  I'm going to go for light weight over absolute decibel reduction
View Quote

I have a SF muzzle break on my 10” and use a
556 mini, the mini just looks likes it belongs on it. It’s not horrible without the can either .I also have a saker 556k as well, that’s a decent can for the money with a Griffen plan A.
Link Posted: 3/6/2022 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I had Class 3 Machining cut both my 17 and 16 down to 13.7”
Then had local shop pin and weld DeadAir flash suppressor to each bringing overall length to 16”

The barrel chop and return was about 1.5 to 2 week turn around. Very happy with their work.

Very happy with my DeadAir cans as well because of the quick disconnect mounting system.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top