Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2020 10:12:09 PM EDT
I was at a class and it went late. One of the guys had a white phosphorus setup. The last time I tried night vision was the 90’s. This was incredible. It was just like daylight. 60 degrees and raining. Absolutely incredible.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:31:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:32:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Lol. I knew that was coming.
But yeah, white phosphor is pretty cool. As with all night vision, pictures don't do it justice.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 10:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree.  First time I went from green to bluish....I was like “holy sh!t!!!!”
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:11:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Pitch black in the woods. See the deer?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, really either one is going to light it right the hell up so.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 11:43:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Clean pic
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 9:03:32 AM EDT
[#9]
White phosphor is pretty dope

For whatever reason, my L3 Filmless WP looks almost blue compared to other L3 filmless WP tubes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2020 12:07:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
White phosphor is pretty dope

For whatever reason, my L3 Filmless WP looks almost blue compared to other L3 filmless WP tubes.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/241023/20201001_165300_jpg-1633616.JPG
View Quote

Its the camera settings. Generally an unlocked white balance.

My l3 uf will look anywhere from blue like that to green almost. I lock it in so they appear more like they do to eye.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:47:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Great pic! And WP is awesome
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Ive compared my old green PVS14 to my new WP BNVD quite religiously

While the BNVD tubes really are better, they are not leaps and bounds better, but the difference is noticeable in clarity and low light use(especially low light).

I really feel the WP makes contrasting things much easier for me and it certainly feels easier on my eyes after using them in the woods for a few hours.

Ill never be going back to a green tube voluntarily with any future purchases

WP is the way
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Another shitty iPotato pic. Almost pitch black room with onboard IR on, after I swapped the tube over to new housing. Focused on bedspread at about 3” away. There’s a cunt hair I need to remove from the innerds towards the left side.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 6:58:16 PM EDT
[#14]
I like all of the mfg's WP but L3H really did something magical with unfilmed WP. I think the color plays a big part besides the unfilmed tech.

Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ive compared my old green PVS14 to my new WP BNVD quite religiously

While the BNVD tubes really are better, they are not leaps and bounds better, but the difference is noticeable in clarity and low light use(especially low light).

I really feel the WP makes contrasting things much easier for me and it certainly feels easier on my eyes after using them in the woods for a few hours.

Ill never be going back to a green tube voluntarily with any future purchases

WP is the way
View Quote

GP can offer good value though from what I've seen. My decision came down to Thinfilm WP BNVDs or Filmless GP(36/35 SN, .2/.3 ebi) DTNVGs for roughly the same cost. I pm'd/emailed a few more experienced members here and other forums and everyone said the Filmless would be the better upgrade over the WP. It would have been another $1500 for Filmless DTNVGs which I'd prefer if costs were equal, but I used that savings towards a laser and was able to stick with my budget.

I'm a newb, but I think good spec/value GP tubes can be a good option for a lot of people.
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:13:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like all of the mfg's WP but L3H really did something magical with unfilmed WP. I think the color plays a big part besides the unfilmed tech.

https://i.ibb.co/4JQGY65/B20-D2-F1-F-6-CCD-47-AA-993-D-2-E6652099662.jpg
View Quote

That does look quite pretty man
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

GP can offer good value though from what I've seen. My decision came down to Thinfilm WP BNVDs or Filmless GP(36/35 SN, .2/.3 ebi) DTNVGs for roughly the same cost. I pm'd/emailed a few more experienced members here and other forums and everyone said the Filmless would be the better upgrade over the WP. It would have been another $1500 for Filmless DTNVGs which I'd prefer if costs were equal, but I used that savings towards a laser and was able to stick with my budget.

I'm a newb, but I think good spec/value GP tubes can be a good option for a lot of people.
View Quote

You did good. I would’ve taken the unfilmed GP with those specs. I don’t have Elbit/ITT GP anymore to compare but I have some L3’s. From memory I prefer L3’s GP color. Could be all in my head however lol
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:50:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You did good. I would’ve taken the unfilmed GP with those specs. I don’t have Elbit/ITT GP anymore to compare but I have some L3’s. From memory I prefer L3’s GP color. Could be all in my head however lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep you did good Blackhalo! I have some GP filmless, some very nice GP thin filmed, and have access to some high spec WP thin film. Filmless wins.

I still think green is better Will lol I'm already in the minority because I'm cross dominant so why wouldn't I like green better
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yep you did good Blackhalo! I have some GP filmless, some very nice GP thin filmed, and have access to some high spec WP thin film. Filmless wins.

I still think green is better Will lol I'm already in the minority because I'm cross dominant so why wouldn't I like green better
View Quote

Heh. Yeah I'm very happy, I wasn't trying to justify what I bought. Just pointing it out for other newbies who might see it. I saw a lot of posts like what I quoted during my research, which had me on the WP or bust train. Took a little more research/emailing smaller vendors and guys like Will to land with what I did.

But since this thread is about WP I'm done and I'm still slightly jealous of the WP bros
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#20]
White or green, filmed or unfilmed, it’s just awesome having some nice gen 3!
Link Posted: 10/14/2020 10:57:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
White or green, filmed or unfilmed, it’s just awesome having some nice gen 3!
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top