Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2017 6:46:27 PM EDT
Trying to buy a gift for someone.

Between the KDG and the MI SOCOM rails what would you go with on a 17 being set up with a 1-8 on it?

Is there a downside to the MI?

Comments on which length to go with appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 4:14:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I fondled both the above, but went with Parker Mountain Machine extensions & rail elimination MLOK sides & bottoms.

Jarod's stuff is top freaking notch.  His small parts are similarly excellent (safeties, mag buttons, etc.)  Recommended!
Link Posted: 11/14/2017 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fondled both the above, but went with Parker Mountain Machine extensions & rail elimination MLOK sides & bottoms.

Jarod's stuff is top freaking notch.  His small parts are similarly excellent (safeties, mag buttons, etc.)  Recommended!
View Quote
I too will parrot the above. PMM makes great products for the SCARs. I've got his side panels, both MLOK and elimination, and his MLOK bottom rail replacements and they're great. Also have his sling mounts and selector levers. Couldn't be happier.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/16/2017 11:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
i prefer the mi rail.  

Link Posted: 11/17/2017 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i prefer the mi rail.  

http://imageshack.com/a/img923/8909/VAIQcD.jpg
View Quote
Good, that is what showed up today.

If I were going for just the side deletes PMM would be it. I just don't want to give another gift from a company that is more of a start up as I got burned by Syrac Ordance previously.
Link Posted: 11/17/2017 7:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
i use the full length pic rail ssr style mi has on my 17s  as its more of a hunting rifle.  i removed the iron sights on it.  my 16 as you see i use the socom.    i like the mi stuff its tight to the reciever its not coming loose removes all the annoying picrail and really turns the 16/17 from a fat pig in the hand to a slim line easy to grip firearm.  i especially like the slight scallops mi puts between each mlok section.  they give a comfy easy on the hand gripping surface.  i got my 16 years after i got the 17 and before it even arrived i had a mi rail ready to go.
Link Posted: 11/19/2017 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a KDG on my 17. Very nice, and extremely limited weight gain once the original pic sections have been removed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 9:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for short KDG. Completely changed feel of the rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 4:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone make a rail with a big enough internal diameter to run a Sandman K underneath it? (This is for a 10" barrel)
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Have the KDG forend, but getting rid of it in favor of the PMM rail elimination panels.  The KDG forend is nice, but I don’t like the restricted access for removing the gas plug and cleaning the inside of the gas block.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Dude, unless you're shooting full auto on a consistent basis, you don't need to clean the gas block.
View Quote
Dude, I like to keep my gas block clean.  Also, want to go back to a lightweight configuration.
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Good, that is what showed up today.

If I were going for just the side deletes PMM would be it. I just don't want to give another gift from a company that is more of a start up as I got burned by Syrac Ordance previously.
View Quote
Well...

PMM is the premier scar aftermarket company. Who do you think does all the chops and gas jet work?

I had the MI rail and it’s somewhere in the garage and now rolling with PMM kit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 12:06:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Well...

PMM is the premier scar aftermarket company. Who do you think does all the chops and gas jet work?

I had the MI rail and it’s somewhere in the garage and now rolling with PMM kit.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/164007/5733D2CF-B1E4-483E-AD74-084A968B70D6-418836.JPG
View Quote
Nice. To me the PMM short rails are the perfect solution. They cover the gas block so you don't get burned and give you just enough more space.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 1:51:11 PM EDT
[#15]
C'mon guys someone has got to know...

Are there any extended rails for the 17 with a big enough internal diameter to fit a can under?
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Attachment Attached File

I have the MI SOCOM M-Lok and really like it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
C'mon guys someone has got to know...

Are there any extended rails for the 17 with a big enough internal diameter to fit a can under?
View Quote
From everything I've seen I'd say "no", but haven't actually measured anything.
Link Posted: 1/15/2018 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#18]
What length rail on that 17? Looks perfect for my 17 with AAC blackout FH.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top