Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2019 10:16:44 AM EDT
I currently have a Gemtech Trek SS can that I have been using on my AR-15 and .22lr bolt gun. I am wanting a QD mount 7.62 can for my .308 AR, AKM, and possibly a .300 BO in the future. I was looking at the Gemtech One but have read mixed reviews and statements saying there are better options out there. Which cans are better but still have multiple mounting options for various platforms? I intend to use it for hunting and plinking. I would prefer it be serviceable but it’s not a deal breaker.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Energetic Vox with direct thread and KeyMo.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
DeadAir Nomad
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
DeadAir Nomad
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeadAir Nomad
Either would be front runners for me
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25693/soldiers-in-texas-are-putting-the-armys-newest-marksman-rifle-through-its-paces

Read this article last week and if that suppressor is good enough for the military is good enough for me! Started doing some research on it and the military arms channel and nfa review seem to love it as well. Just ordered my oss suppressor from silencer shop now the government just needs to hurry up
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
DeadAir Nomad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeadAir Nomad
These.  Although I haven't shot with a Nomad yet.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:04:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DeadAir Nomad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
DeadAir Nomad
That would also work but I've got a Vox in jail so I'm biased
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 12:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25693/soldiers-in-texas-are-putting-the-armys-newest-marksman-rifle-through-its-paces

Read this article last week and if that suppressor is good enough for the military is good enough for me! Started doing some research on it and the military arms channel and nfa review seem to love it as well. Just ordered my oss suppressor from silencer shop now the government just needs to hurry up
View Quote
The govt has bought many different brands of suppressors.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 1:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
The military doesn't always choose the best product.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 2:22:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The military doesn't always choose the best product.
View Quote
Military requirements aren't always the best for civilians. Particularly when you know how those requirements are often established, usually by upwardly mobile PMs who aren't even qualified to be REMFs.

But if you had an infinite check book and burly but distracted 19-24 year olds to abusively carry your stuff, then a heavy, low blow back, mid-noise level suppressor might look good.  There's a niche in the market for everything.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like you want a lighter can especially if you take it  hunting. Q trash panda, DA Nomad or a SICO Omega would be my choices.

I have an Omega and a Q half nelson in jail (which is a non qd version of the trash panda) and they both sound very similar.

I always stear for light weight cans. My Saker and Hybrid are my least shot cans as they just suck to carry around. Love my Harvester and Omega.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I would look into the VOX or the Nomad. But personally I'd lean towards the Vox because the end cap can hold a wipe.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Energetic Vox with direct thread and KeyMo Plan B and Cherry Bomb.
View Quote
FIFY .  Will be running a Plan B on my Vox when it gets out of jail.

Dead Air Nomad would also be a great choice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Another vote for the Dead Air Nomad.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I was going back and forth between the Vox and the Nomad. It was a hard choice to make. In the end I decided the Nomad. It's a little heavier than the Vox, but from what I have read it is quieter. I will be running Plan B with mine.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I was going back and forth between the Vox and the Nomad. It was a hard choice to make. In the end I decided the Nomad. It's a little heavier than the Vox, but from what I have read it is quieter. I will be running Plan B with mine.
View Quote
Winning either way.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Winning either way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Winning either way.
I’m in the same boat, looking for a versatile can to put on multiple platforms.  Anyone have experience with the LaRue Tranquilo?  YHM Resonator?
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:45:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Winning either way.
View Quote
Knowing me I will probably end up with the vox too
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top