Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2021 8:09:26 AM EDT
I currently have an HSGI Blowout Kit but I’m struggling to decide on placement for it since it is vertical on the belt. If I mount it at 6 o’clock it would be uncomfortable but if it’s on left or right side it’s not ambi accessed. I’m trying to decide if I want to buy a BFG micro trauma kit that could sit at 6 o’clock with horizontal orientation and that would be ambi.

Contents are: 1x shears, 2x chest seal, 1x Israeli bandage, 2x celox, 2x rubber gloves, 1x epi-pen
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#1]
BFG is a good kit. I don't think you can get shears in the Micro. I also have the Trauma Kit Now with the advanced supplies on my chest rigs...takes up some real estate but can carry more supplies and extra CAT's.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Whatever you get put a half dozen bandaids in there.  They take up nil room and will be most likely needed before anything else.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:44:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Whatever you get put a half dozen bandaids in there.  They take up nil room and will be most likely needed before anything else.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:50:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Good advice. My slide bit me once on the range and I didn't have anything minor to fix it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:03:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Ditch the Celox and replace with Quick-Clot.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good advice. My slide bit me once on the range and I didn't have anything minor to fix it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's not. Keep your fingers out of your IFAK and don't put booboo stuff in it.

Booboo stuff can go in an admin pouch or your bag.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:10:37 AM EDT
[#7]
My IFAK has a booboo place just for a few bandaids.  Seems legit to me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really looking for advice on whether to stick with my HSBI Blowout kit, or move to the BFG trauma kit Now due to orientation of the pouches and how they sit on the belt.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:26:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, it's not. Keep your fingers out of your IFAK and don't put booboo stuff in it.

Booboo stuff can go in an admin pouch or your bag.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:19:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm really looking for advice on whether to stick with my HSBI Blowout kit, or move to the BFG trauma kit Now due to orientation of the pouches and how they sit on the belt.
View Quote

I'm looking for other options as well. In the interim, I find I can reach mine with both hands. It is not optimal but it works.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Even figured out a way to add a patch.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:23:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:48:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Right now I run an RE Factor Aggressor Pack. Within the medical insert is a ton of room so everything is nice and organized and I’m able to keep a full ITS boo boo kit in it no problem along with my IFAK. That said, I want less on my back and when Ferro Concepts comes out with their IFAK I’m going with it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:46:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Im starting to hate anything at the 6-o’clock  area now.   Very uncomfortable when in a vehicle. Im thinking about going to a HSGI BB Kit or Esstac Dst
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:08:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My IFAK has a booboo place just for a few bandaids.  Seems legit to me.
View Quote

It seems legit until it isn't.

Quit fucking around with your life-threatening blood loss gear when life-threatening blood loss isn't occurring. Your boo boo supplies can go in a pack or something.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:19:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to hijack, but anyone working with the HSGI Reflex system?  Looking to put together a similar ifak loadout to the original poster, I can't really get a good feel for the reflex but it looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

What on Gods earth would make you say that?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:16:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What on Gods earth would make you say that?
View Quote

Celox boasts a 2013 live tissue test to validate their superiority. What they don't tout as loudly is the more recent Celox Rapid vs QKC Combat Gauze test, but theirs was a newer product held against a hemcon staple.
It's a pretty wild claim that Celox Rapid achieves hemostasis in 1 minute but per that test it works well enough.

Celox can be little cheaper to the private end user, and from what I've heard they're about as accommodating as Sig to agency customers.
Some British medical providers I worked with last year mentioned that was a factor in the MoD adoption of Celox.

Their gauze is good but not groundbreaking.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top