Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2023 11:26:13 PM EDT
Hello, back when cabelas had their savage 12fv’s for $219 after rebate I bought a 223, 6.5 creedmoor, and 308.  Wish I would have bought more including the 22-250 and the 204 ruger.

2 of these will go into Boyd’s thumb hole target stocks.  The other will go into my newly acquired magpul hunter 110 stock.

After testing the 6.5 in the magpul stock, I decided I should cut whichever caliber is going to stay in that stock to about 18” like the factory savage magpul hunter  and thread the barrel for my banish 30.

Which would you rather have as an 18” and which would you rather have as a 26” barrel between the 6.5 and the 308?

P.S. I have a bunch of AR’s and a ar10 I can throw the can on ad well so the 223 is staying as a long target gun for now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd go look at load data and see which of the calibers can use the extra barrel length (think it may be the 6.5....)
Link Posted: 3/9/2023 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#2]
That was my thought, if I was to stretch the 6.5cm’s legs due to high bc that 200fps may be more useful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top