Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2020 10:58:12 AM EDT
I have an Alpine M1 carbine with the cheese grater handguard. I would like to get the Ultimak rail for optics, but I have to choose between the GI patterned handguard, Inland patterned, or auto ordnance pattern.

Which should I go with? Thanks in advance.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Not familiar w/ Alpine, but if it's an older carbine that is GI dimensionally compatible, go w/ the GI dimension one.

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_alpine.html

Looks like the GI one should fit.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#2]
USGI pattern. You might have to ream out the stock where the clamps sit depending on what style stock Alpine used. I recently mounted this same rail on a Howa based M-1 Carbine and so far like it

This is it in a folding Choate stock. I'll post a pic of it in the wood stock later after I eat for you to see what your in for

Here's it in it's wood stock

Link Posted: 9/27/2020 2:13:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks everyone, just ordered it.
I was leaning to USGI but wanted confirmation before ordering.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 3:36:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone, just ordered it.
I was leaning to USGI but wanted confirmation before ordering.
View Quote

Glad to help. The A/O and "New" Inland (not the USGI WWII ones) use stocks that are a 1/4 inch shorter in the hand guard than USGI or other commercial Carbines, that's why there are 3 versions offered
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Well this will be fun, I bet I can get it to work regardless.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 8:29:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like Alpine, in common w/ a lot of makers, used turned down Springfield 1903 surplus bbls.  You'll have to cut on it a little.
Link Posted: 9/27/2020 9:27:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like Alpine, in common w/ a lot of makers, used turned down Springfield 1903 surplus bbls.  You'll have to cut on it a little.
View Quote

They did, there's a section under the National Ordnance Carbines that covers 03 Springfield barrels

http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_natord.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top