Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2020 8:58:03 PM EDT
Well since Magpul site is down for maintenance, was looking for some help on which ones to get ones to get. Type 1 or 2?
What did you buy and for what sling? I would like to mount a 550 corded sling.
Link Posted: 1/14/2020 9:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe you need both if you want to do ambi sling mounts. I just did mine but can’t remember for 100% but it seems like type 1 comes with one cup, screw and a nut but you have to buy the other kit to have cups on both sides. It’s kind of a racket having to buy 4 different kits to mount a sling. They aren’t cheap either.

Also, if you have a link to a paracord sling with QD swivels please share it. That was my plan all along but after I started looking I didn’t find anything listed.
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 10:55:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Amazon.  Mounchain Rifle Sling. Has the snap clips kinda like magpuls. Was going to install quick connect "D" rings.
There are a bunch of different ones on there as well just haven't found one yet with the QD rings yet either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well since Magpul site is down for maintenance, was looking for some help on which ones to get ones to get. Type 1 or 2?
What did you buy and for what sling? I would like to mount a 550 corded sling.
View Quote

I threaded the holes and screwed in & epoxied QD cups.

There is a thread on it somewhere on here.

Eta.  Found it.  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Alternatives_To_Magpul_QD_Sling_Swivel_Kits_Sockets__/19-661475/
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 1:56:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top