Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2023 8:17:06 PM EDT
I have a Steiner 3x12-50 scope I am planning on mounting to my rifle.  Is the Geissele S&B or Leupold Mark 6 a better match for this scope and rifle?
https://www.steiner-scopes.com/steiner-3-12-x-50mm-military-scope-model-5312

Or, should I be looking for something else from Badger Ordnance or a similar company?

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 9:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the G Sr25 CQBSS mount for my 1-8 ATACR.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:55:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on the features you want.

I tend to favor badger condition 1 mount because you can add the red dot mounts, etc.

And if you want a similar mount without the nuts on the side (low profile), reptilia is what you want.

Depending on how far you shoot and what caliber, you may want to look for one that has 20moa built in or something like that
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 7:56:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Don’t look past knights. I have their newer ee 34mm mount with RMR attachment. Every bit as good as Geissele, badger, unity, etc. and it looks sweet on a knights rifle
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By abpMN:
I went with the G Sr25 CQBSS mount for my 1-8 ATACR.
View Quote

Same here, one of the best scope mounts you can buy

Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By AmericanSheepDog:
Depends on the features you want.

I tend to favor badger condition 1 mount because you can add the red dot mounts, etc.

And if you want a similar mount without the nuts on the side (low profile), reptilia is what you want.

Depending on how far you shoot and what caliber, you may want to look for one that has 20moa built in or something like that
View Quote

Badger also has a fantastic flat spot between the rings to use an arisaka leveler or similar.

Makes mounting the scope *perfectly* a breeze.  The raised spine that G mounts have make this much tougher.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 9:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Big fan of the badger condition 1 mount on my SR25
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 1:58:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I would love to see some Badger Condition 1 glamour shots on the SR-25's and similar rifles!  I'm not seeing a lot of Badger stuff in stock at the moment so, I need to think through the mount situation and get setup for availability notifications.

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I get some pics up. What scope? I have an extra C1 35mm in black
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#9]
No reason not to get a 20 MOA Badger mount for a magnified optic that’s not a LPVO.
Link Posted: 6/12/2023 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 6/15/2023 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Embittered:
No reason not to get a 20 MOA Badger mount for a magnified optic that’s not a LPVO.
View Quote

Exactly my thoughts
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 10:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DetroitSounds:
Don’t look past knights. I have their newer ee 34mm mount with RMR attachment. Every bit as good as Geissele, badger, unity, etc. and it looks sweet on a knights rifle
View Quote

This.  I have EERs on my legacy Match and my EC.  Simply put, they work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:31:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#13]
I just sold a Geissele scope mount in the EE that I had on my SR25.  I am not sure if it was the dedicated SR25 CQBSS, but I did have a 4-16 ACTAR mounted.  The only reason I sold it was due to this thread.  I was thinking about getting a 1-8 NF ACTAR, but seeing this discussion and the Leupold MK5 2-10, I am leaning towards the MK5 and will need a 35mm instead of the ACTAR 34mm.  The MK5 seems to be a very durable scope and will meet my needs, based on the research I have done.  

This is the one I sold

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top