Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2017 1:01:27 AM EDT
Just curious. Given that quad rails are out of vogue and that the DD Mk18 RIS seems specifically marketed as not being compatible with the 203.

Should I be looking at other DD models? Or Troy?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#1]
What model M203? Standard or railgrabber? What barrel length?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 1:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Rail mount, 12"
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
While the DD MK18 RIS II won't accept a standard M203, apparently a rail-mounted one will fit.

When it was brought up in a thread here a couple years ago, folks expressed concern about the amount of stress on the detachable bottom rail. Have you asked DD about it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 5:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a DD m4 rail.  It worked but at some point it bent downwards.  That rail design was where a threaded round section was welded to the rail.  The bend was slight and in the area of the weld.  I replaced it with a superior weapons systems rail which is all straight extrusion that bolts onto a long steel barrel nut.  It has held up well but I moved my launcher a lmt pistol grip stand alone which I seen to use more.  The lmt mrp is the only system made to handle it.  Not sure any one else will warrantee their rail for this use.  I would choose a rail that is a straight extrusion that slides over a long barrel  nut which it bolts or clamps to.  Geissele mk7 national match probably would work.  I would mount it to a mlok rail too if  it clamped to the barrel nut.

If I did it again I would probably get the standard mount for use on rifles.  I really like the rail mount pistol with the 9" barrel.  Use a sling to brace it and it is very accurate.
Link Posted: 9/2/2017 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my launcher about 2 months back.

My long term plan is to get a standalone mount, but I already had this rifle w/URX 2 rail.
As far as I can tell, ~40 rounds of M781 haven't bent it.

I'd like more info on compatible rails if anyone has it.

Link Posted: 9/3/2017 12:10:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Barrel mount
Link Posted: 9/3/2017 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Barrel mount
View Quote
Which is no help considering that the rail mount one is the one that will be coming home with me shortly.

DD did respond to me and stated that the RIS II will withstand rail-mount 203 use.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 6:47:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just got my launcher about 2 months back.

My long term plan is to get a standalone mount, but I already had this rifle w/URX 2 rail.
As far as I can tell, ~40 rounds of M781 haven't bent it.

I'd like more info on compatible rails if anyone has it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/100005/KIMG0396-265468.jpg
View Quote
Dummy round? Or FEL and super expensiveness?
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 9:11:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Dummy round? Or FEL and super expensiveness?
View Quote
The front fell off

It's my dummy round & photo prop.  Gotta glue it back together.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
DD did respond to me and stated that the RIS II will withstand rail-mount 203 use.
View Quote
That's good. 

You probably already know this, but always tighten down a rail-mounted launcher while holding it as far aft as possible against the rail slots, and ensure each clamp has a slot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn't but it seems like common sense.

Waiting on Troy's response but for now the launcher, if the Form 4 ever comes back, will have a home on my Mk18
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Awesome. Good to know as I'm waiting on two rail mounted receivers from TMGO that I'll be Form 1'ing. I appreciate you sharing.
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Troy said no go...
Link Posted: 9/6/2017 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Mega Megalithic upper, cut down by a machinist friend of mine.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:58:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I've used mine on a DD MK18 RIS II without issues. Granted, not a lot of rounds as they are scarce, but it seemed to hold up fine. Also had it on a KAC URX II Medium for a while. Currently have it on a Spikes Kaos Stock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top