Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 6:38:46 PM EDT
In the market for a .22 SBR that will be run exclusively suppressed with a spectre 2.

Already have a reliable .22 AR, and a takedown 10/22, as well as an older non-threaded 10/22.

Options I’m considering right now-

Keltec CP33-the higher capacity mags and compact size have me leaning towards this

POF Rebel- bonus that it takes 10/22 mags which I already have enough of.  Also similar manual of arms to my ARs.

Build another dedicated .22 AR, or chop the one that I have.  I’m lucky, I have a fairly early CMMG one, and a bunch of early cmmg mags that runs 100%.  I worry that building one will lead to reliability issues.

SBRing a 10/22 is out, I’m looking for something similar to a PCC/MSR style.

Am I missing any good options?
Seems like the keltec might be the more pricey option but that doesn’t matter much unless we’re talking an extra 500 bucks or something -are there any issues with factory parts needing changed or parts availability on these?  Difficulties adding a stock?

Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Of the ones you're leaning towards, the CP33 SBR would probably be the neatest option.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#3]
as far as loading mags, which you will be doing a lot of in 22, nothing beats the mags for the S&W AR in rimfire.  And if you can find it, they just released a pistol brace version so easy peasy SBR conversion.

and you can run a binary trigger in them and they run great.  I have a Lage 22 conversion and never run it as the S&W is much more reliable and way easier to load mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

So tempting. That looks great.  Which stock is that?  I usually prefer folders but that doesn’t look bad.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
as far as loading mags, which you will be doing a lot of in 22, nothing beats the mags for the S&W AR in rimfire.  And if you can find it, they just released a pistol brace version so easy peasy SBR conversion.

and you can run a binary trigger in them and they run great.  I have a Lage 22 conversion and never run it as the S&W is much more reliable and way easier to load mags.
View Quote

Thanks.  Was unaware they released a braced model and forgot to even include them on my list.  It’s on the list now.  Have to say I’m leaning towards the cp33, but am curious if there’s been any mag function or availability issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:55:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually in more or less the same boat. Looking at the POF Rebel or the S&W pistol.
I've seen some awful reviews of the rebel, but the price and features lead me to it. I'll have to buy it online while the S&W is available locally. What day the hive about the rebel? Is it really that bad?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:43:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a dedicated spikes .22 upper thats chopped to 5" and suppressed I run on my SBR lower. I also have a 10/22 that I run in a HTA P90 stock.

The spikes gets run WAY more than the 10/22. Mostly because mags are easier to dick with.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:45:42 AM EDT
[#9]
The biggest advantage the 10/22 has is the variety of parts available to do whatever you like.   If you aren't set on semi-auto, the Volqartsen/PWS toggle action that uses 10/22 bits could be interesting since you'll be running w/ a can ...

Otherwise, I'd say do another AR lower.  Again, purely for the mass variation in parts/styles/etc.

Building your own dedicated 22 upper is easier than a regular upper - no gas system to deal with.  Hardest part is catching all of the parts in stock at RTB.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I vote 15-22. Love mine. Runs everything. Quiet. My favorite gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I SBR'd my 15/22
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:46:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:43:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I have a Sig 522 SBR that’s pretty great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top