Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2018 10:18:21 PM EDT
I’d like to purchase 6-8 keyed alike master locks with a bunch of keys.  Is there a discount padlock website?
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazon Product
  • Commercial grade padlock features superior protection from drilling and prying
  • 1-9/16" (40mm) wide laminated steel body for superior strength
  • 3/4" (19mm) tall, 9/32" (7mm) diameter hardened steel shackle for superior cut resistance

Link Posted: 5/13/2018 10:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I went to an Ace Hardware with my existing key. They were able to make, ON THE SPOT, a couple of keyed-alike padlocks for me!

The keyway is raised about 1/16 of an inch beyond the body of the lock. They inserted my key in the lock, put a sort of fork-shaped punch around the key, then smacked the punch. The keyway was forced into the lock, shearing the pins inside the lock, creating a lock that was peculiar to the key.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went to an Ace Hardware with my existing key. They were able to make, ON THE SPOT, a couple of keyed-alike padlocks for me!

The keyway is raised about 1/16 of an inch beyond the body of the lock. They inserted my key in the lock, put a sort of fork-shaped punch around the key, then smacked the punch. The keyway was forced into the lock, shearing the pins inside the lock, creating a lock that was peculiar to the key.
View Quote
I used to get locks this way from my local hardware store,  ran about $7 each
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:17:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Any decent locksmith’s shop can do this with top quality padlocks like American, Mul-T-Lock or ABUS Padlocks. Locksmith shop meaning a store that sells and services locks and has a real locksmith working thre, not just a hardware store that also sells locks. They can rekey as many licks as you need.

If you are just looking for cheap masterlocks, you can buy them in multi-packs keyed alike.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 7:26:14 PM EDT
[#5]
These aren’t the cheapest but lots of choices

https://www.mcmaster.com/#padlocks/=6adaeb9b8faf49138b89d5d761bc6700jh6vlqhr
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 8:48:09 AM EDT
[#6]
At the big box stores on the locks on the back of the package is a key code.
Just find multiple 4 packs with matching codes
This applies to all locks & locksets
Usually it’s a max of 4 matching codes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top