Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 9/23/2019 6:27:57 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2019 6:28:26 PM EST by bruh44]
Where is the best place to get FAL mags? They're not hard to find. I'm looking for the best mags for the best price. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 10:22:58 PM EST
Nevermind, I found some.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:40:22 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 10:00:12 AM EST
I'll add their info after I get them and inspect them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 11:29:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/26/2019 11:35:06 PM EST by usar_ds]
i just got a bunch of metric mags at numrich this week.

they just got here yesterday. i test fired all of them yesterday evening. all were gtg

i got 2 surface rust ones for $36 both are gtg but with a little surface rust....

i got 6 ding and dent ones for $25. 4 of 6 were gtg and pretty nice.  2 had minor superficial dents that didnt inhibit function. dents for both were on the side of mag body only.

i went ahead and undented both mags in 10 mins with a piece of wood and a flathead screw driver. not that i needed to, it just bothered me. test both before and after, they both feed fine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 2:18:42 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 2:59:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2019 2:59:53 PM EST by bruh44]
I got my mags today. They are refinished surplus mags. They all appear to be in excellent condition. I got them from C and J sales for $15.00 each and $20.00 shipping.
I'm pretty impressed with what I got. I would recommend this place.
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 10:31:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/1/2019 10:40:15 PM EST by usar_ds]
NICE!

seems like a great deal.

have you tested them yet??
Link Posted: 10/1/2019 11:48:37 PM EST
I was going to say the ee, but I just got burned buying junk Korean mags that were “niw surplus”.

I just bought a sealed case of 10 G1 magazines for $300 from Arizona response systems. I only have one FAL, a DSA G1 impulse score. Trying to find mags that aren’t beat to shit and stupidly expensive has been a chore.

What is the scrap value for Korean FAL mags?
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 12:13:40 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M3A1:
I was going to say the ee, but I just got burned buying junk Korean mags that were “niw surplus”.

I just bought a sealed case of 10 G1 magazines for $300 from Arizona response systems. I only have one FAL, a DSA G1 impulse score. Trying to find mags that aren’t beat to shit and stupidly expensive has been a chore.

View Quote
How can you tell what's Korean? I'm sure these are not. They are used surplus that's been refinished. I haven't run them yet but they look and feel solid. Most have cosmoline in them still.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 12:19:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2019 12:19:35 AM EST by texas_mustang_01]
DSArms has been getting Israeli mags regularly in small quantities. I would keep a lookout for those. The ones I received were basically new.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17147-israeli-marked-metric-pattern-20-round-fal-magazine-good-to-very-good-condition.aspx
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 6:40:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By bruh44:
How can you tell what's Korean? I'm sure these are not. They are used surplus that's been refinished. I haven't run them yet but they look and feel solid. Most have cosmoline in them still.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Most Korean mags are stamped “FAL /.308” on the front edge of the mag, but not all. I have two that don’t have that stamp. They also have three witness holes along the rear of the spine. The only real FAL mags that have witness holes are Austrian mags.

Korean mags also have a rough parkerized finish that usually binds up the follower.

So a quick way to tell is witness holes > stamping > finish.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:36:39 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2019 7:37:23 AM EST by bruh44]
Three of the ten I got have holes in the back. There is no markings on them I can find. I would guess they are Australian based on the wear on the follower and uniform finish to all the other mags. I'm picking up my FAL Saturday. I'll see what works then.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 7:53:53 AM EST
Three of the ten I got have holes in the back. There is no markings on them I can find. I would guess they are Australian based on the wear on the follower and uniform finish to all the other mags. I'm picking up my FAL Saturday. I'll see what works then.
View Quote
You should be safe buying from a dealer.

You’ll know when you go to insert them, good mags will rock right in. Korean mags will be very tight and possibly won’t lock at all.

I don’t think anyone even stocks the Korean mags anymore.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 10:25:17 AM EST
The place I ordered them from does. They have them listed with comments saying they were tested and work well. Check out the link I posted above.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 1:54:44 PM EST
The place I ordered them from does. They have them listed with comments saying they were tested and work well. Check out the link I posted above.
View Quote
I see that. I think you’ll be ok since they are clear on which ones are refinished surplus and which ones are Korean. The Austrian mags are very common so I don’t doubt that’s what you have.

You’ll know when you go to seat them.
Link Posted: 10/2/2019 5:35:01 PM EST
Originally Posted By texas_mustang_01:
DSArms has been getting Israeli mags regularly in small quantities. I would keep a lookout for those. The ones I received were basically new.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17147-israeli-marked-metric-pattern-20-round-fal-magazine-good-to-very-good-condition.aspx
View Quote
They also have refinished surplus mags in stock for $15.99. These seem to go out of stock then come back often.

Another place to check for anyone that wanders in looking for mags

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17194-surplus-20-round-fal-magazine-metric-pattern-arsenal-refinished.aspx
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 7:26:28 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2019 7:27:33 PM EST by Apec]

Most Korean mags are stamped “FAL /.308” on the front edge of the mag, but not all. I have two that don’t have that stamp. They also have three witness holes along the rear of the spine. The only real FAL mags that have witness holes are Austrian mags.

Korean mags also have a rough parkerized finish that usually binds up the follower.

View Quote
There are knockoff Korean mags with witness holes. I have handled them firsthand and noted they fail at the basics, like fitting in any in-spec receiver. Fortunately my LGS offered to take them back.

These can be identified by FAL/308 on the front, but it is very faint and not easy to notice. Baseplates have a loop that isn't flush with the edge. Witness holes are slightly smaller if I recall, but you wouldn't know from observation without a real mag to compare to. However, like many inferior mags, the lug near the top of the magazine is stamped and not ground.

On a side note, I did happen to score a rare Austrian mag without witness holes.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 12:13:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By Apec:
There are knockoff Korean mags with witness holes. I have handled them firsthand and noted they fail at the basics, like fitting in any in-spec receiver. Fortunately my LGS offered to take them back.

These can be identified by FAL/308 on the front, but it is very faint and not easy to notice. Baseplates have a loop that isn't flush with the edge. Witness holes are slightly smaller if I recall, but you wouldn't know from observation without a real mag to compare to. However, like many inferior mags, the lug near the top of the magazine is stamped and not ground.

On a side note, I did happen to score a rare Austrian mag without witness holes.
View All Quotes

Yup, the Korean mags are junk.

I bought some when they first came out because I wanted some “new” mags for my new FAL. I wasn’t up to speed on FAL mags and didn’t know any better. The only surplus mags I could find were beat up with hardly any finish. They worked, but they were ugly and didn’t look good in my G1.

Now I just got six more Korean paper weights from a bad ee deal, so now I have a bunch of worthless mags that I don’t know what to do with. I’ve thought about messing around with refinishing them or even trying to tinker with them to get them to work, but I don’t think the juice will be worth the squeeze.

I didn’t know there were Austrian mags without witness holes. One could probably write a book on all the FAL mag variations.
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 8:27:20 AM EST
Here are some in stock still in the wrap/cosmoline Israeli mags for $32

https://innovativeindustriesllc.com/fal-magazine-israeli/
Link Posted: 10/4/2019 9:11:30 PM EST

View All Quotes

I have a couple of these Austrian mags w/o the witness holes...what's the story on them?
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 4:53:50 PM EST
Glad I got a ton of NIW imbels back when they were cheap
Link Posted: 10/5/2019 7:01:45 PM EST
I ran them today. Turns out ever mag I got is a Austrian mag. Only two have the holes in the back though. Of the five I tested today one didn't work well. I think it needs a new spring.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 8:12:52 PM EST

They also have refinished surplus mags in stock for $15.99. These seem to go out of stock then come back often.

Another place to check for anyone that wanders in looking for mags

https://www.dsarms.com/p-17194-surplus-20-round-fal-magazine-metric-pattern-arsenal-refinished.aspx
View Quote
Got 5 and they look great! Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 1:04:45 PM EST
Any new leads? Looking for surplus metric mags
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 11:18:45 AM EST

View Quote
Just got some of these for my DSA Para. Fingers crossed.

TC
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 8:40:59 PM EST
Ordered six from Arizona Response System
Link Posted: 2/9/2020 7:03:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 2/9/2020 8:00:26 PM EST by veeklog]
Got my six magazines from ARS; very nice and happy with the purchase; like them so much bought four mour STG-58 magazines. Only one of the six has any markings, and that is a sequence of numbers on the bottom of the floor plate. I know all are legit FAL magazines and not Korean junk because ARS and Mark Graham only deal with quality products
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:56:11 PM EST
In thought the Dsa polymer and the Dsa refinished ones with the anti tilt were gtg?
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 10:23:16 AM EST
I got a dozen from C&J sales.
All in excellent shape and Izzy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 11:13:28 AM EST
Miss the days of $10 or less mags makes me happy I was making money back then and could afford them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:53:42 PM EST
What are brand new Imbel mags going for now?
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 2:16:27 AM EST
Link Posted: 4/20/2020 4:25:57 AM EST
Originally Posted By tayous1:
Miss the days of $10 or less mags makes me happy I was making money back then and could afford them.

View Quote

The last time I bought mags was not all that long ago.  I paid about $10 each, shipped.  If you are patient and check the FAL Files marketplace often enough, you can get some shockingly good deals.  I've never paid $20 or more for 20-round mags, not even alloy mags.  The only mags that cost me more than that were the two FN-made 10-rounders I bought from a batch recently imported from Belgium.  Those were something like $54 each, shipped.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:20:45 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/1/2020 8:23:13 PM EST by TexasAg]
FYI....J&C Sales....no longer carries FAL mags, shipped his last in June 2020.

Received some DSA used / surplus  Israeli mags (six)........five marked, two had minor rust / all cleaned up well.

K....question:  digging around in my stuff....... I have two FAL metric mags (in a zip lock bag..with red stripe).
No markings.....blued finish / covered in grease / cosmoline.
I wonder who made them, etc.  ??  ( I did try the FAL files / mag postings / not much luck, with the new "page" .. )
thx
TexasAg

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 5:18:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By bigstick61:

The last time I bought mags was not all that long ago.  I paid about $10 each, shipped.  If you are patient and check the FAL Files marketplace often enough, you can get some shockingly good deals.  I've never paid $20 or more for 20-round mags, not even alloy mags.  The only mags that cost me more than that were the two FN-made 10-rounders I bought from a batch recently imported from Belgium.  Those were something like $54 each, shipped.
View Quote
Deals can be had. I just got 6 FN mags made for the German G1 contract for $120 shipped off of the FAL Files.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 1:30:57 PM EST
Originally Posted By DOG556:
In thought the Dsa polymer and the Dsa refinished ones with the anti tilt were gtg?
View Quote

The DSA polymer mags I got a couple of months ago are garbage. I bought 5 and not one of them work. They all flex too much and pop rounds out. They won’t even hold one round before I insert them into the rifle, much less when I put them in the rifle. I have a new OSW SBR that I purchased late last year.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:40:26 PM EST
Anywhere still have decent mags in stock?

Went poking around and came up dry.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:59:20 PM EST
What would new in wrap 1960's FN mags be worth on the open market?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:57:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:

View Quote

Right here

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/FAL-20RD-STEEL-MAGAZINE-METRIC-9p3322.htm
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:19:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2021 6:24:50 AM EST by Jeff556]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:

Right here

View All Quotes

Right here

I came here to post this

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:27:48 AM EST
A little expensive but very good condition, at least the ones I got. And a bit different.

Here.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:08:22 AM EST
Got a slightly rusty British issue L1A1 Mag. here - a souvenir of better days
Well, I say L1A1 - it's a L4 30-rd mag. but they fit the SLR
....just no legal SLR's here
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:07:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By slimslade:
A little expensive but very good condition, at least the ones I got. And a bit different.

Here.
View Quote

I bought the same ones sold as Rhodies. Not buying more.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:47:51 PM EST
I ordered some from SARCO Thursday and they shipped yesterday. We’ll se what I end up with.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 9:29:41 PM EST
Originally Posted By Jeff556:

I came here to post this

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Jeff556:

Right here

I came here to post this

Ordered 4 from them. 1 was jam packed with cosmoline and another slightly less caked. The other 2 had a very light coat.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:57:34 PM EST
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 7:35:07 AM EST
there are some on the EE right now.
Top Top