Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2021 11:18:29 PM EDT
I am working on an old SKS and have not been having much luck with the birchwood casey's super blue. I have heard great things about Brownell's Oxpho-Blue as far as cold blues go.

It is sold out as brownells and unavailable elsewhere as far as I can tell. Online auction sites (not sure if I can mention by name) do not show any current listings either.

Is this something that regularly comes in and out of stock? Or is this the result of the pandemic creating shortages in supply? Any suggestions on where to get some or another well liked product?

Thanks in advance for the help, guys.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not mine but here is what appears to be a pretty good evaluation of several products:
Evaluation of several cold bluing products (w/pics)

Here is the winner so to speak from that post:
Nu Blu

Personally haven't tried it yet but was about to order some for and upcoming project. So if you do and its crap let me know
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Oxpho Blue is awesome.  Got some just a few months ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top