Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2018 8:07:16 PM EDT
Where do dealers go to buy package deals on trade ins? Anyone know?

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where do dealers go to buy package deals on trade ins? Anyone know?

Thanks
View Quote
Hahaha. Package deal?!  Go to a manufacturer or someone like Sports South and tell them you wanna purchase like 400 trade in Glock 22’s. That’s how you’re going to get a deal.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 1:35:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Or you work a trade direct with the department when they want to upgrade.  Usually you need an in with someone who runs the armory.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Strange that you see comedy in me asking where dealers buy at wholesale the lots of used guns they sell off at retail. Perhaps you got hung up on the fact that the word deal has multiple meaning and connotations. I’m not bargain shopping, I’m curious about a deal that involves a quantity of items.

Simple question, just looking for a simple answer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Different states have different rules on how surplus is to be disposed of after pulled from service, every once in a while I will get a letter or an email from various entities to inform me that an auction of decommissioned surplus will be sold in lots and as a registered entity I am open to bid on the lots.  It also depends on where the agency acquire the items, some things have to be returned to the government if they got them on certain programs.

A starting point is to get on the notifications lists and see how the various agencies dispose of their equipment when the time comes.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Phoenix_Distributors
Call them for volume prices/discounts
their GB account:
https://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/BrowseItems.aspx?IncludeSellers=778456

That’s their retailer store-> https://www.surpluscityguns.com
They always have police trade ins at great prices.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strange that you see comedy in me asking where dealers buy at wholesale the lots of used guns they sell off at retail. Perhaps you got hung up on the fact that the word deal has multiple meaning and connotations. I’m not bargain shopping, I’m curious about a deal that involves a quantity of items.

Simple question, just looking for a simple answer.
View Quote
Sorry. I didn't realize that you were the sensitive type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top