Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2018 1:30:27 PM EDT
Hi,

I'm looking for a very clean Uzi carbine type 80% receiver shell without any markings/stamps or serial numbers.

"I" want to built a "replicant/fake" copy of a FN licensed Uzi and have it engraved with a serial number and any FN type markings on the left-side of the receiver AND then find somebody to finish the receiver AND engrave their manufacturing/FFL Class I builder's information on the right-side of the receiver to make it 100% legal...  I have a local gunsmith with a Class I license that I plan on using to do all the welding and finishing of this receiver and to complete the build.

Any ideals where I can pick up a clean unmarked Uzi full-size carbine type receiver?

Thanks for looking.  I know this isn't the most economical way of doing this build, but this replicant 9mm carbine will finish off my collection of NATO 70s/80s Cold War infantry small arms.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 1:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
robertrtg.com - uzi flats are unbent and unmarked

ETA: they also have bent, "80% repair sections" with the blocking bar installed, but otherwise unmarked from what I can see.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I tend to buy mine from US Barrel Shroud, although they're also just 80%/not full length, just a repair section missing the front trunnion area. They also have a blocking bar already spot welded in place, but they only run about $80.

If bent, but empty, they're a receiver according to the ATF. You can't buy one without markings unless it's flat, or short of full length.

Quoted:
"I" want to built a "replicant/fake" copy of a FN licensed Uzi and have it engraved with a serial number and any FN type markings on the left-side of the receiver AND then find somebody to finish the receiver AND engrave their manufacturing/FFL Class I builder's information on the right-side of the receiver to make it 100% legal...  I have a local gunsmith with a Class I license that I plan on using to do all the welding and finishing of this receiver and to complete the build.
View Quote
Do you mean that the gunsmith has an 07FFL? He needs one, to manufacture a firearm for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top