BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 26
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yeah - had forgotten about the mag restrictions in CO.

More than likely it's coming with 10s then I'm sure. I actually didn't ask - I was just happy to pay $2899 for an SP5.
View Quote

Oh, I'm totally with you, man.  Congrats on the get.

You can buy as many 30 round mags as you like with the money you saved buying from a non-rapey vendor.   Plus, even though mine came with 30s, I picked up a couple 15s for range/bench use.   The 10s can have a purpose.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You can buy as many 30 round mags as you like with the money you saved buying from a non-rapey vendor.   Plus, even though mine came with 30s, I picked up a couple 15s for range/bench use.   The 10s can have a purpose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah - had forgotten about the mag restrictions in CO.

More than likely it's coming with 10s then I'm sure. I actually didn't ask - I was just happy to pay $2899 for an SP5.

Yeah - that's definitely a good point - shorter mags are more comfortable for bench shooting for sure.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah - that's definitely a good point - shorter mags are more comfortable for bench shooting for sure.
View Quote

Yep...  Also handy when letting buddies shoot a mag from your HK!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:11:29 PM EDT
[#4]
saw an SP5 in Scheels (in the Colony, TX store) today...it was over $3400 but it was described as a 'kit' with a telescoping arm brace, etc.

FYI

dh
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 6:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
saw an SP5 in Scheels (in the Colony, TX store) today...it was over $3400 but it was described as a 'kit' with a telescoping arm brace, etc.

FYI

dh
View Quote

Scheels by me has had a Colt 6920 with ACOG "Package" for $2600 - I guess theyre trying to jazz shit up!
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#6]
It's funny - when I called to check the status of my order, I hear the guy on the phone tell another employee, "Yeah, it's one of the Sp5 guys."

He said one guy bought 6.

I guess the cat's out of the bag - everyone and their mother knows Scheel's is the place to find 'em for non-rape prices.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's funny - when I called to check the status of my order, I hear the guy on the phone tell another employee, "Yeah, it's one of the Sp5 guys."

He said one guy bought 6.

I guess the cat's out of the bag - everyone and their mother knows Scheel's is the place to find 'em for non-rape prices.
View Quote

That’s stupid, they limit to two boxes of ammo per caliber...  but yeah, you can buy a 6-pack of SP5s.  Unreal
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That’s stupid, they limit to two boxes of ammo per caliber...  but yeah, you can buy a 6-pack of SP5s.  Unreal
View Quote

Yep.  You know who ever bought the 6 SP5s has the intent to sell most of them for profit.  Grrrrr
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yep.  You know who ever bought the 6 SP5s has the intent to sell most of them for profit.  Grrrrr
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's stupid, they limit to two boxes of ammo per caliber...  but yeah, you can buy a 6-pack of SP5s.  Unreal

Yup - no doubt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I don’t understand some of the Scheel’s stores logic in allowing those several states away to buy the SP5 at a significant discount to the current market price. I’d think they’d want to keep them for in-store sales to regular customers. If I lived locally and was a regular customer I’d be pretty frustrated with this policy.

That said, I’m glad for those that are able to call and get a gun they’ve always wanted at a fair price. Those buying (multiple) for resale, not so much.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don’t understand some of the Scheel’s stores logic in allowing those several states away to buy the SP5 at a significant discount to the current market price. I’d think they’d want to keep them for in-store sales to regular customers. If I lived locally and was a regular customer I’d be pretty frustrated with this policy.

That said, I’m glad for those that are able to call and get a gun they’ve always wanted at a fair price. Those buying (multiple) for resale, not so much.
View Quote

Their logic is pretty simple to me. Scheels exists to sell to consumers, no matter their location.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:14:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

"If you've got the money honey we've got your disease."
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Well I feel like I hit the lottery.  Walked into a local dealer to buy a $15 molle pouch. Walked out with a New Hk sp5 priced at $2600 after tax it was $2810 out the door. I forgot all about the pouch I went it to buy lol.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:51:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Well I feel like I hit the lottery.  Walked into a local dealer to buy a $15 molle pouch. Walked out with a New Hk sp5 priced at $2600 after tax it was $2810 out the door. I forgot all about the pouch I went it to buy lol.
View Quote

You’re not going to make any friends around here bragging like that.

Seriously, congrats. You’ll enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 8:53:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome dude. Thats simply awesome.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Outstanding. Congratulations.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:12:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Is the 10 round version identical to the 30 round version, other than the mag?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:22:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is the 10 round version identical to the 30 round version, other than the mag?
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:22:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone in this thread get in on the 5 pack of leo mags for 330 from shield spear armanent last week? Curious to see condition and pics.

Already see people reselling their orders on the equipment exchange on here..lol
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:28:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Big ol butthurt going on with those mags right now.  There’s a 5 pager over on the hkpro forum
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Big ol butthurt going on with those mags right now.  There's a 5 pager over on the hkpro forum
View Quote
https://www.hkpro.com/threads/hk-mp5-le-marked-mags-5-for-330-eta-out-of-stock-now.535364/

A lot of whining for an ok price on used mags

sounds like they were expecting NOS LE marked magazines.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
https://www.hkpro.com/threads/hk-mp5-le-marked-mags-5-for-330-eta-out-of-stock-now.535364/

A lot of whining for an ok price on used mags

sounds like they were expecting NOS LE marked magazines.
View Quote

Yeah.  That was not a great price, absent LEO markings, when Primary Arms has them for $69 new.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Fde mags for 68 use code HK15

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/hk/en/Handgun-Parts/Magazines/SP5-MP5-30rd-FDE-Magazine/p/50223552
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:31:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://us.hkwebshop.com/hkstorefront/hk/en/Handgun-Parts/Magazines/SP5-MP5-30rd-FDE-Magazine/p/50223552
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:24:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Outstanding.  Picked up a couple.  Thanks, Bud.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 4:55:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Huh. I had no idea they made FDE mags. Cool
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Sounds like the best bet is to just keep calling sheels locations until I find one that is in stock and will ship?  Any key words or phrases to get that out of state pricing and get it shipped?  Just glad these are still available. For now.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Sounds like the best bet is to just keep calling sheels locations until I find one that is in stock and will ship?  Any key words or phrases to get that out of state pricing and get it shipped?  Just glad these are still available. For now.
View Quote

That's how I got mine.  

Monitor online threads and then start calling once word is passed regarding availability.

No key words or phrases.  I just said, "I'm an out of state buyer, can you please ship it to my FFL?"  It was no problem and the guy I spoke with knew the drill.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:09:58 PM EDT
[#29]
FYI:  Top Gun supply has the PDW version in stock for $4299 at this moment
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:40:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That's how I got mine.  

Monitor online threads and then start calling once word is passed regarding availability.

No key words or phrases.  I just said, "I'm an out of state buyer, can you please ship it to my FFL?"  It was no problem and the guy I spoke with knew the drill.
View Quote

Excellent!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Locked and Loaded has the SP5 listed on their website for $3899.99

lockedloaded SP5
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#32]
There’s been quite a few on HK forum that has them for $36-3800 range NIB shipped from reputable seller. From what I’ve seen this is considered good given our political climate and constantly changing market for these SP5’s… weeks ago they hovered in the $4k range (not counting the Scheels prices if you can find them there)
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Good evening. Finally found an SP5 for my collection.

I am SBRing it. Can someone give me the length for the Form 1 with the A3 stock?

Also I want to replace the lower with a Navy version that's clipped and pinned. Whats the best way to do that.

Would also like to have the selectors on the factory version swapped out to the regular ones. Any idea where to find those and I assume they would work with the sp5 lower?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 7:29:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I am SBRing it. Can someone give me the length for the Form 1 with the A3 stock?

Also I want to replace the lower with a Navy version that's clipped and pinned. Whats the best way to do that.

Would also like to have the selectors on the factory version swapped out to the regular ones. Any idea where to find those and I assume they would work with the sp5 lower?

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

I used "27.17" inches on mine. That was taken directly from HK's specs for the MP5A3: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp5/mp5/technical-data.html

I believe HKparts.net sells the selectors. Make sure you get the correct ambi selector, not the SEF version.
Link Posted: 5/26/2021 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I used "27.17" inches on mine. That was taken directly from HK's specs for the MP5A3: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/products/military/submachine-guns/mp5/mp5/technical-data.html

I believe HKparts.net sells the selectors. Make sure you get the correct ambi selector, not the SEF version.
View Quote

Thank you. Seems the right side is out of stock...
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:47:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

When I SBR'd my SP5 and PDW I used the specs from Hk's website for the firearm itself with no stocks. I don't know in the future if I'll swap stocks out so I don't see the point in submitting it based on what I've decided to do at the moment
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#37]
I have a sp5 I'd be willing to trade or sell in SE Pa. Could throw it up on the EE but wanted to let you guys know first.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance!
View Quote

What do you mean by “the selectors on the factory version”? HK ambi lowers use ambi selectors, which can be two position (FBI which what is on the SP5K, SP5K-PDW, and SP5), three position (Navy and safe/semi/burst), and four position (safe/semi/burst/full). You cannot use the steel non-ambi selector lever in an ambi lower.

Your factory SP5 selector levers will work in an ambi Navy lower, but will still only move to the safe and semi position.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:48:43 AM EDT
[#39]
I seen one at a local shop and am tempted to go back and grab it Monday if it is still available. Little under 2800 new off the shelf.  I don't like the idea of going the NFA route and could slap a brace on it I guess but it's not something I need but I'm still thinking how cool it would be to have a real hk.

Passed on the a HK33 years ago
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Buy it now
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:38:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Buy it now
View Quote

If you don’t, >90% chance it won’t be there tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:19:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If you don’t, >90% chance it won’t be there tomorrow.
View Quote

If I miss out it's no biggie but they get everything in often it seems. Most of the stuff is higher priced usually but they almost have anything you would want and restock quickly.  Not saying the HK's will be that plentiful though so Monday will determine if I'm spending 3k or not

I don't need anything these days besides cool stuff that I want and I kind of hope it is gone but I'm going to FO if the 10% odds are in my favor.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#43]
This is a pretty good deal

Gunbroker sp5
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This is a pretty good deal

Gunbroker sp5
View Quote

Lol, seller rating of F(1)

Buyer beware
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Just saw this in case anyone is interested (SP5L)

dh

https://www.riflegear.com/p-15362-hk-sp5l-9mm-165-30rd-magazine.aspx

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#46]
https://www.eurooptic.com/HK-206349S-HK-SP5K-MP5-9mm-30rd-magazine-MPN-206349S.aspx
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 2:50:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
https://www.eurooptic.com/HK-206349S-HK-SP5K-MP5-9mm-30rd-magazine-MPN-206349S.aspx
View Quote

Ordered two!  Thanks man!  
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Ordered two!  Thanks man!  
View Quote

Glad some people can get in on these, always like helping fellow texans, including USMC above! Gotta look out for each other
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:38:22 AM EDT
[#49]
Following....

Looking for the SP5K-PDW. I've seen a SP5 at one of my local gun stores (EuroOptic), but they want 3,999.99 for it which is too rich for this nurses wallet and I'm really hoping to find a K-PDW version.

If anyone sees one somewhere, shoot me a message! I've signed up for almost every list I can the last couple days just waiting for an email.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Following....

Looking for the SP5K-PDW. I've seen a SP5 at one of my local gun stores (EuroOptic), but they want 3,999.99 for it which is too rich for this nurses wallet and I'm really hoping to find a K-PDW version.

If anyone sees one somewhere, shoot me a message! I've signed up for almost every list I can the last couple days just waiting for an email.
View Quote

Unfortunately 4K is normal for a PDW.  If you find one for less you’d be extremely lucky
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top