Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found someone that has a couple of SP5's available. New $4200 and used $3700. Debating on getting the used one as it is almost new. Just have a hard time letting go of the cash since the price is $1k + over where they were last year. What does the group think?

Finestkind
View Quote

Personally, I would probably wait a week or two and try to snag one around 3k new. As we have seen over the last few days, the supply is not dry yet. Set an alert for this thread and go to everywhere recently posted and set stock alerts.

Another question would be what is your availability to respond very quickly to email like regularly? If you cannot jump on a restock email you will have a very hard time finding one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I found someone that has a couple of SP5's available. New $4200 and used $3700. Debating on getting the used one as it is almost new. Just have a hard time letting go of the cash since the price is $1k + over where they were last year. What does the group think?

Finestkind
View Quote

I would regard that as a luxury.  That is a lot to spend on a PCC.  For the same money you can buy a SCAR-17, which is a vastly more capable weapon.  Assuming you are an H&K collector and just want it because you want it, then the thing to ask is whether you think there will be a future ban that will limit the availability these guns in the future.  If so then, the current price might be your best bet.  If not, then wait.  Personally, I want one, but I am not going to pay more than MSRP.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I must have signed up for an SP5 in stock notification at Kentucky Gun Company sometime in the past, because I received an email about an hour ago. Surprisingly, it's still in stock.

http://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=145516
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Let's be honest, MSRP is high for what you get, and the HK premium is definitely already baked in to that MSRP.  I'm not a buyer until the next dry spell for the industry.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I must have signed up for an SP5 in stock notification at Kentucky Gun Company sometime in the past, because I received an email about an hour ago. Surprisingly, it's still in stock.

View Quote

At $4k, I don't care if it is in stock or not.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

At $4k, I don't care if it is in stock or not.
View Quote

Yeah, I was poking fun at the price when I said "surprisingly". LOL!
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Let's be honest, MSRP is high for what you get, and the HK premium is definitely already baked in to that MSRP.  I'm not a buyer until the next dry spell for the industry.
View Quote

The guys that got them for 2300 to 2500 got bargains on my mind considering the inferior clones were 2000.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 7:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I think of it this way. If you want one, get it. If Biden bans their import via executive order, we won’t see them again.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:14:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sold my zenith for 2600.  I just got the sp5 for just under 3000.  I think I’m happy for the price I got lol

I got to give props to ranier(who I just got mine from) and aimsurplus for not gouging.  To the other retailers like kygunco grabagun gunbuyer buds etc go fuck yourselves
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Finestkind
View Quote

There’s a new SP5 on gunbroker right BIN for $3500
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I think i am going to wait a bit. It is  a lust after item that I can live with out. I will probably regret it.

Finestkind
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 10:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really.
Let's say you buy a garbage PTR for $1700.  Then you put an Ambi trigger group on it, that's another $500, then add an F bolt group,that's another $500+.  Then two German mags, that's $120+.

MSRP is a pretty great deal.  
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not really.
Let's say you buy a garbage PTR for $1700.  Then you put an Ambi trigger group on it, that's another $500, then add an F bolt group,that's another $500+.  Then two German mags, that's $120+.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not really.

Meh, Turk guns from Century will be more expensive than the HK too.  Anyone can throw money at stuff.  Doesn’t change the fact that MSRP is still a lot for the SP5, objectively speaking, in a normal market.  But that’s obviously all moot now anyway.
Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:26:07 PM EDT
[#14]
HK is not for the poors. Mine was $2999.99 + tax a month after launch. Worth every penny.

Link Posted: 12/10/2020 11:43:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
HK is not for the poors. Mine was $2999.99 + tax a month after launch. Worth every penny.

https://i.imgur.com/U5QtWLS.jpg
View Quote

$3k is a decent price for a month after launch.  But $3k on a gun doesn’t determine whether you’re a poor or not, lol.
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 12:51:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

There’s a new SP5 on gunbroker right BIN for $3500
View Quote

I’d consider a PWD there if I could find one
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Nvm.

Link Posted: 12/15/2020 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#18]
For those looking for genuine GERMAN MP5 diopter sight drums, these just came into stock a few moments ago:

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/201542

EDIT: Those didn't last long. I hope someone on here got one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Any new leads?  Still looking for one.

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 9:08:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Cheapest buy-it-now on Gunbroker at the moment:

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/887926941
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not terrible, unlike the K model, which unfortunately is what I’m looking for. But I’m not paying $5k for one on gunbroker
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#22]
AU got another batch of SP5K Euro Imports up on the site
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

All I can find is the older molder, without the tri lug barrel etc. I couldn’t find the new “PDW” model. If you saw it, please post a link
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

All I can find is the older molder, without the tri lug barrel etc. I couldn't find the new "PDW" model. If you saw it, please post a link
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I can find is the older molder, without the tri lug barrel etc. I couldn't find the new "PDW" model. If you saw it, please post a link
The Euro model is without tri lug or paddle release. That's why they are still in stock for $3k

Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I finally did it boys!!  Someone posted this afternoon that Primary Arms had the SP5 in stock at $2700. I jumped immediately and snagged it up.

The awesome part was that I had decided tonight I’d bite the bullet and buy off Gunbroker. Saved myself about $1K.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 7:48:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Damn. Congrats! I was hoping someone was posting here letting us know they was in stock somewhere. None of those sites ever sends email alerts.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 9:54:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Damn. Congrats! I was hoping someone was posting here letting us know they was in stock somewhere. None of those sites ever sends email alerts.
View Quote

I had an alert set up too but it never triggered. Someone just happened to post to Reddit and I was checked out in under 30 seconds. Thank God all my info is saved.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 10:56:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Any SP5K’s spotted recently at anywhere near MSRP?
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Retail $4,119 eh?

Lol, no. Retail is $2,799
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 12:56:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Ha, not interested at that price even if it were in stock.  Thanks though.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:11:13 PM EDT
[#31]
It’s a post riot day miracle!  Just wandered into my LGS (same one I picked up a SP5K PDW for $2300) and saw this gem on the shelf. I never have this kind of luck!!  
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 6:59:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It’s a post riot day miracle!  Just wandered into my LGS (same one I picked up a SP5K PDW for $2300) and saw this gem on the shelf. I never have this kind of luck!!  
https://i.imgur.com/4yXeP2R.jpg
View Quote

Which gunshop?  : )
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:12:55 PM EDT
[#33]
It’s called Gunnies in Orem UT.  The only bad thing is it only came with 2 10-rd mags
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 7:14:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It’s called Gunnies in Orem UT.  The only bad thing is it only came with 2 10-rd mags
View Quote

Appreciate it!

Any PDWs?
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 8:07:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Appreciate it!

Any PDWs?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appreciate it!

Any PDWs?

Unfortunately no, but I’ll bet they get more and they ship too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Not to be chicken little, but if you’ve wanted an SP5 I’d buy it now. The upcoming administration can easily ban their importation without legislation or congress. I’m not confident HK would produce these in the US just to appease the civilian market.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#37]
It looks like the SP5s are starting to trickle in again. Hinterland Outdoors had them in stock this morning for $3100. They were OOS when I saw the email, approximately 3 hours after the email blast went out at 5:15 AM EST.

Is there a single vendor who seems to get the SP5s in regularly? I am on a lot of email alert lists but it seems the majority of them do not actually send out in stock alerts.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:17:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neutered mags, gross.  But if you've got a pile already not bad.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:31:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the 10rd mags are but I have a decent amount and for the price I would have taken no mags with that deal.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#40]
I understand Dead on Arms in Minnesota has an SP5 in stock for $2,999.  I called looking for an SP5K PDW.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:13:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I understand Dead on Arms in Minnesota has an SP5 in stock for $2,999.  I called looking for an SP5K PDW.

Good luck!
View Quote

Got it, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Got it, thanks!
View Quote

I called and talked to them. I really want the PDW though, so I passed.  You’re welcome
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:37:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Any chance finding the pdw at msrp?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Any chance finding the pdw at msrp?
View Quote

There is no chance of finding a PDW, period.  Aside from the ridiculous prices going on Gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Any leads? Hoping to find one for less than $3100
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#46]
My two grail guns.  I’m just waiting on my eforms to make these complete.  Never thought I’d have real Hks.  Get them if you can!  The quality is amazing!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Euro model In stock again

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-SP5K-9mm-Pistol-p/hk-m750900-a5.htm
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:49:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My two grail guns.  I’m just waiting on my eforms to make these complete.  Never thought I’d have real Hks.  Get them if you can!  The quality is amazing!
https://i.imgur.com/XJwn821.jpg
View Quote

Regret not getting 2 ks now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#49]
I’ve been kicking around buying one of the euro models and having the barrel swapped with a B&T.
I’d love to fine a SP5K in a local shop for MSRP but I think finding Bigfoot in there might be more likely.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I’ve been kicking around buying one of the euro models and having the barrel swapped with a B&T.
I’d love to fine a SP5K in a local shop for MSRP but I think finding Bigfoot in there might be more likely.
View Quote

I spoke to a dealer today who told me he did not have one in stock yet but one of his workers was at a gun show and was picking one up and he asked if I could call back next week to buy it. I asked him the price and he asked me what MSRP was... I told him I believed MSRP was $2699 and he said his guy paid over $2800 for this SP5K-PDW.

Fingers crossed, but I am not all that confident this is a real SP5K-PDW that was for sale at a gun sow for $2800... but we will see.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top