Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2018 12:45:44 PM EDT
I recently acquired a Webley WG and need some black powder .455 ammo for it, but it seems nobody sells it. In case anyone asks, smokeless powder in these are a no-go. I only want to shoot a few rounds in it, so buying everything needed to load my own is a waste of money. All I have a is a Lee single stage press, so unless it's cost efficient enough I'd rather just buy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This guy.  http://gadcustomcartridges.com/

I'm having him do a batch of Martini-Henry ammo for me right now.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:42:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Excellent! Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 4:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well never mind that. The guy answered the phone extremely annoyed even though his website says to call him. In a still annoyed state he told me he could make the ammo, but didn't know when because he was so busy. When I asked "Is there a later date I should try and call back?" he told me 3 to 4 months in an even more annoyed manner. I just said "okay, sorry to bother you." and he hung up the phone.

Honestly, I wouldn't order from this guy in any case after my brief phone call with him. Soooooo, I'm still looking for a source for this ammo if anyone knows of one.
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy smokeless loads pull bullet and replace powder with black and reseat bullet ( a 45 auto or Colt die readjusted can work)
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
You have the press, get some Trail Boss powder and load some lead bullets.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 2:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Starline has started making brass in this caliber.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:16:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I may just have to load it myself then. I'll check out the Starline brass and go from there. Thanks everyone for the replies.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:46:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Dixie Gun Works sells a bullet mould specifically for the Webley, it’s a 265 hollow based bullet—they might even sell cast soft lead bullets in this design.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By @RevolverRO:
Dixie Gun Works sells a bullet mould specifically for the Webley, it’s a 265 hollow based bullet—they might even sell cast soft lead bullets in this design.
View Quote
My google foo is weak tonight.
Do you have linkage?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Try the British Militaria Forum on Yuku.
I've an 1894 WG Army that saw service in WW1 with smokeless loads.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top