BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 267
Posted: 3/24/2009 10:22:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dryflash3]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Okay, since everyone is being shy, I'll start.  Has anyone backordered primers from Grafs in the past couple of months?  If you have, what was the wait time for them to fill your order?

I REFUSE to pay $100 per K to have them now like some wacko's on gunbroker, but I would love to get the press running again.

Please share your experiences with ordering items on backorder from Grafs or any of the other big names.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:56:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I backordered 10,000 CCI NATO spec small rifle primers from Graff today.

I'll let you all know how long it took sometime this summer.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 2:08:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Guido1:
Okay, since everyone is being shy, I'll start.  Has anyone backordered primers from Grafs in the past couple of months?  If you have, what was the wait time for them to fill your order?

I REFUSE to pay $100 per K to have them now like some wacko's on gunbroker, but I would love to get the press running again.

Please share your experiences with ordering items on backorder from Grafs or any of the other big names.

Thanks!

On Feb 26th, I ordered 5k LP, 5k SP, 10k SR, and 16 lbs of AA2230.  Got my ship confirmation today, supposedly they had it in stock last Monday, just didn't realize my CC expired right after I ordered and were trying to get a hold of me.  All of it was ready to ship, I did cancel the powder because I had already gotten it though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:38:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks!  1 month is tolerable during these times I guess.  And for me its worth the wait since they're not price gouging.

The wait can't get much worse because I'd imagine the manufacturers are stepping up their operations to cash in while they can.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:25:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:29:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#6]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:06:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Just to practice what I preech.....

I just ordered 5K CCI SPP and 4 lbs of titegroup from Graf and Son's today (28 Mar)

I'll update when I it arrives......hopefully they fill within a month or so, but I'm not holding my breath.  If they suprise me and do show within 30 days I will definetly be placing a much larger order.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Ive been lucky to find some at my local fun shop.  Whenever I am in there I look at the primers in stock.  

Currently I have about 2k or LP

3k of SP

2k of LR

and 1500 SR

Some of them are CCI and some are Federal, and a few are Winchester.

The most I paid for a K is 35 and that was last week for the Federal SP

I just wish I could find a local source for some plated or jacketed .355's and .451's I dont want to buy in lots of 1k on them Id like to be able to do it in lots of 500 or so for now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:04:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pdmenger] [#9]
Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin75:
Ive been lucky to find some at my local fun shop.  Whenever I am in there I look at the primers in stock.  

3k of SP

2k of LR

and 1500 SR

I just wish I could find a local source for some plated or jacketed .355's and .451's I dont want to buy in lots of 1k on them Id like to be able to do it in lots of 500 or so for now.

Have you tried Berrys?  I haven't ordered anything from them yet cause I just picked up 4 boxes of 250 at sportsmans,  but they're advertising free shipping on their plated bullets if you order more than $50 worth.  I was planning on using them when I got low so if anyone knows about how long it takes to put an order through I'd appreciate it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:25:31 AM EDT
[#10]
When back ordering with grafs, do they ship items as they come in or will they hold all of the items until everything is in stock and ship it all together?  i.e. order powder and primers of various brands and quantities and none of it is in stock currently.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:13:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Hopefully they don't take more than a month or two, I just ordered 15k CCI small rifle and 5k CCI small pistol primers yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Hit or miss... I found 10K+ SRPs @ Graf and Sons and Wideners last month at "normal" prices.  However, they're normally gone within hours.  

For anybody looking for .458 bullets, Barnes is now committed to a purpose built, Tier 1 bullet for the 458 SOCOM; regardless, this should be awesome out of a 460 XVR, 45-70 or any other .458 based caliber:  Pre-Order Barnes’ New .458 SOCOM TAC-TX™ Bullet by March 31st!  –– You'll never find them cheaper.  (There are some folks over at the 458 SOCOM forum willing to split the order into less than 500)

Good luck to all the hoarders out there!  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:13:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By pdmenger:
Originally Posted By Outsydlooknin75:

3k of SP

2k of LR

and 1500 SR

Have you tried Berrys?  I haven't ordered anything from them yet cause I just picked up 4 boxes of 250 at sportsmans,  but they're advertising free shipping on their plated bullets if you order more than $50 worth.  I was planning on using them when I got low so if anyone knows about how long it takes to put an order through I'd appreciate it.

I've been waiting on Berry's for just under 3 weeks now.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmjohnson] [#14]
This rule was new to me.  

Oh well.

Personally I think it's a bit silly.   We can post all kinds of nonsense in GD and nobody says anything about it, but

a PAYING MEMBER can't ask about where today's best ammo bargains are?

Sorry, but I don't see that as being fair, equitable, or even sensible.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:39:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By AeroE:
The new threads are slowing down, a little.  There were still a half dozen or more alive that got in under the deadline.

AeroE, do you have the ability to "red highlight" this tacked thread, so that it is more easily seen by those who don't expect there to be new tacked threads?  Sort of like what Ed Sr. did in the reloading section of the EE; I bet it would end all of the new posts that have to be deleted.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 12:18:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#17]
There is still good stuff out there guys. I just ordered some Viht. and Fed. SPM and LPM primers from "Brunos"  and some Winc. LR and LRM primers from "TnT". You'll have to keep looking ALL the time, but it is out there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#18]
For those of you looking for IMR 4895, Wideners has it in today (8lb jugs).
Link Posted: 3/31/2009 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Midway has Winchester large pistol primers as of now: Link
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 12:21:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Wow.  Midway sent me an email when the Win Large Pistol primers came in.  I went to the website immediately and they were already sold out…within seconds.  

I check all the websites I know about for primers hourly.  I have only about 200 SR and 500 LP left so I guess I won’t be going to the range anymore...  Just want enough primers to keep up my hobby…

Speaking of which…I did check Gunbroker just in case someone was selling them at a semi-reasonable price.  It was MUCH worse then I expected.  I now know why Midway sold out so fast…these SOBs on Gunbroker buy all the primers up to make a HUGE profit.  There are MANY SR primers on there selling at a ‘Buy Now’ price of $425 per 5000!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT?!?!?!?!?  People are actually buying them too.  That’s just insane.  I will wait out the storm rather then spending that much.  

To all those dirty bastards out there buying up all the primers and other components to make an obscene profit and making my hobby impossible…if you don’t need them, don’t buy them!  

I knew a gun-grab was coming after the election but I never once considered that the reloading supplies would dry up…and I was upset last year when lead shot was selling for over $60 per bag.  That has nothing on this situation…
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Does anyone know where I might be able to find some SS109 spec bullets or loaded ammo?  Yes I know I'm asking a lot here.  Thought one of you studs might have some insight.  IMR 4895 Still in stock on Wideners.  No primes though.  
When is the last time Wideners had the SS109's in stock?
Link Posted: 4/1/2009 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By hollohas:
Wow.  Midway sent me an email when the Win Large Pistol primers came in.  I went to the website immediately and they were already sold out…within seconds.

That happened to me so I kept hitting refresh and I was able to order. I believe their notification emails about stock being available is really it will be available shortly (not sure, this is my first instock email I received from Midway). The email stated that they were available as of 6:45 but I received the email way before that. I refreshed a little after 6:45 PM Eastern and was able to order.

Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#23]

To all those dirty bastards out there buying up all the primers and other components to make an obscene profit and making my hobby impossible…if you don’t need them, don’t buy them!  

Buy a 22 rimfire rifle, a good one.  The ammo is readily available and even the really good stuff is relatively inexpensive.  Then you will learn to shoot.  Try shooting at 100 yards.  If you have mastered that, move to 200 yards.  When primers and ammo become available again, you will be a better marksman.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 1:32:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Got more then one and that’s what I’m doing to pass the time although I don’t remember saying I don’t know how to shoot.  I agree that a .22LR is a great tool to learn marksmanship skills and I do enjoy shooting rimfire but it is useless for the long range prairie dog hunting that is part of the ‘hobby’ I mentioned.  

Although, to your point, a .22 conversion is a good way to keep up defensive handgun skills as ammo and components are in short supply.

Reloading is equally as much a hobby of mine as shooting.  I don’t just reload so I can shoot, I actually enjoy reloading.  It’s frustrating that I have been reloading for so long but now I can’t because people who don’t actually reload are taking advantage.

Take a chill pill people.  Stop hoarding and stop buying $425 cases of primers.  They wouldn’t be gouging if you weren’t buying.  

Rather then hoarding guns, ammo and components because you are scared that there will be another AWB or worse, call and write your Senators and Congressmen.  Do your part to make sure that doesn’t happen again.  Tell them that you are against any new firearm bans.  Make sure they know they will lose your vote if they don’t lookout for you.  And more importantly, do your research before every vote and vote for politicians who will lookout for you and your Second Amendment rights.  Now is the time.  Don’t sit in your basement stockpiling in case it does happen.  Get out and do your part to prevent it.  Get involved.
Link Posted: 4/3/2009 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Rather then hoarding guns, ammo and components because you are scared that there will be another AWB or worse, call and write your Senators and Congressmen.  Do your part to make sure that doesn’t happen again.  Tell them that you are against any new firearm bans.  Make sure they know they will lose your vote if they don’t lookout for you.  And more importantly, do your research before every vote and vote for politicians who will lookout for you and your Second Amendment rights.  Now is the time.  Don’t sit in your basement stockpiling in case it does happen.  Get out and do your part to prevent it.  Get involved.

You realize people are buying HOPING this stuff gets banned so they can cash out, right? Probably not the ARFCOM folks, though.

Fear equally if the ban does not happen, because their wives/parents will eventually make them get rid of it, and we may be facing a deluge of primers that have been kept under a porch for 2, 4 or 8 years.
Link Posted: 4/4/2009 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By 82_Airborne:
Does anyone know where I might be able to find some SS109 spec bullets or loaded ammo?  Yes I know I'm asking a lot here.  Thought one of you studs might have some insight.  IMR 4895 Still in stock on Wideners.  No primes though.  
When is the last time Wideners had the SS109's in stock?

Little birdie says soon.  Keep watching.

Link Posted: 4/6/2009 12:18:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Does anyone know which companies combine powder and primers under one hazmat fee? Also if a person were to backorder powder and primers and they came in at different times if a company would hold whatever came in first so that there would only be one shipping fee?

I have found some powder in stock, but I would need to back order primers large rifle, small rifle and small pistol as these are not to be found.  I really don't want to pay $60 in hazmat if each one comes in stock at different times.  While I like midwayusa they will charge you shipping on every backordered item separately.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#29]
I've ordered primers and powder through Powder Valley before and they will only charge you one hazmat fee.  They have some powder in right now but of course no primers currently.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Well this is an epic thread.

Instead of having a thread to discuss component availability, all that has been done is to stop the discussion all together.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#31]
There is a lot of 270 ammo out there, 270 owners need to step up to the plate and start hoarding like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By pdg45acp:
There is a lot of 270 ammo out there, 270 owners need to step up to the plate and start hoarding like the rest of us.

+1
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 1:34:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: copper_head] [#34]
SS109s.....Wideners....now.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Awesome, Thanks. That's what this thread is good for.
Link Posted: 4/15/2009 2:44:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By copper_head:
SS109s.....Wideners....now.

Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 4/16/2009 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm so frustrated.  Last night I bought 1k Hornady 55gr FMJ for $103.  Nobody else had them in stock.  I just checked, and now midway and Midsouth have them

Midsouth has them for $18/250
http://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item.asp?sku=001532267B250

Midway has them now too $12/100
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=1165165907
Link Posted: 4/19/2009 3:37:27 AM EDT
[#38]
accurateshooter.com bulletin:

April 1, 2009 (april fool or real)

Major commodities exchanges announced that they would commence trading of cartridge primers and primer futures contracts, starting on April 2, 2009. This marks the first time that an ammunition component will be exchange-traded, alongside oil, gas, precious metals, and agricultural products. Federal, CCI, Remington, and Wolf primers will be listed on the NYMEX (N.Y. Mercantile Exchange), CME Group (Chicago Mercantile Exchange), and the USFE (U.S. Futures Exchange).

“Primers may be the pork-bellies of the future.” — V. DeMarco, Commodity Trader

Link Posted: 4/20/2009 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone kind enough to share any leads for hornady shell plates #8, 16 and 45? I have looked every where local,  and online and have had my backorder pushed back 3 months from midway :-/ I have over 800 worth of supplies and a new press that's nothing more than an expensive paper weight.
Link Posted: 4/20/2009 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#40]
SSA has 6.8 brass in stock.

Grafs has Hornady 6.8 brass in stock, as well as Privi and Norma 7.5 swiss brass plus Privi and Lapua 7.62 x 54 brass.

Wideners has 145 gr, 168 gr, and 175 gr(M118) .30 cal bullets in stock.

Gibrass.com has 7.62N brass in stock.

Looks like brassmanbrass.com has once fired LC, speer, winchester and PMC 5.56 brass in stock.

Link Posted: 4/22/2009 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By JesseCJC:
Anyone kind enough to share any leads for hornady shell plates #8, 16 and 45? I have looked every where local,  and online and have had my backorder pushed back 3 months from midway :-/ I have over 800 worth of supplies and a new press that's nothing more than an expensive paper weight.

check your email  
Link Posted: 4/22/2009 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Just got it, I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 3:55:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#43]
Originally Posted By OFFSHORE:

Instead of having a thread to discuss component availability, all that has been done is to stop the discussion all together.

I'm going to have to agree with this comment, I posted about H335 1lb and 8lb being in stock, right now. Only to find out the post was deleted as one of the "kills". I understand that the forum doesn't need to be cluttered up with product availability posts, but thought we reloaders would like to know.
I feel like the info could have been moved rather than deleted,from now on I'll keep the info off of this board and post it elsewhere. Sorry.

I thought this forum was kind of a team, not so sure I feel that way anymore.

I understand running a forum this big is tough, but....

Link Posted: 4/23/2009 4:29:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Midway USA has the following in stock (and not yet sold out as of 3:24pm CT):
Remington Large Pistol Primers #2-1/2 Box of 1000 (10 Trays of 100)
AND
Remington Large Rifle Primers #9-1/2 Box of 1000 (10 Trays of 100)

They'll probably sell out within the hour, so get them now.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

I'm going to have to agree with this comment, I posted about H335 1lb and 8lb being in stock, right now. Only to find out the post was deleted as one of the "kills". I understand that the forum doesn't need to be cluttered up with product availability posts, but thought we reloaders would like to know.
I feel like the info could have been moved rather than deleted,from now on I'll keep the info off of this board and post it elsewhere. Sorry.

This thread is here for you to post that info in. That's why it's tacked at the top of the forum.
Link Posted: 4/23/2009 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By machinisttx:
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:

This thread is here for you to post that info in. That's why it's tacked at the top of the forum.

Maybe a tacked thread just about products available "right now" would be better. Or at least a different heading.
Just my two cents.

Anyhow, the end result of my posting in the wrong "spot" is not helping the guys who could use some H335 or BLC2 "right now". Before its gone. And judging by the "kills' number, I'm probably not the only one "posting" in the wrong area.

Link Posted: 4/27/2009 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#47]
For those wanting pistol powder, Wideners at time of this posting has 8lb jugs of AA#5, 7, 9 in stock, and 5lb jugs of AA#2

http://www.wideners.com/itemview.cfm?dir=278|283|307
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 12:58:10 AM EDT
[#48]
55 gr hornady FMJ BULK PACK!

$449 Shipped for 6000  (7.5 cents per)

This hasn't been in for a while.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 8:17:11 AM EDT
[#49]
What are the chances of small rifle primers being available sometime before Christmas?

This is getting aggravating. What kind of company can't get their product back into circulation after 2 months? Small pistol, large pistol and large rifle have been restocked and back ordered twice since then and still no small rifle.
Link Posted: 4/28/2009 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By 82_Airborne:
55 gr hornady FMJ BULK PACK!

$449 Shipped for 6000  (7.5 cents per)

This hasn't been in for a while.

WHERE????????????????????
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 267
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top