Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I got the same shipping notice, should be here on Thursday.
Thanks for the link and thanks Mod Armory for a sweet deal.
Link Posted: 2/24/2020 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey not a problem. I'll try to post up anything similar that I see pop up on IG or whatever. Most of the discussions around here end in "just buy a MAWL" (rightly so) so it's nice to see more of them hitting the market to be able to keep spreading the good word.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hey not a problem. I'll try to post up anything similar that I see pop up on IG or whatever. Most of the discussions around here end in "just buy a MAWL" (rightly so) so it's nice to see more of them hitting the market to be able to keep spreading the good word.
View Quote
Especially now since Flannel Daddy put up his youtube video. Sigh, there goes even more MAWL's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TLLXOpknd8
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#4]
got my mawl in today from mod armory
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:05:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Especially now since Flannel Daddy put up his youtube video. Sigh, there goes even more MAWL's

View Quote
I think you underestimate how cheap gun owners are.

38k views.

I bet <1k have NODs.

Of them, 90% have one or know what a MAWL is. They just choose to buy a DBAL I2 because it’s “just as good as and I never really use my NV anyway”
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 7:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I think you underestimate how cheap gun owners are.

38k views.

I bet <1k have NODs.

Of them, 90% have one or know what a MAWL is. They just choose to buy a DBAL I2 because it’s “just as good as and I never really use my NV anyway”
View Quote
OK sure

ETA: read that as sarcastic.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

OK sure

ETA: read that as sarcastic.
View Quote
I mean...hes not really wrong.

Most gun owners are super cheap asses that insist their garbage covered in trash is "just as good" as actual good stuff.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Meh, I live in a wealthy area, take from it what you will.

But ignoring that he didn't just sell a bunch to people who actually have cash is probably wrong.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:28:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh, I live in a wealthy area, take from it what you will.

But ignoring that he didn't just sell a bunch to people who actually have cash is probably wrong.
View Quote
I don’t understand the second part of your quote. I wasn’t being sarcastic. I have never in my entire life been around so many misers than whenever I am near gun people.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Made it hot. Ya know this was a pretty darn good video. The only other MAWL vid I thought was damn good was from Chuck Pressburg who's also a damn good NV instructor who has killed more bad guys than the plague.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=877F1_UYe_w
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Mod armory states Mid March for black MAWLs. Wonder if any other vendors will get them in sooner.

I have my credit card ready.

Link Posted: 2/27/2020 4:00:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Mod armory states Mid March for black MAWLs. Wonder if any other vendors will get them in sooner.

I have my credit card ready.

View Quote
I saw a post from Weapons Outfitters saying they were going to be getting black ones mid March as well. Guess that’s when BE Meyers is sending more out. I’d love to find one sooner as well.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 4:42:38 PM EDT
[#14]
About to post my FDE MAWL here on the EE. It does have the EC1 tail cap though. Just heads up...

Edit: If there is any interest
Link Posted: 3/3/2020 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I joined the new back log list yesterday for a FDE toolless tail cap rig.  Did anyone else receive an email from customer service wanting s copy of your drivers license and some export regulation paperwork to fill out?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I joined the new back log list yesterday for a FDE toolless tail cap rig.  Did anyone else receive an email from customer service wanting s copy of your drivers license and some export regulation paperwork to fill out?
View Quote
Yes, I had to fill that out and send it back when I ordered mine.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 10:20:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I filled out the form and emailed it back. They didnt reply confirming they got it but a couple weeks later mine shipped.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 11:12:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I filled out the form and emailed it back. They didnt reply confirming they got it but a couple weeks later mine shipped.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you guys for the confirmation
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:30:05 PM EDT
[#19]
These are still OOS everywhere.

And they went up in price. Any news?

Maybe the value of mine just went up and I should sell it and grab a grey market PEQ.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not an upsell.. Just speaking from many years in this bidness. Same rules apply for grey market stuff. You'll never get them repaired if they go down and many have had the dreaded "knock on the door in the middle of the night".
View Quote

People really getting visits from alphabet boys at night over ill gotten peqs? I dont have any so I'm not worried but I have had a few people offer to sell me full power stuff when I was searching for another mawl.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Bummed to see the prices jumping all over lately. Most retailers seem to stick to the same price across the board on these, so I’d jump on it if you can find someone with the ‘old pricing’ still.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:16:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

BE Meyers enforces a very strict MAP Price for their vendors, and always has.
View Quote

Oh I understand that. Just looking across different sites right now it appears some people have yet to raise their prices... so basically telling guys to jump on them if they can before they all catch up with whatever the new MAP is.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 4:37:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I said it earlier in this thread I think, but wasn't able to talk about the RPC at that time.

Again, my guess would be that most if not all of the "old" price listings are for out-of-stock/no backorder units, and that as soon as they come back in stock, the price will jump up to the new MAP.

At the same time, I believe that there are still some "NOS" of the non-RPC MAWL-C1+s that are shipping out, and some vendors may still have them in inventory (kind doubt it, but you never know, hahaha) to sell, so those could potentially be found at slightly lower pricing.

Of course, it's always possible that you might find a vendor still selling them (whether backorder/preorder or inventory stock) that B. E. Meyers hasn't caught yet (I got a MAP violation notice a while back for forgetting to update the price of Surefire DG switches... oops , but manufacturers do check, and B. E. Meyers doesn't have that many vendors), in which case--definitely jump on it, because it's not going to stay that way for long...

~Augee
View Quote

whats this RPC you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

whats this RPC you speak of?
View Quote

Replaceable propeller cap, the mawl I just received this week from my back order from MOD armory did not have this feature and it was built the end of February
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Not an upsell.. Just speaking from many years in this bidness. Same rules apply for grey market stuff. You'll never get them repaired if they go down and many have had the dreaded "knock on the door in the middle of the night".
View Quote

Not afraid of a knock on the door. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it’s not a concern of mine.

Lack of repair options is a concern. It always has been. But with new MAWLs now commanding $2750 I can damn near buy a PEQ, immediately throw it in the trash, buy another one, and still be in the same financial position. I’m not a cheap-o but I’m way more familiar with PEQs as well.

Further, I already own a MAWL and can say definitively that at half the cost a full price PEQ is a no brainer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not afraid of a knock on the door. Not saying it doesn’t happen, but it’s not a concern of mine.

Lack of repair options is a concern. It always has been. But with new MAWLs now commanding $2750 I can damn near buy a PEQ, immediately throw it in the trash, buy another one, and still be in the same financial position. I’m not a cheap-o but I’m way more familiar with PEQs as well.

Further, I already own a MAWL and can say definitively that at half the cost a full price PEQ is a no brainer.
View Quote

Where do you find full power peqs for 1375?
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#30]
They went to me.

I have them all.

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Where do you find full power peqs for 1375?
View Quote

Agency buy. Actually cheaper than that.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:47:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
They went to me.

I have them all.

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/1/2020 10:41:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Replaceable propeller cap, the mawl I just received this week from my back order from MOD armory did not have this feature and it was built the end of February
View Quote

Thanks. I'm guessing the mawl I got from mod armory in Feb also doesn't have it. Is it a really big deal or what? I've had another mawl for over a year and haven't had trouble with it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:09:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I backordered a MAWL from TNVC in December. Received it the beginning of March. Date of manufacture “Feb 2020” and I was very pleased that I got the “updated” RPC
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 1:42:49 AM EDT
[#35]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top