Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2018 4:28:01 PM EDT
I need a lower for a SBR build and am trying to simplify the process a little bit. Is there anyone out there I can order a lower from that will engrave my info right there before they send it to my FFL? I'd prefer a lower from a higher end manufacturer like BCM, LMT, or Noveske but it doesn't really matter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:16:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard of any manufacture doing specialized engraving. You should purchase your lower first to get the serial number so you can file for the form 1 and then have it engraved exactly as the maker's name and address appears on line 4h in "Additional Description".  It's pretty easy to have someone locally do it for you. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I think EDC tactical can hook you up. They sale nice billet lowers and offer custom engraving. Should be around $75-80 last I checked. They have some pretty cool looking lower designs.

EDIT: LINK
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:26:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the wrong info, I was unaware. my-bad
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing says you can't engrave before filing the F1.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#5]
That's correct, as long as it the same info as on the form. I've engraved my while waiting on it to clear.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a stripped lower from Capitol Armory and had them engrave it while it was there. I just sent them an e-mail letting them know I what I wanted. Came out perfect. $50 to engrave it and you save on shipping.

THSF might be able to do the same and their engraving fee is cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nothing says you can't engrave before filing the F1.
View Quote
I had mine engraved first. I wanted to make sure it was right before turning in the paper work.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:48:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had mine engraved first. I wanted to make sure it was right before turning in the paper work.
View Quote
When I did my first sbr I drove a hour to a known good engraver and had him do the current sbr I was working on and everything else’s I planned on SBRing over the next 1.5 years. As of last month I ran out of all of my engraved lowers and now have to get 2 engraved.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I bought mine at manventureoutpost.com
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I got in on a group buy back in 2010 they offered engraving for a few bucks more so I had it done,.. now fast forward 8 years  I just submitted efile F1 on that lower last week
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#11]
You could purchase a lower from Tar Heel State Firearms and have them engrave it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:30:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought a stripped lower from Capitol Armory and had them engrave it while it was there. I just sent them an e-mail letting them know I what I wanted. Came out perfect. $50 to engrave it and you save on shipping.

View Quote
Came here to post this...

got a Capitol Armory lower and had them engrave it in the trigger well.
Had them send off the form 1 for me too..
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 1:44:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:35:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You can buy a factory SBR and then you don’t even need your engraving because the original manufacturer is still the SBR manufacturer. Form 4 instead of Form 1.
View Quote
Yeah but most factory SBRs cost about 3x too much. IMO
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You can buy a factory SBR and then you don’t even need your engraving because the original manufacturer is still the SBR manufacturer. Form 4 instead of Form 1.
View Quote
I can eform 1 a lower and have my SBR in 2 weeks. If I bought a factory SBR the form 4 will take 6+ months.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:01:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I need a lower for a SBR build and am trying to simplify the process a little bit. Is there anyone out there I can order a lower from that will engrave my info right there before they send it to my FFL? I'd prefer a lower from a higher end manufacturer like BCM, LMT, or Noveske but it doesn't really matter.
View Quote
@mak0

May not meet your criteria but Del-ton provides the engraving service you seek. $15.00 for custom start.

Lower Receiver
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:13:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Well, if your lower has your information engraved on it (as the SBR manufacturer) when it arrives at your FFL, that creates a bit of a conundrum on his books doesn't it?
View Quote
No, there shouldn't be any issue. There's no legal issue with having your name or other personal info (or anything really) engraved on a firearm. All that matters is that the original manufacturer's info is intact and not defaced in any way.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, if your lower has your information engraved on it (as the SBR manufacturer) when it arrives at your FFL, that creates a bit of a conundrum on his books doesn't it?
View Quote
Since it is a receiver, most FFLs will know to log it in with the OEM as the MFG.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:50:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah but most factory SBRs cost about 3x too much. IMO
View Quote
You should be able to get one for under a grand
Check capitol armory
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:15:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Its way to simple just to buy your lower and send it to Ident for laser engraving.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I understand you OP.

Would be super nice to have the engraving done prior to anodizing.   Would look really slick.

I don’t have any that fit that description.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:52:40 PM EDT
[#24]
The last few i’ve done, I had my receiver sent directly to my engraver, and then just had them send it to my ffl.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:30:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just buy a lower, send it out for engraving, you'll have it back in 2 weeks anyway. Any of the good engravers will blacken the engraved characters, I had a couple done 11 years ago and they still look like the engraving was done prior to anodizing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can eform 1 a lower and have my SBR in 2 weeks. If I bought a factory SBR the form 4 will take 6+ months.
Just buy a lower, send it out for engraving, you'll have it back in 2 weeks anyway. Any of the good engravers will blacken the engraved characters, I had a couple done 11 years ago and they still look like the engraving was done prior to anodizing.
Ok, now you're just making things up
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Ok, now you're just making things up
View Quote
It must make logging in one of those Unicorn lowers super awkward.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 5:49:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Which part? The part about having 2 "manufacturers" listed when the FFL logs the receiver, or the part about my own receivers being engraved back in 2007?
View Quote
The part of having two manufacturers.   That’s completely fabricated.

I can engrave my trust information on a lower and never register it as an SBR.  Means nothing.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:58:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Till its an approved Form1, the engraving is purely cosmetic- it means nothing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And transfer it through an FFL that way? With both manufacturers listed? Ok maybe you’re right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The part of having two manufacturers.   That’s completely fabricated.

I can engrave my trust information on a lower and never register it as an SBR.  Means nothing.
And transfer it through an FFL that way? With both manufacturers listed? Ok maybe you’re right.
There aren't two manufacturers.  The manufacturer is whoever produced the lower (Aero Precision, Anderson, PSA, Spikes, whoever).  The MAKER is recorded in the secondary engraving.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top