Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/10/2018 2:23:10 PM EDT
I recently got an M703E and want to upgrade the housing as I hear the original is crap, and is kind of bulky. Plus I want to be able to use it with various PVS14 mounts. Did some googling and it seemed like the Micro housing was the consensus pic, but I can't any place that sells it. What other options are available that I can actually purchase?
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 3:04:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2018 3:05:36 PM EDT by txdx]
The Micro housing is (or was) available from Night Vision Depot, now Night Vision Devices. Try giving them a call. A PVS-14 housing will also work just fine. The tube in an ENVIS has no provision for external gain control but drops right into a PVS-14 housing and works just fine (minus the external gain control, of course). Compatibility with all accessories is guaranteed too. A MUM housing is an option but it doesn't work as easily with PVS-14 accessories.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 6:46:25 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By txdx:
The Micro housing is (or was) available from Night Vision Depot, now Night Vision Devices. Try giving them a call. A PVS-14 housing will also work just fine. The tube in an ENVIS has no provision for external gain control but drops right into a PVS-14 housing and works just fine (minus the external gain control, of course). Compatibility with all accessories is guaranteed too. A MUM housing is an option but it doesn't work as easily with PVS-14 accessories.
View Quote
Interesting, didn't know it just dropped right into a PVS-14 housing. Is there anything else I need to buy? The threads I've found weren't exactly clear on what needs to be done.
Link Posted: 9/10/2018 7:59:44 PM EDT
Depending on the PVS-14 housing kit you get, it can drop right in. Nothing else needed.

Sending you a PM too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 9:47:15 AM EDT
The gain won't work on the PVS-14 but everything else will work OK.

A micro housing, as was mentioned, is probably cheaper and is a good deal. They work great with the M703 front lens.

David
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 2:33:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cj7hawk:

The gain won't work on the PVS-14 but everything else will work OK.

A micro housing, as was mentioned, is probably cheaper and is a good deal. They work great with the M703 front lens.

David
View Quote
Unfortunately it doesn't look like I can get a micro housing anywhere, or anytime soon. They couldn't give me a date on when if ever they were going to have any for sale.
Link Posted: 9/13/2018 11:04:29 PM EDT
Anyone have any other suggestions? I just picked up a nice Exelis tube myself.

I’ll probably slip it into the MUM14 I already have and replace the chipped focus ring with a new one from DEP.

The question then becomes “what do I do with the old Gen 3 Omni II tube I have in there currently?”
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:34:00 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

I’ll probably slip it into the MUM14 I already have and replace the chipped focus ring with a new one from DEP.

The question then becomes “what do I do with the old Gen 3 Omni II tube I have in there currently?”
View Quote
Sell it to me for Playa Price..

View Quote

View Quote
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 5:51:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2018 6:06:19 PM EDT by lilMAC25]
Originally Posted By MunnyShot:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Not even if you ask me thrice...

I might end up selling it. Haven’t decided. Might end up trying to get someone to sell me an MNVD or similar. Maybe look for another MUM14 kit.

I contacted NVDevices about it, but they don’t sell them tubeless.

http://nvdevices.com/products/night-vision/mnvd-night-vision-monocular/

Does anyone sell Mod3s as single housings?

@UNV
@TNVC
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:13:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/14/2018 6:55:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By UNV:
Yes we do just give us a call. Thanks.
View Quote
Will do on Monday.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 7:01:23 AM EDT
Good info, this is something I need as well. My ENVIS housing is cracked and the battery compartment screw is ripped free. How difficult is the parts transfer?
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 4:33:47 PM EDT
AB Nightvision makes the Pitbull housing and I believe one model can use the Envis lens (C-mount compatible). But check with them to see. I have used several of their housings and they have gotten nicer over the years, but were always really high quality and I wouldn't hesitate to use one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 5:39:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By ihon:
AB Nightvision makes the Pitbull housing and I believe one model can use the Envis lens (C-mount compatible). But check with them to see. I have used several of their housings and they have gotten nicer over the years, but were always really high quality and I wouldn't hesitate to use one.
View Quote
That’s the company I’ve been trying to remember. I’ll look into them.
Link Posted: 9/17/2018 8:37:07 PM EDT

That’s the company I’ve been trying to remember. I’ll look into them.
View Quote
I'm in the same boat, but none of their housing kits look like they are in stock.

I just want a good option available to put together a monocular, lol.
Link Posted: 9/18/2018 5:05:01 PM EDT
They make c-mount mod 3 pods as well.

Email or FB Glynn at Night Vision inc, he may have some on hand.
Top Top