Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/3/2021 2:02:29 AM EDT
I've been looking for a New Black Belgium SCAR 17 or one with a very low round count these past few months, and I haven't had much luck finding one other then over on GB where they go for well over $4k. I know FN stopped importing them, but you can barely even find US Made SCAR 17s right now.

If anyone knows where I could find a Black Belgium 17 that is either new, or has a low round count and comes with the box and manual It would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been looking for a New Black Belgium SCAR 17 or one with a very low round count these past few months, and I haven't had much luck finding one other then over on GB where they go for well over $4k. I know FN stopped importing them, but you can barely even find US Made SCAR 17s right now.

If anyone knows where I could find a Black Belgium 17 that is either new, or has a low round count and comes with the box and manual It would be much appreciated.
View Quote

What's wrong with an FN USA produced black 17?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 2:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
There's nothing wrong with the US Produced SCAR 17 (If you can find one) but its just not what I'm looking for.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
CORRECTED:  Apparently there were Belgian SCARs from 2008 - 2014.  They were brought in as sporting rifles.

The "real" FN SCAR-H is manufactured at a plant in South Carolina, but the civilian version comes from a plant in Belgium. Yes, the country in Europe  a place where the market is significantly smaller for the civilian variant of a military firearm. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me for FNH to be importing these guns, especially considering that once you import the firearm into the country it comes under the control of that pesky 922(R) law that makes it a felony to slap a high capacity magazine in a freshly imported firearm.

FNH USA changes out a couple of minor parts to become 922(R) compliant and modifies the lower receivers to take the high capacity magazines once they enter the country (the remnants of the crippling process is the rib on the back of the magazine and the corresponding slot in the receiver) but it still doesn't make sense to me that they would set up a shop overseas to make the SCAR 17S for the US market when they already have a plant tooled up right here in the States. I'm sure it adds some dollars to the final price of the gun, which is not an inconsiderable amount.
View Quote

Source

I thought that due to the GCA '68 as amended and the Bush import ban (sporting features) & maybe Belgian export laws, no complete 'civilian' SA SCAR was imported?

That all were assembled in the US on US receivers?
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:53:44 AM EDT
[#4]
You want something specific your going to pay specific prices.

At 4k it's only about $500 more then what you're going to pay anyway if it's that important just pay the 4k on GB. Maybe wait out the panic and keep a look out I'm sure it's possible to find something at a decent price.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CORRECTED:  Apparently there were Belgian SCARs from 2008 - 2014.  They were brought in as sporting rifles.

Source

I thought that due to the GCA '68 as amended and the Bush import ban (sporting features) & maybe Belgian export laws, no complete 'civilian' SA SCAR was imported?

That all were assembled in the US on US receivers?
View Quote

Yes there are Belgian SCARs, its easy to tell when one is a Belgian SCAR. The lettering on them is White while the ones made in the US have all black lettering.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes there are Belgian SCARs, its easy to tell when one is a Belgian SCAR. The lettering on them is White while the ones made in the US have all black lettering.
View Quote

Mine isn't color filled it's engraved in but I see the Belgian are clearly white but don't know if it's engraved and filled or just lazer engraved.

Isn't the lower different as far as modified from single stack on the import?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:26:32 PM EDT
[#7]
US made SCAR still utilize Belgian parts. My lower is Belgian.

Belgian SCARs are laser etched (white) they are not color filled.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Some people prefer the little differences that the Belgium receivers include.  Such as the surface lasered markings instead of deep cut.  More closely matches that of MK17 anodizing colors, though the newer US made ones are getting closer.

Also, Belgium guns had the barcode inventory sticker.

If anyone is wanting exact replica with matching serial barcodes for their Belgium or US made guns that either lost them or never had them (US made) PM me.  I can make them nearly indistinguishable from factory with same material and everything.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 11:11:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Some people prefer the little differences that the Belgium receivers include.  Such as the surface lasered markings instead of deep cut.  More closely matches that of MK17 anodizing colors, though the newer US made ones are getting closer.

Also, Belgium guns had the barcode inventory sticker.

If anyone is wanting exact replica with matching serial barcodes for their Belgium or US made guns that either lost them or never had them (US made) PM me.  I can make them nearly indistinguishable from factory with same material and everything.
View Quote

Who wants the barcode? Mine stands out so much since its black. I’m removing it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 12:27:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Who wants the barcode? Mine stands out so much since its black. I’m removing it.
View Quote

US made scars don't have it.   It's the same reason that people want UID stickers for clone guns.  Mainly because even military mk17s have that barcode 98 percent of the time.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top