Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2020 10:00:31 AM EDT
Already have my FFL 07.

When should I file my paperwork  for my SOT ?  I understand the first time it can take a few months. I would like to be good to go July 1.  Clearly I don’t want it now and just have to renew this summer.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Your SOT begins when they cash your check. I of course would do it July 1. Make sure you have your FEIN done already as you will need that. I think this will be my last year for my SOT, kinda bored with MG's.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your SOT begins when they cash your check.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your SOT begins when they cash your check.

Not necessarily. An initial SOT cashed today doesn't make a 2021 SOT valid until July 1st. If for the 2020 tax year it would.
OP would be submitting for the 2021 tax year.

I of course would do it July 1.

Why on earth wait that long?
ATF sends out renewal notices about this time of year. My current SOT shows April 29, 2019 as date of receipt.

OP...........send it in now so you will be good to go on 7/1/2020. Write on the memo line of your check "For 2021 tax year" and write that on a Post It note stuck on your check. Even though the form has a place for indicating the tax year (question 9) it doesn't hurt to be sure the data entry clerk has it clear.

Link Posted: 4/19/2020 12:54:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top