Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2018 1:29:25 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

The only request I have is that the Ultimak ans Amega rail systems be compatible.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If the new SCOTUS overturns Row v. Wade this thing will be illegal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Not following you.

Are trying to say neither will happen?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 1:58:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Not following you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not following you.

Maybe because it’s an abortion
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 2:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not following you.

Come on man it's a Mini 14. What do you want?
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not following you.

View Quote
Or it at least dodged the coat hanger.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Eyeballing it, but I don't think it would be as straight line flush as you think.  The distances and angles between the trigger linkage, hammer, and bolt are weirder on the 14 than the 10/22.  At the very least the humped receiver would likely sit on top of the Magpul stock, raising the bore and throwing off the lines.  Unless Troy made a drop in receiver for the Mini in the same vein that they did for the M1A.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#8]
I want the old wood stock with the curved buttstock to be brought back.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now that's funny. Never gonna happen. Niche market for those piles of crap.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 5:23:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/213818/93278-592423.JPG

The only request I have is that the Ultimak ans Amega rail systems be compatible.
View Quote
As close as we are ever gonna get.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Niche market for those piles of crap.
View Quote
Hardly. While I'm not a fan of the stock on the tactical model shown above either, even though I have a light weight mid-length gas carbine for close and a scoped A4 I use to shoot apples at 400+yds with, I favor the compact lines and feel of the Mini-14, especially when set up like my M1A.  The accuracy of the newer style, thicker barreled Mini-14s is significantly better than the original 'pencil barrel' versions.

As an example, my 583 Series is accurate enough to produce 1" groups at 100yds with my handloads and iron sights.  That's as good as my RRA middy with irons can do.  I use both to shoot at bowling pins at 200yds and both do a great job of knocking them down.  I fact, at 300yds it becomes really a challenge to hit a pin and I'm better at that range with my Mini, even though I've had my AR over 3 times as long.

While my NM triggered RRA is a nice, lightweight, reliable AR carbine fitted out with an ADCO lightened and shortened barrel, custom pistol grip, and Magpul's CTR, Mags, and MOE handguard -

My Mini M14 isn't a slouch either with a few accuracy tweaks that in total, cost about what just a good custom trigger for an AR runs.  I did all the teaks myself except the trigger job with simple tools and the accuracy tweaks cost me less than just the barrel work on my AR that increased it's accuracy.  (That cost excludes both the front sight/FH install and the $200 walnut stock which I added recently to give it that M14 vibe but didn't help, or hurt, accuracy.)

That said, my NIB Mini plus all the changes as it sits below, even though it was purchased and tweaked some 11 years after my AR, actually cost me less with everything than my NIB RRA with all it's teaks as it sits above.

Both platforms are great examples of their type and both perform reliably and accurately.  Both are great at the range.  It's just that the smaller bulk of the Mini's more traditional design make it more comfortable to carry in the woods all day.  Yes, I went through Basic with the M14 but had an M16 in RVN so I'm comfortable and proficient with both styles of carbines.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:09:47 PM EDT
[#13]
When the 14 stops sucking....so....
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:31:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Don't even take the bait, CoSteve. Bruce Leroy is clueless as to the potential of the Mini.
Only a true douche gets on a Ruger section to trash talk them.
We know better.
I also have a bit of experience with both platforms, 44 years, and my first MOS was as a rifle company armorer.
My Mini's (Mini-30's) are very close to the accuracy my AR's achieve, even with cheap commie ammo, and Mini's don't have to  be cleaned every few hundred rounds like an AR to keep functioning. Mini's can even run dry and work fine. Try that with your AR.
I run Ultimak rails on both of my Mini-30's. Those Tacticool stocks are an abortion. The two best stocks for a Mini are the ones Ruger sells.

Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I realize that this site is AR15.com, not Mini.com, however, those of you who are a bit narrow minded are missing out on some great platforms.  Yes, I have ARs, the one above, another carbine and my longer range, real walnut stocked, 400yd, 'Apple Shooter':

But I also have western style leverguns in pistol calibers and more modern scoped leverguns in hunting, rifle calibers.  In addition, I have some mil-type rifles; a couple of M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, an M1A, and my 'Mini M14' above because variety is the spice of life.

No, I can't dress up my other long guns like the 'Barbie of Rifles', my ARs, but then again, why would I want to? Dressed up ARs outfitted as combat rifles makes their owners look like wannabe posers, all dressed up to play war. Not for me.  Like many, I did it for real and don't ever want to do it again.

So, to all you haters of all things not AR, you're missing some fun.  Your loss, not ours.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#16]
BTW, you notice that my A4 is wood stocked as is my Mini.  The fact is that the only plastic stocked rifle I own is the RRA mid-length carbine pictured above.  In truth, I'm more of a fan of walnut and steel than plastic and aluminum rifles but to each their own.  The one thing I'll say about the articulating, plastic stocks on the Minis above is that they are Heavy!  Sort of defeats the purpose of a compact, light weight, carbine but I understand that there are those who find them useful.  But that's what makes the world go round; variety.  It would be boring if everyone liked and owned the same thing now wouldn't it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 10:16:23 AM EDT
[#17]
While I like Magpul products, I hope never on that one pictured. Now if they wanted to introduce a close copy of the Ruger stock absent the bulk and maybe have a spare mag holder like the Steyr Scout, that might be neat.
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
While I like Magpul products, I hope never on that one pictured. Now if they wanted to introduce a close copy of the Ruger stock absent the bulk and maybe have a spare mag holder like the Steyr Scout, that might be neat.
View Quote
With Magpul, I would imagine they'd release something that utilizes their Zhukov stock if they were doing a folder.

Unless you meant more along the lines of a fixed OEM replacement along their hunter lineup.

Personally, I love the feel of wood and steel.  I enjoy my ARs and they're my go-to, the feel of wood and steel brings a smile to my face every time.  So I hope Magpul does start supporting the mini (mainly with mags), but I still plan to keep my wood stock on there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I want them to bring back the original folder.  You can cut back a new wood stock if it's too long but it would be a bear to duplicate the original folder.    It's become a holy grail in the Mini 14 world.

Edit ::  The sling loop on the side of the gas block would also be a Mini 14 holy grail.

kwg
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#20]
The perfect Mini-14 stock (except for factory folder!)  Wood and steel for me.....

Link Posted: 1/19/2019 3:01:34 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m planning on getting a Mini 14 in the future, and like a few of you, I prefer the original look of iron and wood.

That stock in the OP looks like ass (no offense to MagPul). If they made aftermarket mags for the platform, though, I’d be interested. In fact, I’m surprised they haven’t, since they make them for the AUG and other systems.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top