Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2018 1:54:28 PM EDT
What do you run ,how do you run it and why?
I am trying to find an option that isn't a thousand yards of straps getting in the way that will let me actually sling the rifle for carry and use the rifle when needed.
Thanks.

PS. Got any pics?
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 3:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have QD sockets - I use this one or this one. Too many out there to choose.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
A bit over-priced IMO, but I still use an Urban ERT.  
Why?  
1.  Really like the wider sling strap - think seatbelt width, very comfortable.
2.  I often swap between 2 and single point for 3 guns and training, and the overall setup works nicely.  Add a GHW replacement stock pin w/integrated QD, and it's in the perfect spot for single point mode.

Looked for a pic but seem to not have one on-hand..
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
^^^^^^^^^^^^

Woohoo!
My new to me MSAR rifle came with an ERT sling setup. I'll pull it out and check it out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 9:30:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:41:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer the BFG Vicker's (padded) slings.

I'm a righty, so I switch the rear sling loop to the right (keeps rifle closer to body. And If I'm using an AUG w/ an integrated optic. I use the rear arm of the optic as a sling point. On flat rail AUGs. Use a rail mounted attachment point of some kind. The front sling point sucks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:42:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I use the factory sling with a Gearward Ranger Band to hold it place.

Link Posted: 2/18/2018 10:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I put QD sockets on so i can run a Blue Force Gear padded sling.
Installed a Pete QD rear mount and a Gear Head Works FLEx.
I run the rear sling mount on the off side now, found it works better for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top