Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2019 8:14:32 PM EST
Ok, now I need protective caps for the PVS-14's. I am wondering what everyone is using for the objective lens and the eyepiece. I am interested in the Butler Creek flip up caps is anyone has some insight. What would be a decent eyepiece cap?
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 8:37:57 PM EST
butler creek is size 09a. Needs a single layer of electrical tape to snug it up
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:09:56 PM EST
I use a standard daylight cover for the objective and a Caplugs 1 5/8" eyepiece cover. Both of which fit perfect. The caplug also works with an eyecup ring installed which is a bonus.

Once in a while I install a sac lense cover over objective when using the device. I'm kind of hard on shit.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:43:39 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I use a standard daylight cover for the objective and a Caplugs 1 5/8" eyepiece cover. Both of which fit perfect. The caplug also works with an eyecup ring installed which is a bonus.

Once in a while I install a sac lense cover over objective when using the device. I'm kind of hard on shit.
View Quote
Spoke with a buddy yesterday and decided to run just a LIF and a sacrificial lens over that. Would you happen to have a link for the Caplugs?
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 8:51:13 AM EST
Consider also a 720nm, 30mm screw in camera filter. It will thread onto a PVS-14 objective lens and act as a sacrificial lens and provide some bright light protection. Cheaper than a LIF and does the same thing.

The nice thing about the screw in lens is you can still use a 3x mag with the friction mount with it installed.

I personally use the camera filter and a butler creek flip cap with a small hole for close focus. The 3x won’t fit on with the BC in place but I’ve found myself wearing the 3x on a lanyard and just folding it in place momentarily to look at something. It’s too heavy to mount on there for long.
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 1:04:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By wjoutlaw:
Spoke with a buddy yesterday and decided to run just a LIF and a sacrificial lens over that. Would you happen to have a link for the Caplugs?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@wjoutlaw as a matter of fact I do. Got mine from this ad

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS---Wilcox-L4-G70-mounting-system-Protective-Eyepiece-cap-for-PVS-14-and-ANVIS/172-1533861/
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:25:07 PM EST
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@wjoutlaw as a matter of fact I do. Got mine from this ad

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Equipment-Exchange/WTS---Wilcox-L4-G70-mounting-system-Protective-Eyepiece-cap-for-PVS-14-and-ANVIS/172-1533861/
Thanks! I picked up a couple.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 6:41:59 AM EST
Originally Posted By rlltd42:
butler creek is size 09a. Needs a single layer of electrical tape to snug it up
View Quote
Size 07 fits without any need for tape
Top Top