Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2021 7:41:31 PM EDT
My main concern in the near future is a ban on foreign parts and weapons.  
I don’t NEED any of these to fill a role. They’re very different, but I’ve been interested in each one.
They are at different levels of “not cheap”, but the price hasn’t gone absolutely nuts on these (except maybe the ace) like it has on others. I really wanted an SP5, but the cost has become ludicrous.

The main question is: Which of these do you feel is the best current value, or generally most enjoyable to own and shoot?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I would get an ARX 100 as to me I see those going up in price kind of like the ACR here soon. And maybe pick up the SBR kit also.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:08:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would get an ARX 100 as to me I see those going up in price kind of like the ACR here soon. And maybe pick up the SBR kit also.
View Quote

While I think they’re a little goofy looking, if I lived in a free state back when they were going for blowout prices I definitely would have picked one up.
I actually didn’t even realize they were still being sold, what’s the average price now?
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

While I think they're a little goofy looking, if I lived in a free state back when they were going for blowout prices I definitely would have picked one up.
I actually didn't even realize they were still being sold, what's the average price now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I think they're a little goofy looking, if I lived in a free state back when they were going for blowout prices I definitely would have picked one up.
I actually didn't even realize they were still being sold, what's the average price now?
I hear ya. It's my next gun purchase. $12-1500 right now. Moving from IL to IN back in '08 is the best thing I ever did.

ETA I think they're goofy looking too until you throw the 10.5" barrel on and then they look pretty damn good. Someone needs to 3D print the 40mm for it lol.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:34:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hear ya. It's my next gun purchase. $12-1500 right now. Moving from IL to IN back in '08 is the best thing I ever did.

ETA I think they're goofy looking too until you throw the 10.5" barrel on and then they look pretty damn good. Someone needs to 3D print the 40mm for it lol.
View Quote

They definitely look better with the shorter barrel.

I lived in NYC my whole life up until last September, it would have been great to have made the move in 2018 when the firearms world was cheap and plentiful, but I’ve been able to do ok by being patient with what I’ve been buying.
The main issue has been high demand stuff like the SP5, and ammo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 11:49:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd focus on spending spare funds on high capacity magazines for firearms you already have, while we still can.  That is where the 2A attack is going to be most noticeable.  Buying "foreign" firearms is a luxury, not a necessity.  Self defense is a necessity.  When ammo production catches up, build your stash, stack high, so you can run what you have.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd focus on spending spare funds on high capacity magazines for firearms you already have, while we still can.  That is where the 2A attack is going to be most noticeable.  Buying "foreign" firearms is a luxury, not a necessity.  Self defense is a necessity.  When ammo production catches up, build your stash, stack high, so you can run what you have.
View Quote

I’ve been buying mags regularly, and have a decent stash of ammo (what I could fit in the car for a cross country move). The problem is ammo for new purchases in new calibers. But I’m willing to wait it out until prices come down out of the stratosphere.
The “necessities” are covered with decent quality stuff. Now I’m looking at “wants”

Also, a mag capacity ban would be dragged through Congress, foreign imports can be banned instantly with an EO.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
A headstone.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A headstone.
View Quote

I expect if I needed that anytime soon it’ll probably just be a mass grave anyway.

This is why I didn’t ask in GD.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I expect if I needed that anytime soon it’ll probably just be a mass grave anyway.

This is why I didn’t ask in GD.
View Quote

Just trying to make light of our current predicament.

Gallows humor is a coping mechanism that prevents us from tripping off line.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll second that.

Side note, the ones available here in the USA were made here in the USA.
Beretta apparently makes them in batches and they sell out fast.

From your list I'd go with one of the ACEs.
Probably the 5.56 because one EO and cheap (lol) x39 can vanish overnight.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:38:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Actually the Galil ACE and MarColMar CETME L are both manufactured in the U.S.  So those really aren't in any danger of being banned by EO.

The APC 9 Pro is probably the one to look at from your list.

The only major guns that would be nailed by an EO are combloc AKs, CZ Bren and Scorpion, B&T guns, HK SP5, etc.  Most of the other popular "foreign" guns are made in U.S. manufacturing facilities and aren't in danger of an EO ban... so guns like the Steyr AUG, FN SCAR, IWI Galil/X95, Beretta ARX100, etc will be fine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No worries, I get it.

Quoted:
From your list I'd go with one of the ACEs.
Probably the 5.56 because one EO and cheap (lol) x39 can vanish overnight.

I’d prefer the 7.62x39 with a “plastic delete” but included the 5.56 version for this reason. Also, I’m not looking at the pistol versions since the reinvigorated ATF has been sniffing around braces. Going by what they floated recently, braced pistol caliber guns MIGHT be ok, but they certainly have their sights set on rifle caliber pistols.

Quoted:
Actually the Galil ACE and MarColMar CETME L are both manufactured in the U.S.  So those really aren't in any danger of being banned by EO.

The APC 9 Pro is probably the one to look at from your list.

The only major guns that would be nailed by an EO are combloc AKs, CZ Bren and Scorpion, B&T guns, HK SP5, etc.  Most of the other popular "foreign" guns are made in U.S. manufacturing facilities and aren't in danger of an EO ban... so guns like the Steyr AUG, FN SCAR, IWI Galil/X95, Beretta ARX100, etc will be fine.

Thanks, I didn’t realize the Ace was built here.
I knew the Marcolmars were, but mostly with imported parts (I assume the ace is too?) and I’m not sure how a new import ban would affect them. I guess that depends if it’s just to look like they’re “doing something” or scorched earth vengeance.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm a big fan of the Cetme L and now own 3.  Lightest recoiling 556 I've ever shot.  These seem to be passed over by most at the shops I go to, so these might be the easiest to find right now locally or on-line.

I've been buying up a lot of modern sporting rifles lately that would scare Biden and the left.  Personally I wouldn't be saving-up for anything.  I would be buying whatever I found available and paying off the credit card.  My latest purchase was the ARX100.  As a lefty, I was really impressed by how easy it is to swap ejection to either side with a push of the button.  But I probably would focus on possible EO import ban guns.
Bren MS
Foreign AK Pistols or Rifles
Scorpion

But again, buy whatever you can find.

Here's some of my recent purchases.  

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:42:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'm a big fan of the Cetme L and now own 3.  Lightest recoiling 556 I've ever shot.  These seem to be passed over by most at the shops I go to, so these might be the easiest to find right now locally or on-line.

I've been buying up a lot of modern sporting rifles lately that would scare Biden and the left.  Personally I wouldn't be saving-up for anything.  I would be buying whatever I found available and paying off the credit card.  My latest purchase was the ARX100.  As a lefty, I was really impressed by how easy it is to swap ejection to either side with a push of the button.  But I probably would focus on possible EO import ban guns.
Bren MS
Scorpion

https://i.imgur.com/xAuvnW7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PoFWwbQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/c8FOrcy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0VomGb9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AocaGnT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q5f4rGH.jpg
View Quote

Very nice haul!
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Bren MS
Scorpion

https://i.imgur.com/xAuvnW7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PoFWwbQ.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/c8FOrcy.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0VomGb9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AocaGnT.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/q5f4rGH.jpg
View Quote

Nice! That grey Cetme with a rail is the model I’m interested in.
If I could I’d just snap up everything, but I need to slow my roll with gun spending.
While most people here have had years of “salad days” I’ve had only the past few months to build up the basics of a free-state collection, with extras on top.
If the new administration doesn’t make any big moves I’d like to pick up everything in the poll eventually.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nice! That grey Cetme with a rail is the model I’m interested in.
If I could I’d just snap up everything, but I need to slow my roll with gun spending.
While most people here have had years of “salad days” I’ve had only the past few months to build up the basics of a free-state collection, with extras on top.
If the new administration doesn’t make any big moves I’d like to pick up everything in the poll eventually.
View Quote

How are on AKs?  If you don't have a higher end AK I'd be looking at the Arsenal SAM7.  If not an AK then the CZ Bren 2 or the B&T.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How are on AKs?  If you don't have a higher end AK I'd be looking at the Arsenal SAM7.  If not an AK then the CZ Bren 2 or the B&T.
View Quote

I’m pretty good on AKs, and trying to decide if I want to get my milled Norinco hunter converted, sell it, or sit on it in case of a future ban watered down to NY “SAFE act” style restrictions.

I wanted a SAM7K-44, but again... the brace thing, and the price has almost doubled now that they’ve reappeared.
So an ACE would fit the bill as a high end AK for me.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I’m pretty good on AKs, and trying to decide if I want to get my milled Norinco hunter converted, sell it, or sit on it in case of a future ban watered down to NY “SAFE act” style restrictions.

I wanted a SAM7K-44, but again... the brace thing, and the price has almost doubled now that they’ve reappeared.
View Quote

The ACE is real nice.  I used to have one but sold it.  It's different enough from a regular AK that I don't feel it's redundant or anything.  It was really overgassed which was annoying, but the ergonomics far surpass what you get on a normal AK.  My milled Arsenal shot smoother than the ACE, but the ACE exceeded it in ergonomics, accuracy, and features.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The ACE is real nice.  I used to have one but sold it.  It's different enough from a regular AK that I don't feel it's redundant or anything.  It was really overgassed which was annoying, but the ergonomics far surpass what you get on a normal AK.  My milled Arsenal shot smoother than the ACE, but the ACE exceeded it in ergonomics, accuracy, and features.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the ACE is based on the Valmet, and that's a cadillac ak if I ever saw one.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File
When this second stimulus hits lol, it's either going to be the ARX or I'm going full tilt and building an HK33K with a KAC rail....

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:21:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Didn’t expect the poll to be so close.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#22]
LOL @ APC9

It’s a fucking straight blowback overated pig. It is only the ever so slightly tiniest bit “better” than a Scorpion.

I don’t care if someone here has one and thinks it’s just amazing because after spending $3500 into it, it had better be.... been there worst APC, it’s a pretty awful value.

If they ever make a proper delayed blowback version that would be another story, then it would only be massively overpriced and not also run like a Keltec.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:18:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can the gas system be unfucked a bit? I don’t mean as some great suppressor host; but at least so that it runs a little smoother? I know less than zero about the ACE rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:56:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Can the gas system be unfucked a bit? I don’t mean as some great suppressor host; but at least so that it runs a little smoother? I know less than zero about the ACE rifles.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

KAC makes THESE.
I've never used one personally.
Friend had one in an x39 ACE and said he had problems.
Like I said tho, secondhand information, no firsthand experience.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Like HellioN said they have a KNS piston that's adjustable but I never tried it.  The one real testimonial I saw from someone that used it and installed it in a .308 ACE they basically said they had issues with it.  The ACE has a large rubber buffer at the back of the recoil spring to keep the bolt carrier from nailing the back of the receiver, so it seems to be overgassed by design.  Don't get me wrong it's a real sweet gun and if it wasn't so overgassed it would, IMO, be the best AK variant there is.  It has everything else going for it.  It's just shooting it next to a milled Arsenal you really appreciate how smooth the Arsenal AK shoots.  I'd compare my x39 ACE's recoil to the recoil of my FAL on a lighter gas setting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top