Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2018 5:17:41 PM EDT
I'm about to put in my first Form 1s and am deciding where I want the engraving done on my AR lowers. Just curious what most people prefer. I'm looking for something as unobtrusive and unnoticeable as possible (while staying within the NFA requirements of course) so currently debating between the magwell lip and trigger area.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Given my choices of engravers above the pin holes was it.

On mag lip or trigger area would have been better.

But just glad i could get it done.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:18:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
THSF will do it in the trigger area, and it doesn't matter if the lower is stripped or complete, or anywhere in between.

I've even had them ask if I was left-handed or right-handed and they put it on the opposite side of the trigger hole. Not that you really feel it, but it was a nice extra level of service.
View Quote
Definitely going with THSF, thanks in part to your endorsement. I had read THSF previously advised against engraving the magwell lip, but I see it's now an option on their site.

Veritas was the other company I was looking at, but their requirement that the lower be virtually stripped (buffer tube is okay, IIRC) tipped it towards THSF.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:50:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Mag lip, some of my lowers have trigger guards as part of the receiver. At first I was concerned that it could possibly wear out from mag changes but I don’t think it’ll happen
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
THSF will do it in the trigger area, and it doesn't matter if the lower is stripped or complete, or anywhere in between.

I've even had them ask if I was left-handed or right-handed and they put it on the opposite side of the trigger hole. Not that you really feel it, but it was a nice extra level of service.
View Quote
Who's THSF? I'm going to need to get this done as well. Are they able to do it with an integrated trigger guard do you know?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 10:57:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who's THSF? I'm going to need to get this done as well. Are they able to do it with an integrated trigger guard do you know?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tar Heel State Firearms
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Sending mine out this week to THSF for the trigger guard engraving.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 1:02:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Ive had them done all over
Doesn’t really matter to me
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
THSF is good people and they’ve done a great job on all my engravings. The trigger area is perfect.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 4:54:00 PM EDT
[#12]
THSF has done all mine.  I had always had them done on the right side above trigger.

This last one I had them do the trigger area. Probably do them there in the future.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Buddy at a local machine shop did 3 of mine in the trigger area.
Cheap and fast (sonic icecream and half an hour)
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 9:44:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They (and I) advise against it...
View Quote
May I ask the reason?
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:10:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

THSF is good people and they’ve done a great job on all my engravings. The trigger area is perfect.
View Quote
They engraved my lower. The same day it was delivered to them they engraved it and had it shipped off to me within three hours. I was shocked when I saw the shipment tracking.
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/6/2018 11:45:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Pics of trigger hole engraving would be nice
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#19]
As stated above...imo engraving on the receiver above trigger/hammer pins area, opposite side of the maker of the lower looks the best. But to each his own.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 11:54:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine are on the inside edge of the bottom lip of the magwell
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:44:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Right where I had mine done.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top