Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/14/2019 10:06:58 PM EDT
This is not meant to be a dick-measuring contest - but maybe it will turn into one

Seriously, I am genuinely interested in everyone's "investment" level -

What do you have?
What components do you have?  
What components do you want?  
What components would you like to see from SIG? (or aftermarket?)
Do you use the modularity of the MCX (do you swap barrels/calibers?  Have different rail/handguard setups?  maybe you just have multiple rifles/pistols? etc)

I'd love to hear from guys who are just starting out all the way through the guys who have followed MCX since its inception.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Rattler in .300 BO.
I have no spare components for it.
I would like to have a 5.56 barrel for it, but I am not looking forward to how much that will cost me.
That 5.56 barrel so I can shoot it more with cheaper ammo.
I don't use the modularity b/c I can't buy a 5.56 barrel.

I have mixed feelings on the Rattler.
I like the size and feel of it.  But I find it shoot it rather poorly, significantly worse than my 5.56 AR15s.  
I shot it so poorly last time I had it out I almost listed it for sale right when I got home.
I don't like having to fiddlefuck with the gas system lever when I switch between ammo types and suppressed or not.
I want that 5.56 barrel so I can get a significantly more trigger time with live fire so I can see what I need to do it improve my performance with the Rattler.  But even shooting it slow fire off the bench with 4 different brands of ammo, performance has be somewhat lackluster.  But I may just have unreasonable expectations from .300BO.

I know SIG has a long history of abandoning designs and never really releasing spare parts, so I worry that if I run into issues in the future, they might already be on another generation (SIG MCX Ultimatus/Supremus/Legatus/etc) and I'd be screwed.  That alone has me second guessing my purchase.

I wonder why this new gun doesn't have a fully ambi lower?  I kinda wish I had just bought the conversion to put on an Ambi-AR lower.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll bite. Sig MCX "Snakebite" pistol. 9"pdw 300blk.

600rnds down the pipe. All supers 123g Magtech.

Stock trigger was junk. Had a SD3G trigger w/G marked latch in for 450rnds. BFS equipped currently. Not sure if I like it yet.

Mainly shoot steel out to 200yds. Accurate enough for me with a Romeo4? on a SLR mount.

It's been a great lil shooter that doesn't get cleaned much. ??

Edit1: I want a 9" factory 556 barrel made available. Please.
Edit2: I want one in 308. 12" pistol.
Link Posted: 7/14/2019 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a Legacy MCX I SBR'd and a Rattler upper/kit.

I have 3 stocks and a telescoping brace.

I just got that cool Vegacy (my word) handguard, so I am looking forward to getting a full sized Virtus barrel.

My next buy buy will be a Virtus 5.56 pistol, though with the current prices of Legacies, I may just get one of those.

I almost bought one of the MCX rifle bags, but elected not to do so. However, a high quality bag that can fit a rifle and some parts would be neat for me and the other two people who would buy one.

I really want the price of barrels to drop, and for Sig to license them out in order to do so. More calibers like 6.5 would be cool, I have no desire for 7.62x39. I just don't think it's cost effective right now to buy a $550 barrel.

Sig could make a DMR version tomorrow that would sell like mad, with a heavy (or even just match grade) barrel. The stock for the CSASS (I think) would rock on that thing.

And for fuck's sake, sell the damn lowers separately. Actually, I have a better idea. Let Radian make an MCX version of their AX556.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 12:25:13 AM EDT
[#4]
1 Grey Virtus pistol with 6.75"Barrel.
1 FDE Virtus SBR 11.5" Barrel
1 Grey 12"Suppressor hand-guard
1 midwest 6.75" hand guard

-Id like to see an 18" Dmr Barrel
-A Sig factory 6.75" hand-guard in FDE or grey

The Midwest 6.75 is to long to use the taper with    suppressor and no other options exist.
- Some new caliber options, it would be fun to have a few more option maybe 458 Socom, 6.8, 338 specter, 224 valkyrie, something good for brown bear?

-As many stock options as possible
-9" 556 barrel, or more length options across calibers in general.
-Complete parts availability across all MCX based platforms
Its complete BS its not this way already.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you have? MCX 11.5" Hybrid Pistol which I swapped the Sig M400 pistol lower for my Noveske flared forged SBR lower.
What components do you have? AR folding adapter, Kate Moss, Minimalist (sold), Midwest 10.5" handguard along with original keymod handguard
What components do you want? I want to get the 6.75" barrel kit and Lancer handguard
What components would you like to see from SIG? (or aftermarket?) Folding kate moss style stock with battery tubes (I like to keep tax stamp copies in stock battery tubes). Also a factory 10-10.5" 5.56 barrel and handguard kit.
Do you use the modularity of the MCX (do you swap barrels/calibers? Have different rail/handguard setups? maybe you just have multiple rifles/pistols? etc) Yes, I do. I will use it more as I get more components.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:40:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Rattler pistol that I Form 1’d

Virtus 9” 300BLK upper kit (pretty good deal since it comes with the stock adapters, trigger, sling mount, etc.)

6.75” 300BLK barrel

Two stocks (Minimalist Plus, Folding/Collapsible)

SRD762-Ti that is in NFA jail (I only got it for the MCX)

Rifle-length Virtus SD handguard

Still debating piecing together a legacy LVAW upper. To that end, being able to buy a legacy upper receiver would be cool (though legacy complete rifles are probably the better deal).

It’s a badass platform, but one I will probably leave as a dedicated 300BLK.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:41:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Cabelas SBR’d MCX (the real Legacy MCX ) with auto regulating gas system 9” 5.56 and 9” 300 barrels.

Wife’s gun is a Gen2 MCX with 9” 5.56 (11.5” cut down), 9” 300 barrel and. 16” 5.56 barrel.

Love the LEGO ability. Regularly swap barrels, stocks/braces and handguards.

@coregon, you’ve got to get them to release that adjustable precision stock from the MCX-MR as well as barrel extensions so we can build things like a precision 20” 224 VALKYRIE

Also have a couple MPX’s. Super bummed that we didn’t get 40cal conversations.

Overall very happy.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:49:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@coregon, you've got to get them to release that adjustable precision stock from the MCX-MR as well as barrel extensions so we can build things like a precision 20" 224 VALKYRIE
View Quote
I don't mean to clutter the thread, but that's the stock I was talking about. A DMR version should be next.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 10:51:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I bought a SRD7.62 for $450. It’s currently in NFA jail.

BUT with that said I plan on buying a 11.5” Virtus Pistol, do a Form 1 then buy the 6.75” .300blk kit and SD hand guard. The can will be dedicated to the .300 barrel.

Should be a neat little project. I figure I’ve got about a year to get it all together.
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Coregon you are scaring me. Is it about to get discontinued?

@coregon
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#11]
6.75" Legacy pistol in .300 BLK
Updated bolt, SIG suppressor-friendly Keymod handguard, TMC Thirty, side-folding KAK shockwave, Magpul K-grip, IDF sling, Mepro M21, no backup sights
Removed the FA/deflector

I live out in the boonies and this is my primary homestead-defense carbine, and goes in the trunk with me when I go into the city. I have spare parts and mags to keep it running forever, and I practice daily on the home range. At this point unless it turns out to cause impotence or something I can't see myself switching to any other rifle platform unless it's for a major caliber change like going up to a 400yd+ precision weapon.

The only thing I'd like to see from SIG or the aftermarket, is more barrels. I want a 5.56 shorty so I can shoot up the ammo I keep picking up around the desert, and I want more AR-style conversion barrels like pistol calibers, .350 Legend, .50 Beowulf et al so I can play with ammo without having to drop the dosh on additional complete rifles.

The MCX currently feels a lot like Beretta's ARX with the barrels; it's super easy to swap barrels and it's an awesome feature, but it is being tremendously underutilized. More calibers, more lengths, more options (lightweight, heavyweight, fluted or non, etc). The MCX is fantastically modular but this seems like a gaping hole that's preventing it from being the truly LEGOlike do-anything rifle the AR currently is. Beretta launched a rifle with a highly-touted barrel swap game, and then never made barrels for it and as a result the rifle was never as popular as it easily could've been, and a lot of Beretta diehards jumped ship and wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole because they botched it so bad. I came from the ARX to the MCX, myself. The MCX is already doing better, but not by much and it could be absolutely awesome if there were actually a worthwhile selection of barrels so that the swap feature became something everybody used, and people could build out an MCX to do whatever specific job they wanted--like a better, more modern AR.

Show and tell:

There's a steel diamond in this pic, about 50 yards out...

Link Posted: 7/15/2019 5:48:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Have the FDE VIRTUS factory 9" 300blk SBR. Run the 6.75" barrel with a Sandman S under the FDE Sig suppressor handguard. Run a SSA MCX G trigger. I run a FDE AimPoint T2 for the red dot.

Don't change the barrel of caliber any.

I would like to see some 300blk subsonic ammo developed for this short barrel like they did why he supersonic ammo.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#13]
I have the IOP version of the Virtus in black.

Upgraded the trigger to a Geissele SSA (straight)

Upgraded to the tubular folding stock system and added a SOPMOD stock.

Swapped out the pistol grip for a Magpul K2.

Not currently looking at buying a 300 barrel, but who knows in the future?

Right now its my favorite rifle to shoot
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 7:44:11 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SNIP...
I don't like having to fiddlefuck with the gas system lever when I switch between ammo types and suppressed or not.  
...SNIP
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
SNIP...
...SNIP
Have you tried shooting it without messing with the gas system?   I never touch mine and shoot it both suppressed and non, multiple subs and supers.

Quoted:
SNIP...
I almost bought one of the MCX rifle bags, but elected not to do so. However, a high quality bag that can fit a rifle and some parts would be neat for me and the other two people who would buy one.

I really want the price of barrels to drop, and for Sig to license them out in order to do so. More calibers like 6.5 would be cool, I have no desire for 7.62x39. I just don't think it's cost effective right now to buy a $550 barrel.

Sig could make a DMR version tomorrow that would sell like mad, with a heavy (or even just match grade) barrel. The stock for the CSASS (I think) would rock on that thing.

And for fuck's sake, sell the damn lowers separately. Actually, I have a better idea. Let Radian make an MCX version of their AX556.
Already, at least, 2 bags in the work from reputable companies - and that's just what I know about.

6.5 (if talking about Creedmoor) would have to be in the big brother, MCX-MR.  

A DMR has always been in the plans for MCX - some have seen the DMR hand guards, which are just longer.  Same for other stock options.

We've never, traditionally, sold lowers - whether stripped or complete.  I have this noted though and will explore it.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 7:51:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
SNIP...

The Midwest 6.75 is to long to use the taper with    suppressor and no other options exist.
- Some new caliber options, it would be fun to have a few more option maybe 458 Socom, 6.8, 338 specter, 224 valkyrie, something good for brown bear?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
SNIP...

Noted.

When it comes to calibers - typically, we stay with calibers that are used/sourced by MIL/LEO.

We have several stock options now - also, places like SB Tactical, etc have made options.  I have been told by the guys at Q that they were going to make an MCX stock, but haven't seen anything out of them.

You've seen the MCX parts picker, correct?  Just making sure...

Quoted:
SNIP...
Still debating piecing together a legacy LVAW upper. To that end, being able to buy a legacy upper receiver would be cool (though legacy complete rifles are probably the better deal).
...SNIP

Quoted:
SNIP...

@coregon, you’ve got to get them to release that adjustable precision stock from the MCX-MR as well as barrel extensions so we can build things like a precision 20” 224 VALKYRIE

...SNIP
Noted
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Coregon you are scaring me. Is it about to get discontinued?

@coregon
View Quote
Not in the least.  I want to use this thread to see how people are actually using their MCX - also, a place that can be a "wish list".
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, I would not be messing with the gas system if I didn't have to.  Perhaps with more rounds it may break in and not need it, but I'll only believe that when I see it.

Gun nuts for a long time have been promised multi caliber modular weapons and the industry usually does not deliver.  When it has, people haven't really bought into them.

It would be cool to see 7.62x39, 5.45, 6.5 grendel, 6.8SPC2, 6.5MPC, etc.  But, I'd expect each barrel to be $500 or more which would strongly dampen sales.  Not smart to buy a $500 7.62x39 barrel when you could buy a whole AK for a similar price.

Not to mention it could hurt the reputation of the brand if someone buys a 7.62x39 barrel and it malfunctions with their 30 year old frakenmags.  They will come here and bad mouth SIG.

It would be awesome to see modularity like the MGI Hydra but it would be making an expensive system more expensive.

Really, I think the best thing SIG could do is sell all the individual parts of the MCX.  Lowers included.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I wish for separate lowers.

And the MCX-MR

Please and thank you
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 3:30:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I got a MCX Virtus 16inch 5.56 in FDE
(currently with Aimpoint Micro H2 on a Geissele mount)

Bought the skeleton stock to swap out the telescoping foldable one

Going to get a 6.75 or 9inch .300 BLK barrel.. There is a 9inch one available, might just get this and eventually have it cut down to 6.75 as wait times here are 4-8months. And laws are changing which will require me to get sort of a tax stamp for it.

12inch suppressor ready hand guard is ordered.

The .300 BLK barrel will be permanently run suppressed. Also due to availability I might get a B&T GRS Silencer rather than a SIG can.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 3:42:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Have you tried shooting it without messing with the gas system?   I never touch mine and shoot it both suppressed and non, multiple subs and supers.

Already, at least, 2 bags in the work from reputable companies - and that's just what I know about.

A DMR has always been in the plans for MCX - some have seen the DMR hand guards, which are just longer.  Same for other stock options.

We've never, traditionally, sold lowers - whether stripped or complete.  I have this noted though and will explore it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SNIP...
...SNIP

Quoted:
SNIP...

I'm pretty happy about the bags, I like organization.
I was actually talking about the 6.5 Grendel, but it sounds to me like I might need to sell my 7.62 PredatOBR is the MCX-MR is coming out.  I'm hoping that the price will be under $2K.

Licensing the lower design would probably be better.  Companies like Radian and Seekins make some really nice lowers with some cool options.  Converting an AR lower to an MCX requires a fairly pricey adapter, so a lower that comes in around $200 makes sense, but if those companies can make their MCX lower for <(AR lower cost +$100 adapter), that would be awesome.

I do want to add a +1 to SpyHawk, who requested battery tubes or some other kind of on-board storage for the MCX.  I was hoping to add a pair of FixitSticks somewhere, but they weigh too much.

And if anyone ever sees the suppressor-compatible Virtus barrel handguard for the Legacy MCX, I'd love to get my hands on one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 7:50:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Legacy MCX 5.56 pistol w/brace.  Stock except for a Geissele SSA trigger (in its SIG lower), SIG "G" firing pin safety upgrade, and Parker Mountain trip lever for full auto shooting when put on the M16 lower with SIG MCX to AR adaptor.

Legacy MCX 5.56 rifle. Stock except for a Geissele SSA trigger that SIG installed when it went back for the "G" firing pin safety upgrade.  2 stocks, folding and telescoping.  16" 300 Blackout bbl.  Extra 16" 5.56 bbl.  About half the time the upper is on an AR lower with the SIG MCX to AR adaptor.

The only problem I've had was the gas setting markings on my rifle upper and the conflicting manual instructions on gas.  Calling SIG, I got 2 people who had no concept of gas settings and had no idea of what my upper markings meant.  Figured it out myself via trial and error and taking the gas system apart to see what the different settings aligned with what gas holes.
Link Posted: 7/16/2019 8:52:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Wish list?

SURG upper.
Start selling Rattler case deflector.
Link Posted: 7/17/2019 9:53:04 AM EDT
[#23]
@coregon - does SIG hold active patents that prevent third parties from making MCX barrels?
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Did they ever release the plate that didn't have the forward assist?

Cabela's OG
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@coregon - does SIG hold active patents that prevent third parties from making MCX barrels?
View Quote
You'll find that most of our products are scattered with patented/proprietary components.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I got rid of my MCX Virtus to build more standard ARs. Was a nice gun, Shot soft, nice trigger for factory. However it was kinda chunky, heavy for what it was.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I may however buy another in an SBR config
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#28]
0%
I may adopt it in the future, if I'm convinced SIG won't redesign it again, and if there's good parts availability.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#29]
In CA my options are limited, however...

I have one legacy 5.56 MCX upper on a previously-registered "assault weapon" AR lower, using the MCX AR Stock adapter. I didn't want the weight of a Virtus. Possibly related, I have not been impressed with the groups I get out of the MCX as compared to the pretty plain-Jane BCM upper I had on that lower previously. But if you want an AR that folds, I don't think anything compares to the MCX solution.

I also wanted a PDW-ish gun so I put a 300BO Rattler AR Upgrade kit on a previously registered AR pistol lower, again with the MCX AR Stock adapter. The MCX AR Stock Adapter has been a key enabling piece for me.

I can't see buying more Sig long gun stuff, unless Sig released a MPX upper conversion kit for standard AR lowers (maybe with a mag block or something). I don't see that happening.

I am impressed with Sig as an industry innovator. As a lifelong Glock guy I just got my first Sig pistol in 20 years, a P320 compact. And I'm super impressed with the modularity and appreciate the flat trigger. The modularity in particular is a boon to us in CA where we are often limited to just two guns on CCW permits.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
0%
I may adopt it in the future, if I'm convinced SIG won't redesign it again, and if there's good parts availability.
View Quote
Even if they do, there's still plenty of support for the various incarnations.

I am firmly convinced that the best "deal" out right now is a Legacy MCX at around $1k. I was going to buy a second ARX for $800, but with Legacy MCXs sharing significant amounts of parts with both Virtus rifles and AR-15s, it was a no brained to save for another MCX.
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 9:50:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Rifle platform: FDE - Patrol 16" | 5.56
  • Optic: Vortex | Strike-Eagle 1-8x24
  • Optic mount: ZRO Delta | DLOC 30mm
  • Muzzle brake: ZRO Delta | Cowl Induction Brake (Gen II)
  • BUIS: Strike Industries | Sidewinder (Gen I)
  • Bipod: Magpul
  • B.A.D. lever: Parker Mountain Machine (PMM)
  • Roller Cam Pin: Patriot Ordinance Factory (POF)
  • Sling: Ferro Concepts | Slingster
  • QD MLOK section(s): Kinetic Development Group (KDG)
  • Vertical Grip: BCM | Gunfighter
  • Bag: Hazard 4 | Smuggler
Caliber x-change kit (so far!):
  • 6.75" | 300BO
Handguard(s):
  • Original
  • Sig - 10in | SD
  • Sig - 8in | non-SD
  • Midwest Industries - 6in | non-SD
Soon-to-come:
  • Suppressor: Q | Thunder Chicken
  • Maybe.... Maxim Defense | HATEBRAKE (I thought this might help with boosting back-pressure while shooting the 6.75" | 300BO -- UNsuppressed)
Like to have(s):
  • More caliber options in different length barrels
  • Barrels that are match-grade? (I'd love to see how accurate this rifle _could_ be!)
Link Posted: 7/18/2019 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#32]
This is my second 11.5" MCX and doesn't have a lot rounds yet.  It started as a 16" 300 BLK, but never put a round through until I put the a new 556 upper on it.  The 300 upper will find a home.

I've got a 14" barrel in need of a project that might go into the 300 upper.

This SBR is sporting a Romeo4T, which I like a lot, but have an 8T on order.  With the 556 QD, it's the heaviest SBR I own but possibly my favorite.

+1 on MCX lowers. You guys sell M400 lowers so why not?
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 1:16:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wish list?

SURG upper.
Start selling Rattler case deflector.
View Quote
I called Sig to order the deflector a few months ago. They said it would be a while before any were available, but they shipped the next week. Part # 2401436-01-R

I'm on my fourth MCX. I have the Legacy and the Virtus. The only thing I'm needing now is the 9'' 5.56 Virtus barrel.

Link Posted: 7/19/2019 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm an interested party, but haven't invested yet.

I haven't jumped yet because the Virtus Patrol holds at a very firm $1899 MAP everywhere.  It's been available for a while now and doesn't budge.  That's Sig's prerogative of course, it's their flagship premium product.

Cabela's did have their MCX "Noctis" flavor on sale with a case for $1650 a few weeks ago, which I thought was pretty fair, but I had other financial demands at the time.  I like that their version includes basic back up sights.  They do get a more basic trigger though.  Not terrible, but not as nice as the two stage in the gray/FDE MCX.

I also wish that Patrol shipped with the 12" handguard.  The 15" is just too long unless you're hanging a bipod off the front, which I won't be.  Yes, I could order another one from Sig, but after getting my $1900 rifle, adding $55 in BUIS, adding whatever for an optic, spending another $200 to swap the handguard is silly.  For a $700 AR, I don't complain, but a premium priced product will get a bit more scrutiny.  Part of what's kept me out of the SCAR family is their ultra-premium price, not a single thing has been upgraded in 15 years, and you get a gun, in a cardboard box, with a single magazine.

So for my $1900, this is what I'd want:
- Virtus pattern MCX
- FDE ('cuz it's more accurate, duh)
- 16" barrel
- 12" handguard
- included BUIS
- included soft case

I'd buy that tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 9:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote
Not as a normal practice.  It doesnt mean we haven't sold them in the future, but they are not a normal part of our catalog, like other manufacturers.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
This is my second 11.5" MCX and doesn't have a lot rounds yet.  It started as a 16" 300 BLK, but never put a round through until I put the a new 556 upper on it.  The 300 upper will find a home.

This SBR is sporting a Romeo4T, which I like a lot, but have an 8T on order.  With the 556 QD, it's the heaviest SBR I own but possibly my favorite.

+1 on MCX lowers. You guys sell M400 lowers so why not?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/408302/IMG_20190502_113602_01-1021533.jpg
View Quote
I'm very interested in seeing stuff about the Romeo 8T, and Tango6T
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 on MCX lowers. You guys sell M400 lowers so why not?https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/408302/IMG_20190502_113602_01-1021533.jpg
Let me know what you would like to know - I have both.
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:28:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
You already have the 8T and Tango6T??
Link Posted: 7/19/2019 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.
Link Posted: 7/20/2019 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Rattler upper conversion kit
Suppressed upper conversion kit (currently jailed)

Going on AR lowers (registered as needed)
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#41]
This is kind of where I sit. I had 3 MCX's early on and did the upgrades. I sold them as there was no answer from Sig as to when spare parts would be available and did not trust "we will support it". Every time I called, a different answer was given, usually was 18 months or we have no idea type and over a year it never changed. While I like the system, it's hard to justify the price difference from a decent name brand AR. Spare part pricing seems high to me as well. I have been thinking of a Virtus but do not like the 15" HG either.

While I applaud Sig for innovative products, I think when a product is introduced, spare parts should be immediately available, period. Also, they do seem to have a distrust on continuation of product lines and support for them.

And for the life of me, I have no idea why the .308 model was not introduced.

Quoted:
I'm an interested party, but haven't invested yet.

I haven't jumped yet because the Virtus Patrol holds at a very firm $1899 MAP everywhere.  It's been available for a while now and doesn't budge.  That's Sig's prerogative of course, it's their flagship premium product.

Cabela's did have their MCX "Noctis" flavor on sale with a case for $1650 a few weeks ago, which I thought was pretty fair, but I had other financial demands at the time.  I like that their version includes basic back up sights.  They do get a more basic trigger though.  Not terrible, but not as nice as the two stage in the gray/FDE MCX.

I also wish that Patrol shipped with the 12" handguard.  The 15" is just too long unless you're hanging a bipod off the front, which I won't be.  Yes, I could order another one from Sig, but after getting my $1900 rifle, adding $55 in BUIS, adding whatever for an optic, spending another $200 to swap the handguard is silly.  For a $700 AR, I don't complain, but a premium priced product will get a bit more scrutiny.  Part of what's kept me out of the SCAR family is their ultra-premium price, not a single thing has been upgraded in 15 years, and you get a gun, in a cardboard box, with a single magazine.

So for my $1900, this is what I'd want:
- Virtus pattern MCX
- FDE ('cuz it's more accurate, duh)
- 16" barrel
- 12" handguard
- included BUIS
- included soft case

I'd buy that tomorrow.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2019 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#42]
I've got a legacy that I form 1ed and cut to 11.5" (556)
ive also got a legacy 300BO barrel that I'm gonna cut to 11.5" as well.
I have two factory hand guards and about to add a Midwest industries Mlok one.

Sig added a  geissele Trigger at the factory when I sent it in for the recall.

What i'd like to see is more caliber/barrel choices. Either from Sig or aftermarket.
To me that is exactly why I bought into the platform in the first place. I can carry extra barrels easier then extra uppers.

The other thing id want is Sig to Let 3rd parties make barrels for the platform. I'd love a proof research match barrel. Or other high end barrel.
I'm a big fan of the MCX and when I form 1ed it, I'm married to it. But like I've said before it's one step away from greatness... barrels, calibers, parts. Is all it needs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 12:42:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a 9in 300blk Virtus upper on a SBR AR lower.  I use it for night shooting with a Saker and Perst3.  My main interest in the platform was having no buffer tube so I could have a folding stock that could fire while folded. My thoughts are:

It's considerably gassier than the 8.5 300blk w/ superlative AGB it replaced
It's lighter than the Dead Foot Arms system, but still heavy for an AR
It has a bit more recoil
I had light primer strikes until I removed the firing pin latch
It would have to get a side charging upper to get a .22 upper to swap on

I've been wanting an MCX since they were first announced years ago and when I finally got one early this year I was really hyped.  It's been a bit of a let down. Im not sure in what ways it's better than a DI.

I'd like to see it come with a rail that didn't weigh a ton
A factory .22 upper option for $600 or less
Cheaper factory uppers, $250 max is what I'd pay. I can get an Aero Precision AR15 upper for ~$60 consistantly
A folding adjustable stock that's a bit lighter

I have zero interest in gimmicky calibers like .224 valk.  
Zero interest in any caliber with a tapered casing.

The barrel swap ability for me just means easier changes when stuff gets worn out. Even if I used the 5.56 barrels that are available right now I'd have to either rezero my optic/laser or swap to different ones via QD. If I have to go through that PITA I'd rather just swap uppers.

For me to stay with this upper, I'd want to piece an 11.5 5.56 upper for less than $750, midwest rail included.  As it stands, I'm tempted to sell the MCX stuff I have to fund an Angstadt Arms PDW stock + 300blk upper + .22 upper and have money left over. Im just waiting on pricing for the PDW stock.
Link Posted: 7/23/2019 2:54:47 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a legacy MCX 16" 5.56 that went back for recall and came back with the Geissele fire control group. I bought one of those "hybrid" pistols with a 9" 300 blk upper on a Sig M400 lower, and used the upper with my legacy lower to make a 300 BLK SBR. Being an engraved lower now, I'm married to it and thinking of getting a new generation MCX as well. I really do like platform, although I was miffed that it was recalled immediately after I bought, but IMO, the recall wasn't for a real issue that I'd ever encounter..., AND my gun came back better. The Geissele FCG they put in is terrific and we know the improvements to the BCG. So I really can't complain too much.

Parts kits would be nice. I was burned by the Sig 556Xi debacle and now I'm left scouring the internet looking for a charging handle. Sig won't sell one, but said I can send the rifle in to have it "fixed" because they have them now only in the custom shop (one of the ears broke off so now it's not ambidextrous). If all else fails, that's what I'll do, but that rifle has already been back to sig for seizing up out of the box due to an out of round gas tube. I'd rather not part with it again for just a charging handle. My point is, I'm tired of not being able to get parts for my Sig rifles. That alone may make me abandon them altogether in the future.

I'm cautiously optimistic that the MCX is here to stay for a while.

ETA: I just saw the thread about the parts picker and ordered a litany of parts for my MCX.   So I guess, good, I can get parts now.
Link Posted: 7/25/2019 1:26:01 PM EDT
[#45]
I've got a Rattler that's SBR'd.  I will be buying another complete upper, possibly two.  Cant decide if I want to start with the 9" .300, or the 11.5" 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/31/2019 10:42:02 PM EDT
[#46]
What I have:

- 11.5” 5.56 MCX Virtus LE model in black (SBR)
- 6.75” 300 Blk Barrel
- 12” “suppressor compliant” Rail
- Romeo4T
- SRD762Ti-QD
- 1/2x28 Taperlock 3-prong on the 5.56 and brake on the 300 Blk

Aftermarket Mods:

- BCM gun fighter grip
- Magpul MBUS Pros
- Geissele MCX Trigger
- BAD-CASS selector
- Surefire M300 scout with Arisaka mount
- BlueForce VCAS

What I’d like to see:

- Rattler style rail for the 6.75” barrel
- Other calibers like 6.5 Grendel, .224 and 7.62x39
- 18” 5.56 DMR barrel

I’ve had the MCX for a couple months now and have about 800 rounds through it with 5.56 and 300 subs and supers.

Overall, I love the platform and how versatile it is. I was a little disappointed at first when I was having malfunctions every 10 or so rounds with 5.56 the first 120 rounds. Used three different magazines (C Products, PMAG gen 3 and lancers) and was having Double feeds and failure to ejects with factory PMC range ammo.

Since then it has run flawlessly with everything I feed it.

I do think the platform is here to stay and am excited to see Sig continue improving on it and adding different options.

Depending on how mine does with some extended testing, it may even be a contender to replace what my SWAT team is currently using.

Link Posted: 8/5/2019 9:38:18 PM EDT
[#47]
I've had my MCX since 2016

What do you have?
-Legacy MCX rifle (5.56 with barrel cut to 14.5 with pin/welded comp)
-300 BLK 16" barrel for that MCX
-Legacy MCX pistol (5.56 11.5")
-MCX Virtus complete upper (9" 300BLK)

What components do you have?
- Side folding stock
- Few different pistol braces

What components do you want?
- MCX in 308
-Thinking about picking up the Rattler Style stock
- Complete Rattler upper in 5.56

-A handguard for the legacy MCX that matches the Virtus styling (I know MI has theirs, but I like OEM)

Do you use the modularity of the MCX (do you swap barrels/calibers? Have different rail/handguard setups? maybe you just have multiple rifles/pistols? etc)
Only use the modularity aspect when adding a can. I usually swap the handguard to a longer one.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 1:00:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

-A handguard for the legacy MCX that matches the Virtus styling (I know MI has theirs, but I like OEM)
View Quote
@deadmanmike
Like so?

Attachment Attached File

Kinda looks gay with the 11.5" barrel in it, but there it is.

@coregon, they should do a production/sales run of these. If demand is met for the Virtus handguards, produce these, as there's enough Legacies in the wild. A few keystrokes, and it's in MLok.

At least I need this one in a 10.5" for an 11.5" barrel. I've seen an 8", this 12", and a picture of a SD 12" rifle length.
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
@deadmanmike
Like so?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/644E4D74-1CBC-4E48-ADDF-C1547E3AF392_jpeg-1044238.JPG

@coregon, they should do a production/sales run of these. If demand is met for the Virtus handguards, produce these, as there's enough Legacies in the wild. A few keystrokes, and it's in MLok.

At least I need this one in a 10.5" for an 11.5" barrel. I've seen an 8", this 12", and a picture of a SD 12" rifle length.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@deadmanmike
Like so?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/356105/644E4D74-1CBC-4E48-ADDF-C1547E3AF392_jpeg-1044238.JPG

Yes! But MLOK instead of KeyMod
Link Posted: 8/6/2019 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yes! But MLOK instead of KeyMod
View Quote
Keymod Uber alles.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top